Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:43 PM

Issue With My Hp 15 Keyboard - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Issue With My Hp 15 Keyboard (1730 Views)

SOLD❎❎❎ HP 15 TOUCH SMART 1GB AMD A10 Radeon R6 RED KEYBOARD LIGHT 1TB / 8GB RAM / Please Help! Hp Pavilion 15 Keyboard Not Working / Reason Why The Letters On A Computer Keyboard Are Not In Alphabetical Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue With My Hp 15 Keyboard by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2016
Pls, can someone help a brother man from this issue of "s" button not working on HP 15 laptop after I did an update. Note, it had been working perfectly while I was using windows 10 until I got an updates which I did since then it stopped working. I have done a formatting things and I have drived it with no avail. Any solution will be appreciated. Thanks to the engineers in the house.
Re: Issue With My Hp 15 Keyboard by Greatzeus(m): 6:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
You are lucky op,know why? I think its a software issue,since the issue started after an update,assuming it was as a result of soft drink spill or a fall or some physical defect,I would advice to go and change it,but now i still can't figure it out though.
When you drive it,I'm assuming you used driver pack, did it show keyboard or touchpad under missing driver? If it did and still didn't solve the issue it means,the driver is missing but the right one for your PC is not available in the pack.
You should google the driver with your PC name and model,and download it.
Or just check the device driver on your PC if you will notice any yellow icon if you do, click on it and select update.
Wish you the best Op.
Re: Issue With My Hp 15 Keyboard by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 08, 2016
Greatzeus:
You are lucky op,know why? I think its a software issue,since the issue started after an update,assuming it was as a result of soft drink spill or a fall or some physical defect,I would advice to go and change it,but now i still can't figure it out though.
When you drive it,I'm assuming you used driver pack, did it show keyboard or touchpad under missing driver? If it did and still didn't solve the issue it means,the driver is missing but the right one for your PC is not available in the pack.
You should google the driver with your PC name and model,and download it.
Or just check the device driver on your PC if you will notice any yellow icon if you do, click on it and select update.
Wish you the best Op.
Thanks for your reply brother. I have used driver packs (drivers pack 13 & 15) to no avail moreover in the device manager I checked it and saw that "PCI something.... Controller "is showing a yellow button. So,which driver do I Google out now"is it keyboard or touchpad "pls?.Yeah, the drivers pack is showing a missing driver(touchpad ) and when derived it won't have any effect. Thanks so much for your time.
Re: Issue With My Hp 15 Keyboard by Greatzeus(m): 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2016
Diebyfire05:
Thanks for your reply brother. I have used driver packs (drivers pack 13 & 15) to no avail moreover in the device manager I checked it and saw that "PCI something.... Controller "is showing a yellow button. So,which driver do I Google out now"is it keyboard or touchpad "pls?.Yeah, the drivers pack is showing a missing driver(touchpad ) and when derived it won't have any effect. Thanks so much for your time.
Google the driver showing the yellow icon,if it wasn't there before the update.Make sure you specify your PC correctly when searching so that you will directed correctly to the right driver eg PCI controller driver for HP 15
Re: Issue With My Hp 15 Keyboard by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
Thanks and sorry for the delayed response. I'll do that now and I shall get back to you meanwhile external keyboard is working perfectly on my system but let me install that particular driver first before having a second thought. Thanks .

(1) (Reply)

3 Ways To Remove Shortcut Virus Permanently From A Pendrive / Macbook For Repair And Sell / A Nairalander Built A Gaming Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.