Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,637 members, 7,851,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:54 PM

Life Lesson From The Football Pitch. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Life Lesson From The Football Pitch. (1018 Views)

Entrepreneurs: Tips On How To Deliver A Pitch Investors Can't Turn Down / A Lesson From The Fall Of Yahoo / Lesson From The Devaluation Of Ghana Cedi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life Lesson From The Football Pitch. by rheether(f): 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2016
I have always said that there's a lot to be learned from the football world. As managers, as entrepreneurs, as public
servants, so much knowledge can be garnered from the round leather game. Take for instance, Roberto Mancini lost his
job today. On a good day, Mancini is a class act coach, he won the EPL with Man City, he won Serie A back to back with
Inter, he equally had a successful stint in Turkey! So why then does he keep losing his job? This is the forth consecutive
time he's been sacked. Mancini always always has a turbulent relationship with his employers even tho His rapport isn't
so bad with his players except for extreme cases like Balotelli.
The lesson here is that if you find urself heading a "group" in any "setting" , it is not enough to have a good relationship
with just ur team members, if your relationship with the powers that be is not good enough, you'll soon walk the door.
The first law of Power is never to outshine the master.
Paul Pogba is about completing his move back to United. Pogba left under ludicrous circumstances abt four years ago,
he was never given the chance! Four years later, Utd are about to break the bank for him. On a personal note I probably
would have bought a Bale for that fee than a Pogba! But I'm happy for him nontheless
But the lesson here is that If they reject u,dont cry, don't curse, move on make urself better,add some style, add some
class n someday they'll be back begging for ur service! # LifeLessonsFromTheFootballPitch .

5 Likes

Re: Life Lesson From The Football Pitch. by nairalife2013(m): 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2016
Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Life Lesson From The Football Pitch. by davidif: 10:26am On Oct 03, 2016
You forgot the most important lesson of all and that is to be successful you need to surround yourself with talented people who can carry out your plans. A wise man once said that sports is the closest thing we have to a meritocracy in our society and boy was he right. In football, its not necessarily about your looks or who you know or who you are related to, its about how well your perform. If you are good enough someone would find you eventually and possibly promote you and if you stop performing, no matter how good you were in the past, they would get someone else to replace you (See Wayne Rooney for recent example).

Another lesson to learn is that in other to be successful you need to surround yourself with talented people who fit your vision no matter where you can find them. Whether its assistant coaches or players, you have to surround yourself with talented and bright people who FIT YOUR VISION and LISTEN TO THEM.

Lastly, you need to surround yourself with people that you can trust: people who can get the job done a la Roy Keane, Jaap Stam etc.

P.S: I wish our leaders would listen to this.

1 Like

Re: Life Lesson From The Football Pitch. by StarboyMichael(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
Epic lessons from you guys. Life is a beautiful thing
Re: Life Lesson From The Football Pitch. by Dajugba: 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
rheether:
I have always said that there's a lot to be learned from the football world. As managers, as entrepreneurs, as public
servants, so much knowledge can be garnered from the round leather game. Take for instance, Roberto Mancini lost his
job today. On a good day, Mancini is a class act coach, he won the EPL with Man City, he won Serie A back to back with
Inter, he equally had a successful stint in Turkey! So why then does he keep losing his job? This is the forth consecutive
time he's been sacked. Mancini always always has a turbulent relationship with his employers even tho His rapport isn't
so bad with his players except for extreme cases like Balotelli.
The lesson here is that if you find urself heading a "group" in any "setting" , it is not enough to have a good relationship
with just ur team members, if your relationship with the powers that be is not good enough, you'll soon walk the door.
The first law of Power is never to outshine the master.
Paul Pogba is about completing his move back to United. Pogba left under ludicrous circumstances abt four years ago,
he was never given the chance! Four years later, Utd are about to break the bank for him. On a personal note I probably
would have bought a Bale for that fee than a Pogba! But I'm happy for him nontheless
But the lesson here is that If they reject u,dont cry, don't curse, move on make urself better,add some style, add some
class n someday they'll be back begging for ur service! # LifeLessonsFromTheFootballPitch .
nice one. Can you share your knowledge on my platform?
Re: Life Lesson From The Football Pitch. by Inani(m): 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2017
Beautiful,educative nd inspirational
Re: Life Lesson From The Football Pitch. by mrtegation99(m): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2017
Rheether, our wife has said it all.

(1) (Reply)

BLCO Supplier Here: See Procedures For CIF ONLY / Agip Oil Big Boy Honoured At South South Progress Award (photos) / Canon Opens Its First West African Office In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.