Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? (5297 Views)

What Is Atheism? / Is Atheism Gaining Ground? / Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR ARGUMENTS ON GOD'S EXISTENCE, BUT A THREAD THAT IS AIMED AT EXPOSING THE FOOLISHNESS OF ATHEISM.

The Foolishness of Atheism
by Eric Lyons, M.Min.

Atheists are fond of claiming that their way of thinking is logical, reasonable, and intellectual. They maintain that they are open-minded and refer to themselves as free thinkers. Unlike Christians, who are allegedly delusional, irrational, blind, and absurd, atheists consider themselves utterly rational, sensible people who follow the evidence wherever it leads. Yet atheism says that everything came from nothing.

Atheism says that an explosion caused exquisite
order. It says that random chances produced
precision and that life popped into existence in
nature from non-life. Atheism says that the design of the human eye is a delusion, while the design of a camera is apparent. Atheism says that fish and frogs are man’s distant forefathers and that intelligence is the result of non-intelligence.

Atheism alleges that either man is on the same moral plane as a moose, or he actually evolved a sense of morality from amoral monkeys. Atheism spends multiplied millions of dollars and countless thousands of hours in search of extra-terrestrial life, which has never been found.

When atheism is stripped of pompous proclamations and arrogant allegations, its naked soul is seen for what it really is: weak, illogical, unscientific, and worthless. Atheists blindly believe that, for example, life came from non-life. Rather than accept what scientific experimentation has repeatedly concluded over the past 200 years (that in nature life comes only from life and that of its own kind), atheists remain committed to a disproven theory. Man has never witnessed mindlessness bring forth intelligence. He’s never seen something come from nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by abduljabbar4(m): 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2016
We Muslims talk about Islam

Atheists talk about their belief in the inexistence of God

Christians? They talk about the evils of Islam, evils of atheism, evils of Idol worshipping but never talk about christianity. Anyone who doesn't believe in Christianity is either a terrorist or satanist

I hail

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Weah96: 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2016
promise10:

Man has never witnessed mindlessness bring forth intelligence. He’s never seen something come from nothing.

Life can only bring forth life. So tell me, is your god a non living thing? If not, then where did he get his own life from? LOL

6 Likes

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 08, 2016

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by taurus25(m): 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2016
lol you guys are funny. . who is atheism and when did it say all those crap....dont just create a thread because you can abeg

3 Likes

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Eddlad: 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2016
Weah96:

Life can only bring forth life. So tell me, is your god a non living thing? If not, then where did he get his own life from? LOL

Am not in disapproval or support of the op, that said tell me why you strongly believe your hypothesis of the origin of creation is no doubt the right one, even when I didn't know God I wasn't this careless with my words.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by weblord1900: 10:40pm On Aug 08, 2016
What is t
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by weblord1900: 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2016
What is the purpose of this post?

lol see how 4verGod take rush in grin
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by hopefulLandlord: 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2016
Another ignorant post

Replace "atheism" with "evolutionism"

Not all atheists accept the big bang and evolution bro

2 Likes

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by PastorAIO: 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2016
OP, you didn't describe atheism. You even said you refuse to discuss atheism in the first couple sentences of the op.

It is impossible to discuss atheism without discussing God because atheism is about disbelief in God/Gods.

Atheism is not about logical thinking. One can quite illogically arrive at atheism. Atheism is just lack of belief in God, whether logical or not.

promise10:

The Foolishness of Atheism
by Eric Lyons, M.Min.

Atheism says that an explosion caused exquisite
order. It says that random chances produced
precision and that life popped into existence in
nature from non-life. Atheism says that the design of the human eye is a delusion, while the design of a camera is apparent. Atheism says that fish and frogs are man’s distant forefathers and that intelligence is the result of non-intelligence.
Atheism alleges that either man is on the same moral plane as a moose, or he actually evolved a sense of morality from amoral monkeys. Atheism spends multiplied millions of dollars and countless thousands of hours in search of extra-terrestrial life, which has never been found.
When atheism is stripped of pompous proclamations and arrogant allegations, its naked soul is seen for what it really is: weak, illogical, unscientific, and worthless. Atheists blindly believe that, for example, life came from non-life. Rather than accept what scientific experimentation has repeatedly concluded over the past 200 years (that in nature life comes only from life and that of its own kind), atheists remain committed to a disproven theory. Man has never witnessed mindlessness bring forth intelligence. He’s never seen something come from nothing.

Atheism says none of the above. Modern science does though. And you're free to declare modern science as foolish.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 12:37am On Aug 09, 2016
Weah96:

Hey, are you this dull and dumb

Subjecting God under science?

If God is subject to science, then he is simply an IDOL.

God DIDN'T GET life, he NEVER CAME into existence. HE IS ETERNAL!!!
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 12:39am On Aug 09, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Another ignorant post

Replace "atheism" with "evolutionism"

Not all atheists accept the big bang and evolution bro

Then you move ahead!

1 Like

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 12:41am On Aug 09, 2016
PastorAIO:
OP, you didn't describe atheism. You even said you refuse to discuss atheism in the first couple sentences of the op.

It is impossible to discuss atheism without discussing God because atheism is about disbelief in God/Gods.

Atheism is not about logical thinking. One can quite illogically arrive at atheism. Atheism is just lack of belief in God, whether logical or not.

Atheism says none of the above. Modern science does though. And you're free to declare modern science as foolish.

According to you, how true do you consider this your so-called modern science to be?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Weah96: 12:44am On Aug 09, 2016
Eddlad:

Am not in disapproval or support of the op, that said tell me why you strongly believe your hypothesis of the origin of creation is no doubt the right one, even when I didn't know God I wasn't this careless with my words.

My hypothesis is grounded in common sense. And I don't go around parading it as the ultimate truth.

In fact, I'm even willing to concede ignorance and say that I don't know. Keep in mind that ignorance doesn't imply gullibility. That someone doesn't know something doesn't mean that he will accept ANY answer.

3 Likes

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 12:47am On Aug 09, 2016
Weah96:

My hypothesis is grounded in common sense. And I don't go around parading it as the ultimate truth.

In fact, I'm even willing to concede ignorance and say that I don't know. Keep in mind that ignorance doesn't imply gullibility. That someone doesn't know something doesn't mean that he will accept ANY answer.
Actually, is it really the way I stated in the OP, is how dull you think as an atheist?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Weah96: 12:48am On Aug 09, 2016
promise10:

Hey, are you this dull and dumb

Subjecting God under science?

If God is subject to science, then he is simply an IDOL.

God DIDN'T GET life, he NEVER CAME into existence. HE IS ETERNAL!!!

So it IS possible for life to come from absolute nothing after all. Is that what you're saying?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Weah96: 12:49am On Aug 09, 2016
promise10:

Actually, is it really the way I stated in the OP, is how dull you think as an atheist?

Read what you wrote here and see if you understand it. If I'm the dull one then you must be deceased already.
Can life come from nothing or not? Answer my question coherently please.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 12:53am On Aug 09, 2016
Weah96:

This is exactly what I said in the OP!

You claim intelligence and common sense but believe something a kid will just hear and laugh over.

But, first of all did life pop out of a non-living thing?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 12:55am On Aug 09, 2016
Weah96:

Read what you wrote here and see if you understand it. If I'm the dull one then you must be deceased already.
Can life come from nothing or not? Answer my question coherently please.
Life CANNOT come from nothing!

But, I rather choose to be deceased than to think the dull-way you think. Damn!
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Weah96: 1:01am On Aug 09, 2016
promise10:

Life CANNOT come from nothing!

But, I rather choose to be deceased than to think the dull-way you think. Damn!

So your god is NOT alive then because living things MUST come from something. What am I missing?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Weah96: 1:06am On Aug 09, 2016
promise10:

But, first of all did life pop out of a non-living thing?

Life has always existed in some form, even in the form of NOTHING.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 1:10am On Aug 09, 2016
Weah96:

So your god is NOT alive then because living things MUST come from something. What am I missing?

Who deceived you that God is nothing?

What you missed is that God is an eternal being.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 1:14am On Aug 09, 2016
Weah96:

Life has always existed in some form, even in the form of NOTHING.
Please prove this with scientific experimental evidences.

In which form, has life existed?

How did life existed in the form of NOTHING?

Mind you, nothing means without anything even life.

So, how did life existed in the form of NULL(even without life)?

How did life existed in something that has NO LIFE?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Weah96: 1:17am On Aug 09, 2016
promise10:

Who deceived you that God is nothing?

What you missed is that God is an eternal being.

Eternal beings don't have parents? Is that correct? And there's only one of them. So the bible satan created himself too, because he's described as impossible to kill.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 1:24am On Aug 09, 2016
Weah96:

Eternal beings don't have parents? Is that correct? And there's only one of them. So the bible satan created himself too, because he's described as impossible to kill.
If an eternal being should have parents, then they it is NO MORE eternal, because it implies that it CAME INTO EXISTENCE.

Don't you know what eternal means?

Satan in the bible is NOT eternal! God CREATED him, and he now rebelled against the authority of God.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Weah96: 1:28am On Aug 09, 2016
promise10:

Please prove this with scientific experimental evidences.

In which form, has life existed?

How did life existed in the form of NOTHING?

Mind you, nothing means without anything even life.

So, how did life existed in the form of NULL(even without life)?

How did life existed in something that has NO LIFE?

https://www.fnal.gov/pub/today/archive/archive_2013/today13-02-01_NutshellReadmore.html

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Are_virtual_particles_really_constantly_popping_in_and_out_of_existence_Can_laser_make_them_real

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-virtual-particles-rea/

Gordon Kane, director of the Michigan Center for Theoretical Physics at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, provides this answer.

Virtual particles are indeed real particles. Quantum theory predicts that every particle spends some time as a combination of other particles in all possible ways. These predictions are very well understood and tested.
Quantum mechanics allows, and indeed requires, temporary violations of conservation of energy, so one particle can become a pair of [size=18pt]heavier[/size] particles (the so-called virtual particles), which quickly rejoin into the original particle as if they had never been there.

What I need to show you now is WHY these particles are alive. How must something behave in order for you to call it a living thing? May I continue?
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 1:32am On Aug 09, 2016
Weah96:

If an eternal being should have parents, then they it is NO MORE eternal, because it implies that it CAME INTO EXISTENCE.

Satan in the bible is NOT eternal! God CREATED him, and he now rebelled against the authority of God.

Who told you that satan is impossible to kill?

Chai! Where did you get that from? The bible? Bring up your biblical evidence.

Satan, is not impossible to kill. Though man cannot kill him with his effort, but God can.

Satan is God's creature, no matter how he rebels, he doesn't have what it takes to fight God personally.

Say, I am a creator. And I created an Ant. No matter how that ant thinks it rebellious, it CANNOT fight me. Why? Because it doesn't have what it takes to fight me.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Weah96: 1:37am On Aug 09, 2016
promise10:

So then eternal beings don't have to come from anything. They have always existed. This means that there is a kind of life that doesn't have to come from a pre-existing life.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 2:01am On Aug 09, 2016
Weah96:

So then eternal beings don't have to come from anything. They have always existed. This means that there is a kind of life that doesn't have to come from a pre-existing life.

You are still missing it! When talking about an eternal being, you don't use the word "exist". Because an eternal being didn't COME INTO EXISTENCE. It is eternal.

An eternal being doesn't come from anything, if it can come from anything then it is not eternal.

In the bolded, you TOTALLY flawed things down by trying to subject God under science which doesn't work that way.

Say, that I am a creator. I created some ants. For me to sustain them, I carved out how THEIR OWN environment would work, hence the science of their environment. The sciences of their environment, which I have carved out is for them alone. I CANNOT IN ANY WAY BE SUBJECTED TO THE SCIENCES OF THEIR ENVIRONMENT. Because I created it for them and not for both me and them.

God didn't beget man the same way man begets man. God made man by his own might, and carved out sciences that will guard man's habitat.

So, it is part of the science carved out by God, that LIVING THINGS MUST BEGET LIVING THINGS, which God is not subject to.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 2:05am On Aug 09, 2016
Weah96:

https://www.fnal.gov/pub/today/archive/archive_2013/today13-02-01_NutshellReadmore.html

https://www.researchgate.net/post/Are_virtual_particles_really_constantly_popping_in_and_out_of_existence_Can_laser_make_them_real

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-virtual-particles-rea/

What I need to show you now is WHY these particles are alive. How must something behave in order for you to call it a living thing? May I continue?
My question in this regard is, how did live exist in a non living matter?

And I am yet to see any laboratory experiment that physically prove that life comes from non-living matter.

Just like, life coming from a plastic rubber. Yuck!
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by promise10: 2:12am On Aug 09, 2016
Anyway, I am still waiting for your evidence of life coming from non-living.
Re: Is Atheism Really This Foolish???? by Weah96: 3:31am On Aug 09, 2016
promise10:

You are still missing it! When talking about an eternal being, you don't use the word "exist". Because an eternal being didn't COME INTO EXISTENCE. It is eternal.

[size=18pt]An eternal being doesn't come from anything, if it can come from anything then it is not eternal.[/size]

In the bolded, you TOTALLY flawed things down by trying to subject God under science which doesn't work that way.

God didn't beget man the same way man begets man. God made man by his own might, and carved out sciences that will guard man's habitat.

So, it is part of the science carved out by God, that LIVING THINGS MUST BEGET LIVING THINGS, which God is not subject to.

Eternal beings EXIST now, whether or not they were conceived doesn't affect their existence. Let's not get lost in semantics.

According to the enlarged, there are certain beings which do not come from anything. That was all I needed to know.

Thanks. The articles I provided speak about a class of subatomic particles that behaves this way. They seem to suggest that empty space (nothing), is a cauldron of life, transient living particles that interact with other transient particles.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Most Pastors Are Going To Hell / Question My 11years Daughter Asked Me / Do You Believe That Allah Is Same As Jehovah?: Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.