Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,594 members, 7,854,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:32 PM

17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos (762 Views)

Woman Fakes Pregnancy In Ilorin, Kwara For 9 Months / Bride Trying To Abort Pregnancy In Uganda Busted / Man Butchers Two Sisters In Jos Over Pregnancy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos by LifeDrama: 1:30am On Aug 09, 2016
A 17-year-old girl, (first name withheld) Saka has died after drinking local insecticide, Sniper in Igando area of Lagos State.

Lagos Metro gathered that the victim allegedly blamed her grandma for her death in a note which she left behind.

The elderly woman was arrested after Saka’s boyfriend had reported the case at Igando division.

A source explained that Saka was taken to her grandma’s house in Mofoluwasho Close to live with her after the death of her mother because she was the only child of her parents. Saka’s mother died when the victim was only three years old.

The source said, “She had been living with her since then. The woman is a trader in Ikotun market and that was how the girl met with a guy whom she started dating. Whenever the woman was not around, she would bring the man home and he would spend the night with her.”

Another source disclosed that the woman was not pleased with the news that Saka was pregnant so, she insisted she packed out of the house.

“The grandma insisted that she moved out of the house to her boyfriend’s house. The woman packed her luggage outside the gate and the girl angrily left the house, took Sniper and drank it,” he said.

Residents said the victim began foaming in the mouth at her boyfriend’s house and was rushed to the Igando General Hospital where she was confirmed dead.

When the boyfriend saw the suicide note, he was said to have reported to the police.

A resident said, “The girl and the boyfriend loved each other. The man did not even reject the pregnancy. It was from the suicide note that the boyfriend saw that the girl accused her grandma of causing her death. He reported to the police with the note in his hand.

“The Police took the suicide note and arrested the woman. She was in tears at the bus stop as she kept saying she didn’t mean her any harm. It was a sad sight,” another resident said.

A resident, who identified himself as Goddey, appealed to the government to intervene in the increasing teenage suicides in the community.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, confirmed the incident.

She said Saka’s corpse had been deposited in a mortuary. “Her corpse has been deposited at the hospital’s morgue for autopsy. Investigation is still ongoing,” he added.

Source: http://lifedrama.com.ng/omg-17-year-old-girl-commits-suicide-over-pregnancy-in-lagos/

Re: 17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos by youngest85(m): 1:34am On Aug 09, 2016
It's all the girl's fault.

How dare u bring a man to sleep over in ur parent's house.

And for d granny reaction; it's a normal tin 4 a parent to react dat way.

Or are u suppose to be applaud 4 such act?
Re: 17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos by moscyt(m): 1:34am On Aug 09, 2016
Rip! No matter how hard you fall, you have to keep getting back up. Life might be hard now doesn't mean it can't change for the better. Suicide is a coward way of solving problems.
Inna lilahi waina laehi rajiuna
Re: 17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos by johnwizey: 1:37am On Aug 09, 2016
Suicide is a way of telling God 'i quit'.
Re: 17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos by tomquest: 2:42am On Aug 09, 2016
If I was the DPO, I would buy her grandma a chilled bottle of Guiness malt, get her seated in my office and then ask how her business is going. This spoilt girl's unfortunate death mustn't be allowed to stress "mama" for anything more than 10 minutes.
Re: 17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos by satelliteDISH(m): 3:02am On Aug 09, 2016
tomquest:
If I was the DPO, I would buy her grandma a chilled bottle of Guiness malt, get her seated in my office and then ask how her business is going. This spoilt girl's unfortunate death mustn't be allowed to stress "mama" for anything more than 10 minutes.

TRUE talk. The girl caused her own death. The guy loves her and did not reject the pregnancy. What was she thinking?
Re: 17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos by Vilshow(m): 3:10am On Aug 09, 2016
Suicide would never be the solution to any challenges face by humanity
Re: 17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos by dannyben5: 4:10am On Aug 09, 2016
The girl mumu don over ripe...kai..

Re: 17-year Old Girl Commits Suicide Over Pregnancy In Lagos by DannyJ19(m): 6:59am On Aug 09, 2016
Same thing happened in my area bt me don fall 4 d babe she cum go hang with tout nw she don carry belle.

(1) (Reply)

Girl Stolen From Hospital At 3years, Finds Real Parents After Nearly 20years / Youth Killed By Unknown Gunmen In Jos Plateau Finally Laid To Rest -photos / Gun Men Raid A Police Station Killing 2 Police Men At Igumale, Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.