Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed (5152 Views)

SOLD Clean Reg Mercedes Benz 190E 4 Sale In Awka / KENGODSON'S(VINTAGE MERCEDES BENZ TREAD) ENUGU, benz coupe w114 1972 available / SOLD: Vintage Mercedes Benz For Sale £2500 only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2016
This well maintained 190e will go to the highest bidder with proof of ability to care for it. i will list the good and not so good qualities. i will add updates with time.

Rare 16valve 190 body kit

Fresh oven bake to Giverny green

car looks very unique, the suspension is low set, and stance leans forward

Bucket seats front and rear, fabric

centre guages; oil temperature monitor and battery voltmeter, digital stopwatch in middle has run

factory ac with new sanden compressor, gas is very tight and will not leak

clear head lamps, and traffic indicator light

debadged: no mercedes sign on chasis

no overheating, no unnecessary heat in interior, heated seats socket disconnected, and heater pipes in vent diverted

troublefree 5 speed manual transmission

price: 450k final price.

be quick if you want to make an offer. i will be travelling soon.

whatsapp: 08038717534

Call: 08124845615

i will add updates later

car is in Ibadan presently.

Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by tempex88(m): 10:24pm On Aug 09, 2016
Wait do I mean 60k?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 10, 2016
tempex88:
Wait do I mean 60k?

Why are you asking us what you mean?

1 Like

Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 8:21am On Aug 10, 2016
Engine,

m102, 2.0L.

front view.

Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 8:28am On Aug 10, 2016
2 new tyres at the rear.

image drivers seat

instrument cluster:

cluster works fine. odometer, speedometer, analog clock, fuel gauge.

Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2016
the not so good about this car:

the m102 engine, though bulletproof is not original to the chassis. it is however in excellent condition, and you rarely need to add oil between services

the engine vibrates noticeably on idle when the ac is on, probably due to the compressor being a manual type originally designed for th peugeot engine.

the interior fitting is starting to become loose, and so there are rough edges here and there. for e.g the door cards are notorious for coming loose at the top. i will add pictures.

the open roof no longer works, and drips sometimes in heavy rain

the boot has to be locked manually, no longer works with the central locking

the paint and bodywork finish on the passengers side is flawed, and noticeable when observed closely.
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 8:52am On Aug 10, 2016

the m102 engine, though bulletproof is not original to the chassis. it is however in excellent condition, and you rarely need to add oil between services

the interior fitting is starting to become loose, and so there are rough edges here and there. for e.g the door cards are notorious for coming loose at the top. i will add pictures.

the paint and bodywork finish on the passengers side is flawed, and noticeable when observed closely

upright seat control on door no longer works, so driver's seat can only move back and forth until the switch is replaced

Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by blueblood1(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2016
ure a big joker!

600k for a car taht should be in the museum?

if u want, i can dash u a cleaner one, parked in my grannys house in benin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 9:35am On Aug 10, 2016
in a nutshell, that's about it about this car.

what you see is what you get, a reliable, rugged, German engineered rear wheel drive, tested and trusted. Guaranteed to give many more miles without the hassles of modern electronics or automatic transmissions. Yet not without the characteristic safety ethos traditionally associated with Mercedes Benz.

So if you're interested, make your offer, maybe we can come to a reasonable conclusion. Be bold and ignore the price tag I attached to the title, that is for a purpose.
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2016
having mentioned the salient points above, i should sound a note of caution.

These are dated cars, and can be costly to maintain, so if you're looking for a cheap car with cheap maintenance, it's better going for an old japanese model that can be easily fixed by apprentice technicians. otherwise, you may have regrets.

things are bound to fail in a car over 20 years old, there's no formula to solve that other than having a little technical knowhow yourself, and having a ready, competent hand to handle the failures. so have a budget for parts, service charges, and time. it's an old car but i can assure you the prices of the spare parts are not as old as you think. i will list a few at the end.

most troublesome spot with the 190e is the fuel management system, particularly the injection system, many self proclaimed Benz technicians with several years experience in Nigeria cannot rectify the fuel injection problems. that is why if you look under the engine bay, many of these cars have been converted to rough running, thirsty, weak carburetor systems. the fuel pumps, fuel filters, injector nozzles, plugs have to be in excellent shape to get the best out of the car.
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 9:53am On Aug 10, 2016
having mentioned the salient points above, i should sound a note of caution.

These are dated cars, and can be costly to maintain, so if you're looking for a cheap car with cheap maintenance, it's better going for an old japanese model that can be easily fixed by apprentice technicians. otherwise, you may have regrets.

things are bound to fail in a car over 20 years old, there's no formula to solve that other than having a little technical knowhow yourself, and having a ready, competent hand to handle the failures. so have a budget for parts, service charges, and time. it's an old car but i can assure you the prices of the spare parts are not as old as you think. i will list a few at the end.

most troublesome spot with the 190e is the fuel management system, particularly the injection system, many self proclaimed Benz technicians with several years experience in Nigeria cannot rectify the fuel injection problems. that is why if you look under the engine bay, many of these cars have been converted to rough running, thirsty, weak carburetor systems. the fuel pumps, fuel filters, injector nozzles, plugs have to be in excellent shape to get the best out of the car.
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 10:25am On Aug 10, 2016
the other trouble spots to watch out for are from the rear wheel drive components, and the multilink rear suspension.

flex discs will break easily if they are of inferior quality and the driver is rough on rough roads which are everywhere in Nigeria.

Centre casing rubber is also easily torn.

in the multilink suspension, the linkages/arms themselves may break off, the bushings will harden with time and cause the car to bounce at the rear.

rear shock absorbers are usually sturdy and rarely need replacement.

the engine uses a timing chain that rarely breaks so no need to bother about that

the engine may overheat occasionally, at which point you will have to check the cooling system, if the radiator and thermostat and fans are functioning to design. a gasket replacement may be required in extreme cases.

No 190 is exempt from these faults, once you are aware of them. it will be unable to spring any surprises on you.

some parts prices: these are estimates for foreign used good parts, OEM parts will be costlier.

complete engine: 90k

half engine(block and head); 50k

Gearbox, clutch disc, and plate: 15k

fuel injector: 10k

fuel pump: 5k

Radiator: 5k

flex disc: 3k

centre casing: 1.5k

hubs cost averagely 4k each.

shock absorbers cost averagely 2k each.

workmanship costs are higher for any Benz model compared to counterparts of the same age.

the 190 will not be fuel efficient if you drive with a heavy foot, and a tank below the 1/2 mark on the gauge.

so this is what i can remember for now,the 190 remains a great little sports sedan built at a time when Engineering was prioritized above all things at the Stuttgart company. In conclusion, Happy bidding smiley smiley smiley
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by bigfather(m): 10:33am On Aug 10, 2016
I like your honesty . But are you sure the selling price is not a typo error ? Cause with all those faults and defects listed. No sane person will be willing to part away with such an amount !

2 Likes

Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by uboma(m): 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
bigfather:
I like your honesty . But are you sure the selling price is not a typo error ? Cause with all those faults and defects listed. No sane person will be willing to part away with such an amount !

benzmatic:
in a nutshell, that's about it about this car.
what you see is what you get, a reliable, rugged, German engineered rear wheel drive, tested and trusted. Guaranteed to give many more miles without the hassles of modern electronics or automatic transmissions. Yet not without the characteristic safety ethos traditionally associated with Mercedes Benz.
So if you're interested, make your offer, maybe we can come to a reasonable conclusion. Be bold and ignore the price tag I attached to the title, that is for a purpose.
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
blueblood1:
ure a big joker!

600k for a car taht should be in the museum?

if u want, i can dash u a cleaner one, parked in my grannys house in benin
I'm interested. smiley
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by DonDantee: 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2016
200k pay tomrw
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by lordimmaogidi(m): 2:48am On Aug 11, 2016
Broda I love de way u jawjaw analysis, am a lover of Benz,am just a beginer n managing,hu much cn I get a faily used C clas of 99 or 2k model of a perfect condition. Pls b trutful n we're cn get it cheapest. @Op . Urs hustler
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 7:08am On Aug 11, 2016
to the poster above, if u are really a beginner and just managing. it may be risky to begin with a Benz. but the c class is a realistic place to start. just get one in good condition. it will not be as cheap as you think most likely.
Budget about 15k for servicing every 10,000km thereabout. I have not used a c class before, but i heard of MAF meter failure, fuel pump failure, not costly repairs. check automatic transmission meticulously before buying. good luck.
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 7:38am On Aug 11, 2016
price reviewed following advice by well meaning Nigerians in the merc whatsapp group.

i believe this car is a better bargain than even a clean 'toks', why:

for one it is prettier, i know because i drive it around and compare. some people take a second look at it. if you have pictures of a better looking toks in Nigeria, i throw it as a challenge for you to paste

it will not likely have the 16v body kit, its stll scarce here

it will be unpredictable because it will be operating in a new environment under different hands, technicians and drivers

the things that will likely go wrong with your toks within 6 months to 1 year: it will overheat once it gets into heavy traffic, the fuel pump will fail and you won,t know what happened, the injector will act up, you will think it is your battery, your mechanic will think so to, he will eventually help you convert it to a carburetor

it will not likely have ac, if it has, it will fail within 6months, you will put another compressor, etc. it will fail again

it will not have sweet alloy wheels like mine, they will remove it at the port to put on one camry, those ones sell faster

it will not have new tyres for the same reason above

it will have a stupid auto trans that will fail to shift into 5th gear on the highway, in town it will go from 1st to 3rd gear in traffic

the oil in the rear axle will be dried up, the axle will get shot after some time, and your toks 190 will be struggling with nissan micra

i,m not bragging, don,t laugh prove me wrong. there are many dealers here, let them post pictures of their 190. i will score them, nairalanders can judge.

the only thing your 190 will have on mine is maybe cleaner finishing inside from lack of use. even that is not guaranteed, unless of course you get a 2.6, or a sportline edition in excellent condition. now those worth are their weight in gold, only then will i show you some respect. they will not be cheap though. trust me. and an original 16v in clean shape with the original 2.3/2.5l 170hp+ naturally aspirated, mechanical valve lifter fitted engines without turbo or super charger: that is way out of your league. believe me.

1 Like

Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by DonDantee: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2016
Uhm!!!!!
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 3:55pm On Aug 11, 2016
Check
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 8:17am On Aug 12, 2016
check1
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by DonDantee: 11:23am On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
Lol, my guy. There are many 190 around for 150k, why do want this one? Be honest send me a pm.
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 8:01pm On Aug 12, 2016
Check
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by WeNoGoDie(m): 10:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
benzmatic:

the engine vibrates noticeably on idle when the ac is on, probably due to the compressor being a manual type originally designed for th peugeot engine.

the paint and bodywork finish on the passengers side is flawed, and noticeable when observed closely.
I vote you as the most honest human being on nairaland... and maybe beyond.

Honestly I marvel. If our politicians are one tenth as honest am sure Nigeria will be like Amsterdam by now.

Just let me know when you want to pursue a government post and I'll campaign for you free of charge.

Please include me in your whatsapp 08094203615.

3 Likes

Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 9:01am On Aug 13, 2016
Thank you sir.

Check
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by mbahjohnpaul: 9:08am On Aug 13, 2016
Pls how much to change shocks and bushings in Mercedes vboot? Thanks for ur reply
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
Vboot is big 190 and a little extra depending on specification.

Shocks are average 2k each, bushings are 600n each. They are many though.
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
Check
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 9:57am On Aug 15, 2016
Rugged
Re: Check: Vintage Mercedes Benz 190e[16v chasis] Sale @ 450k: reviewed by benzmatic: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
double timing chain: check

(1) (2) (Reply)

sold!!!2004 registered Honda Accord 6Cylinders 490k last price / 2008 Ford Edge Tokunbo- SOLD!!!!!!!!! / Toyota Corolla 2003 Model: For Sale: Very Clean Tokunbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.