Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

African Woman Place Isn't In The Kitchen Anymore - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Woman Place Isn't In The Kitchen Anymore (823 Views)

Oduduwa Isn't The Father Of The 'Yorubas' / Ugwu Nwanyi; The Pride Of An African Woman. / The Myth Of The 'strong African Woman'.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Woman Place Isn't In The Kitchen Anymore by ariesbull: 10:12am On Aug 10, 2016
Women are bracing up.. This is an interview of a young lady doing well and hear her

Nigerian and African women have a mindset that women shouldn’t be ambitious, people like you are changing this narrative. What do you have to tell Nigerian women on business start ups?

Well I’ll say gone are the dark times when women were seen as caged animals only meant for pleasure and domestic chores…women are now leaders, business tycoons, bread winners …some men are now even transforming themselves to become a woman…so if you think low of yourself as a woman, thinking you can’t do great things, thinking you can’t dare success, thinking you have limits…This is my advice…Stand up right now and say to yourself ‘’ I can be anything I want to be, I can soar higher than the moon, I can fly, I am limitless…don’t lazy around thinking that someone has to take care of you, start thinking about how to take care of others instead, start thinking extraordinary, start thinking big…all you need is change your mind set from ‘’I can’t’’ to ‘’I can’’,…set goals, take those baby steps towards realizing your goals, embrace every challenges you meet on your journey to success positively, be determined, be focused, be resilient, be positive..start small, grow big......... https://etimesafrica./2016/08/10/african-womans-role-is-no-more-in-the-kitchen-and-background/

(1) (Reply)

W.y.c Kumasi 2017 Preserving The Rich Cultural Heritage Of Yoruba / My Family Not From Benin, Says Musiliu Obanikoro / Happy Birthday To Olubadan Of Ibadan...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.