Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. (3292 Views)

Is My Nairaland Account Hacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by yunglary(m): 10:13am On Aug 10, 2016
Hello everyone,
I created an unofficial android app for nairaland.com
so i released un unstable version for fellow developers to
use and tell me the performance of the app before i release
it to the General public, so i made sure all exceptions are
shown so that you can know what d app is going through.
At the beginning, you will be asked to choose you
Internet Service provider(ISP) which contains "Airtel"
and Others, choosing airtel would alow you use d app for
free
while(simCardIsAirtel){
appUsage = "FREE";
}
and others would use ur existing subscription.
Tap the light bulb to load post.
Click any topic to read.
I did not add any loading animation for the topics so
you have to be patient. if any error occur, you will be notified
with the exceptions.
App Info:
App Name: Nairaland Forum.
Package Name: com.latix.nairalandforum;
Version: 1.0.
Version Name: "1.0-unstable"
Packages: 1.
Java Classes: 16.
Activities: 1.
Raw File Size: 8.9MB.
Download Size: 7.7MB.
Link: http://www96.zippyshare.com/v/YVsIwy4O/file.html
Limitations:
1: Only images uploaded in nairaland would be visible, embedded images would be represented with a small cyan box.
2: You can not login or post anything, the app is just to read posts. Nairaland dont have a public api.
3: The app might contain some error, still unstable, so that is why i need you guys to test.

Any error found in the app should please be reported to me (ocollins444@gmail.com, +2348102485670) or posted on this thread.
Please Download, test and tell me what you feel about the app.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by MrKamar(m): 10:52am On Aug 10, 2016
Who does avast anti virus reports your app as malicious? angry

Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by yunglary(m): 11:22am On Aug 10, 2016
the APK:CloudRep [Susp] is a warning-like message for applications that are very new/rare/previously unseen in our userbase.

There are various reasons as to why one of the apps is detected and the other is not, the most probable of which is, that the first one has already been installed on a few devices previously, other reasons may include that it has been installed from a trusted source - like Google Play or similar or that the app is signed with a trusted certificate.
It is hard to tell the exact reason for the warning showing only on the one app if we do not have the samples at hand or at least their sha256.

Also if you are a developer, there is an option to disable these reputation-based services in the 'App shield' for AMS4 and 'Settings -> Real-time protection' in the new AMS5.

Thanks for reporting the issue.
It was reported because it has not been in Google Play. I don't have developers account.
Your reply actually enlightened me coz i have never seen that before.
From the picture below from avast website. CloudRep[susp] means avast does not know the app.
Thanks for downloading. Feel free to try it out and share your experience.

1 Like

Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by yunglary(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2016
MrKamar:
Who does avast anti virus reports your app as malicious? angry
it does not mean that the app is corrupt.
Avast lacks explanation. They will just write Suspicious app meanwhile CloudRep[susp] means they don't have the app name in their database. So the app is not recognize. Thanks for reporting.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Craigston: 1:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
Have you received your ban notification? Nobody does this, ask dhtml18.
You just dey waste time. You can make an app for gdevit.com or Nairaland.com instead. Those communities will appreciate it more than Nairaland.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
^^^He is likely to get banned, and truly, if he does make an APP for Nairaland, I can even make it official sef. By the way, the new Nairaland will soon be out, hopefully in a few weeks time.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by yunglary(m): 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
I did not know all these ban stuffs before i started. i felt nairaland does not have a suitable app for members to easily read posts.
But since it is like that, i will just stop the project. @dhtml18, tell me more about that Nairaland, lemme do something for someone that will appreciate.

EDIT i just registered, the website looks cool.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
Nairaland is meant to be a social network for developers, however, the current version was not incomplete, i got distracted during the development and paused mid-way.
So, the new Nairaland has started, i just wireframed the basic idea here - www.Nairaland.net
The only thing that works for now is the authentication - http://www.Nairaland.net/user/login

Offline however, I am done with the backend and implementing many of the things you can see on the new UI. I estimate like a month for the new Nairaland to go live.

It is not exactly easy to single-handedly build stuffs like this, especially when you have client-jobs to do, I am a professional freelance developer.

Once Nairaland.net goes live, I shall be needing a mobile app, so your contributions will be welcome. And in case you are wondering, Nairaland.net is based on PHP. The current Nairaland.com is based on custom-codes while the upgrade i.e. Nairaland.net is based on CODIGNITER.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
Dhtml18 wow so you upgraded Africoder.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by yunglary(m): 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
dhtml18:
Nairaland is meant to be a social network for developers, however, the current version was not incomplete, i got distracted during the development and paused mid-way.
So, the new Nairaland has started, i just wireframed the basic idea here - www.Nairaland.net
The only thing that works for now is the authentication - http://www.Nairaland.net/user/login

Offline however, I am done with the backend and implementing many of the things you can see on the new UI. I estimate like a month for the new Nairaland to go live.

It is not exactly easy to single-handedly build stuffs like this, especially when you have client-jobs to do, I am a professional freelance developer.

Once Nairaland.net goes live, I shall be needing a mobile app, so your contributions will be welcome. And in case you are wondering, Nairaland.net is based on PHP. The current Nairaland.com is based on custom-codes while the upgrade i.e. Nairaland.net is based on CODIGNITER.

Boss, when you are done, please buzz me (ocollins444@gmail.com +2348102485670)
i would like to make an app for your website. Am ready anytime as far as it concerns programming
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by yunglary(m): 6:58pm On Aug 10, 2016
i have visited Nairaland.net and i think i can start an app from the idea on the main page, can i start?
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
yunglary:
i have visited Nairaland.net and i think i can start an app from the idea on the main page, can i start?
Err, that is just a wireframe mind you. i think you should hold on a bit till something more tangible comes out in a few weeks time, i appreciate the interest.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by yunglary(m): 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
dhtml18:

Err, that is just a wireframe mind you. i think you should hold on a bit till something more tangible comes out in a few weeks time, i appreciate the interest.
ok
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 11, 2016
yunglary:
Hello everyone,
I created an unofficial android app for nairaland.com
so i released un unstable version for fellow developers to
use and tell me the performance of the app before i release
it to the General public, so i made sure all exceptions are
shown so that you can know what d app is going through.
At the beginning, you will be asked to choose you
Internet Service provider(ISP) which contains "Airtel"
and Others, choosing airtel would alow you use d app for
free
while(simCardIsAirtel){
appUsage = "FREE";
}
and others would use ur existing subscription.
Tap the light bulb to load post.
Click any topic to read.
I did not add any loading animation for the topics so
you have to be patient. if any error occur, you will be notified
with the exceptions.
App Info:
App Name: Nairaland Forum.
Package Name: com.latix.nairalandforum;
Version: 1.0.
Version Name: "1.0-unstable"
Packages: 1.
Java Classes: 16.
Activities: 1.
Raw File Size: 8.9MB.
Download Size: 7.7MB.
Link: http://www96.zippyshare.com/v/YVsIwy4O/file.html
Limitations:
1: Only images uploaded in nairaland would be visible, embedded images would be represented with a small cyan box.
2: You can not login or post anything, the app is just to read posts. Nairaland dont have a public api.
3: The app might contain some error, still unstable, so that is why i need you guys to test.

Any error found in the app should please be reported to me (ocollins444@gmail.com, +2348102485670) or posted on this thread.
Please Download, test and tell me what you feel about the app.
Thanks in advance

I may need your service for a mobile app soon (money involved).

@Dhtml, please look into renaming: my toolbox, my tutorials, my groups to just Toolbox, Tutorials, Groups....and what framework are you using?, i think i'm getting interested in Nairaland.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by yunglary(m): 11:28am On Aug 11, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

@Dhtml, please look into renaming: my toolbox, my tutorials, my groups to just Toolbox, Tutorials, Groups....and what framework are you using?, i think i'm getting interested in Nairaland.

Anytime you need my service, feel free to contact me even without money. ocollins444@gmail.com,
+2348102485670
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by GoodBoi1(m): 2:51pm On Aug 11, 2016
dhtml18:
The current Nairaland.com is based on custom-codes while the upgrade i.e. Nairaland.net is based on CODIGNITER.
Is codeIgniter outdated? I plan to use the framework but the information I see online is discouraging e.g it teaches bad habits...
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
GoodBoi1:

Is codeIgniter outdated? I plan to use the framework but the information I see online is discouraging e.g it teaches bad habits...

WTF!, that's like the most popular coolest PHP framework you are talking about...the brain behind the powerful expression engine, fear no more brother and start using CodeIgniter, It's a pretty good MVC framework...you may also look into Laravel or CakePHP tho.

class Auth_controller extends CI_Controller {
public function __construct() {
parent::__construct();
}
public function signup {
$this->load->helper([ 'url' , 'form']) ;
$this->load->view(' signup ') ;
$this->load->library(' form_validation' );

if ($this->form_validation->run() == FALSE) {
$this->load->view(' failed_page ') ;
}
else {
$this->load->view(' success_page ') ;
}
}
}

What's bad with the way i wrote the above basic authentication code?... CodeIgniter rocks man

1 Like

Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by GoodBoi1(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

WTF!, that's like the most popular coolest PHP framework you are talking about...the brain behind the powerful expression engine, fear no more brother and start using CodeIgniter, It's a pretty good MVC framework...you may also look into Laravel or CakePHP tho.

What's bad with the way i wrote the above basic authentication code?... CodeIgniter rocks man
Alright...thanks
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Err, I am using codigniter

GoodBoi1:

I use codigniter because it fits my purpose. What i can say is that it is not for lazy developers.

1 Like

Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 4:24am On Aug 12, 2016
dhtml18:

Err, I am using codigniter

I use codigniter because it fits my purpose. What i can say is that it is not for lazy developers.

IKR, true.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 4:32am On Aug 12, 2016
When i first got into codigniter, I was expecting to find plugins and stuffs that will be 100% perfect and all that, but mehn, I was in for a shocker, I almost ran away.
When i studied the architecture properly, I discovered that it is very extensible and is quite easy to create your own extensions, and that is what I did. Since I have written so many OOP stuffs in several projects that I have done over the years, I just imported in my libraries and all that with ease. Using CI boosts my speed, and forces me to use up-to-date OOP standard.
Yeah, I know that CI does not by default use namespace and all that, but I used namespaces in some aspects of my app sha, and many unconventional techniques that will shock even the makers of CI, but then, CI gives me freedom to do pretty much anything that I like.

But for those that are looking for a REAL SHORTCUT and are not ready to start endless recursive coding, please don't come to CI, go for YII2 or Laravel.

2 Likes

Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 12, 2016
dhtml18:
When i first got into codigniter, I was expecting to find plugins and stuffs that will be 100% perfect and all that, but mehn, I was in for a shocker, I almost ran away.
When i studied the architecture properly, I discovered that it is very extensible and is quite easy to create your own extensions, and that is what I did. Since I have written so many OOP stuffs in several projects that I have done over the years, I just imported in my libraries and all that with ease. Using CI boosts my speed, and forces me to use up-to-date OOP standard.
Yeah, I know that CI does not by default use namespace and all that, but I used namespaces in some aspects of my app sha, and many unconventional techniques that will shock even the makers of CI, but then, CI gives me freedom to do pretty much anything that I like.

But for those that are looking for a REAL SHORTCUT and are not ready to start endless recursive coding, please don't come to CI, go for YII2 or Laravel.

Rightly said man, rightly said.

Talk about security in CI, all those fancy security mistakes people make in raw PHP can be reduced using CodeIgniter.

I have also created custom helpers and libraries for CodeIgniter that I use in most of my projects, except when I'm working strictly on Front-End development. I love CI.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by godofbrowser(m): 12:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
Laravel

namespace App\Http\Controllers;
use Illuminate\Support\Facades\Request;
use Illuminate\Support\Facades\Redirect;
use Illuminate\Support\Facades\Auth;
use App\Http\Requests;

class front extends Controller
{
public function authenticate() {
if (Auth::attempt(['email' => Request::get('email'), 'password' => Request::get('password')])) {
return redirect()->intended('succes_page');
} else {
return view('login', array('title' => 'Login to blah blah blah', 'description' => '', 'page' => 'login'));
}
}
}

1 Like

Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2016
godofbrowser:

Laravel

namespace App\Http\Controllers;
use Illuminate\Support\Facades\Request;
use Illuminate\Support\Facades\Redirect;
use Illuminate\Support\Facades\Auth;
use App\Http\Requests;

class front extends Controller
{
public function authenticate() {
if (Auth::attempt(['email' => Request::get('email'), 'password' => Request::get('password')])) {
return redirect()->intended('succes_page');
} else {
return view('login', array('title' => 'Login to blah blah blah', 'description' => '', 'page' => 'login'));
}
}
}

Good one, you've shown the advantage of laravel over codeigniter. But still different tools work for different people.

1 Like

Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Good one, you've shown the advantage of laravel over codeigniter. But still different tools work for different people.
Not true, I have a codigniter authentication library that works in exactly the same way, In fact i wrote a better one that can even authenticate users via ALL THE SOCIAL NETWORKS, with support of 2-way authentication. However, the issue i have is that in CI, you pretty much have to write most of your awesome libraries yourself.
I even have a new library i use in my project which allows you to issue database commands as if you are using mongo. You can do something like
$this->dbase->insert('users','array('first_name'=>'Anthony','last_name'=>'Troll'));
It will create a table called users if it does not exist, and will create the first and last name fields if they do not exist.

You can even still do something like this:
$this->dbase->insert('users','array('email'=>'troll@nairaland.com'));

blah blah blah, and of course the library supports all native CI dbase commands, but you do not need to create tables and schemas to use.

I first wrote this library as standalone before porting it to CI, I can port it to laravel or anywhere. But my own issue is this: laravel comes with a lot of widgets and functionalities that you will have to write by yourself or download somewhere if you are using CI.

This is why I recommend laravel to developers that are new to the system, and are not ready to soil their hands with too much coding. codigniter has a small foot-print compared to laravel, but if you can code well, you will bridge the gap very easily.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by godofbrowser(m): 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

True! Different road leads to a river.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
godofbrowser:

True! Different road leads to a river.
That is it now.

1 Like

Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Echatbook: 3:56am On Aug 15, 2016
if you need assistance with Nairaland, I am quite available
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 15, 2016
I appreciate the gesture bro, very soon, I shall be needing assistance.
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 15, 2016
Echatbook:
if you need assistance with Nairaland, I am quite available
Re: Am Finally Done With My Nairaland Android(unofficial) App. by Mckayce(m): 7:07am On Aug 17, 2016
cc: yunglary Yunglary I Need Your Help Seriously..Please Can I get Your Whatsapp or Facebook contact... Really Need Your Help ... Thanks IN Advance

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Things I Learnt From My Mobile App’s Journey To Its First 1000 Downloads / How To Make Money 49ja (bet9ja) Using Bet Bot / Please, I Need Sharepoint Vendors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.