Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

BVN Scam: See The Message I Got This Morning - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BVN Scam: See The Message I Got This Morning (1175 Views)

BVN Scam - Numbers. / New Format:bvn Scam & 5 Ways To Identify A Bvn Scam Sms / BVN Scam Is Still Very Much Around - See The Text I Got This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BVN Scam: See The Message I Got This Morning by McBrooklyn(m): 8:38am On Aug 11, 2016
Disclaimer: I'm posting this here so as to enlighten fellow Nairalanders here the extent to which all these BVN scammers has advanced and I guess I we can all learn one lesson or the other here

Below is the screenshot of the text message I got this morning and the reply I gave the idiot scammer

BEWARE OF THESE BVN SCAMMERS!!!

cc: lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, Fynestboi, Dominique

Re: BVN Scam: See The Message I Got This Morning by McBrooklyn(m): 8:39am On Aug 11, 2016
Also I could remember I created a thread of a conversation with a BVN scammer here some month ago which I'm going to repost it below

Disclaimer: Just saw this post on one of my WhatsApp group though I don't know if it's real or just made up. Just decided to share it here with fellow Nairalanders.

As the adage goes "Half a word is enough for the wise" . . . Please Read!!!

I received the text below from phone number 07037198374 which goes thus:

"Dear Customer, Due to the BVN validation in compliance with CBN bank directives, your ATM card has been Deactivated call our help line on 08135612171 now.

I promptly called the guy and below is the abridged version of our conversation.

Me: Hello sir, you just sent me a text message.

The Man: oh my God, you just received our message and you called! So you're affected by the BVN problem?

Me: you said my ATM is deactivated?

The man: which bank are you using?

Me: Which of my ATM is deactivated?

The Man: Which bank are you using?

Me: You deactivated my ATM so you know which one you deactivated.

The Man: OK, you are using First Bank?
Me: No sir, I don't use them.

The Man: Oh my God it is Access bank.

Me: Sorry Sir, I don't use Access.

The Man. What of GTB?

Me: No sir, I actually use Unity bank. You know it was formally Bank of the North.

The Man. Ohhhhh. Unity has been having problems. What's your account number?

Me: I don't know, can't remember off hand. I have about 5 bank accounts.

The Man: Take out your ATM let me check my system for you.

Me: Which bank are you working with?

The Man: CBN

Me: Sir, I don't have account with the CBN.

The Man: We are the head of all banks in Nigeria. We control banks from our office.

Me: What's your name sir?

The Man: Ahhhhh mmmmm John. Which ATM do you have with you now?

Me. The one your father gave me.

The man: My father?

Me: Yes, your lazy father that gave birth to a petty thief. Go and look for work.

The line went dead. But I was not done yet. So I called him back.

The Man: Hello.

Me: I am not done with you yet. don't hang your phone on me. I will surely castrate you. You can't speak good English and you're working with the CBN.

The man: Your father!!!!

The phone went off and was switched off too.

Kindly warn your friends not to disclose their banking details to anybody on the phone. It could save a life.

Pls. Share this urgently with your family & friends.

Beware Of BVN Scammer!!!

Original Link Post: www.nairaland.com/3099240/phone-conversation-bvn-scammer

I'm going to buttress it with an experience from a phone conversation of a friend with a BVN scammer here too

Re: BVN Scam: See The Message I Got This Morning by McBrooklyn(m): 8:48am On Aug 11, 2016
SAY NO TO BVN SCAMMERS!!!

BVN SCAMMERS ARE REAL!!!

(1) (Reply)

Missing Driver And Toyota Camry 2005 / Unclad Man Comes To Play Bet9ja 39 Million And He Won The Ticket / Man Cuts His Wife's Body Into Pieces In Lagos (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.