Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

What Is The Most Selfish Act You Have Ever Witnessed? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What Is The Most Selfish Act You Have Ever Witnessed? (424 Views)

Top 10 Upcoming Act You Need To Watch Out For This 2018 / Chai: Lagos Born Gospel Act, Oba Ara, Caught In The Act, You Wont Belief What He / BET Awards 2016: Falz Nominated As Best New International Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Most Selfish Act You Have Ever Witnessed? by BizLifeE: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2016
A toothache compelled me to visit a random rural dentist. I was an emergency appointment and his office graciously slipped me in between scheduled patients, but warned me to expect a significant wait.

I slunk into the stuffy waiting room, miserable.The room was hot, and too brightly lit by summer sun. Patients came and went while my jaw throbbed and I cast about desperately for a diversion.

I was staring down the barrel of two hour's wait. I did not want to be alone with my thoughts, since they were mostly about my tooth. So I turned to the only entertainment provided, a stack of worn "Where's Waldo?" books.

This was the first one, and I was relieved to find an outlet for my frustration and pain. The pages were tattered, the spine ripped, and I was obviously not the first person to try finding our professional perennial missing person.

Waldo was circled.

On every page, in every puzzle, someone had circled Waldo in pen.

The next book, too. All three books had been turned from "Where's Waldo?" into "Here's Waldo!"

Could the person before me maybe just tap Waldo with a fingertip? Smile at their personal achievement, maybe crow a little later to their friends? Circling it with pen had no point except to turn the book into a personal trophy and take it away from anyone who followed.

I've seen hugely selfish acts; life-ruining stuff, harrowing stories and the law or public opinion uses as a raw bludgeon to benefit one person and harm others. But this was breathtaking in its casualness. What was there to gain?

I spent the next couple of hours seeing if I could predict where a housefly would land next.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-selfish-act-you-have-ever-witnessed

Neteller here: www..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Naija Music These Two Things Would Make Any Musician Last Forever / Pics: Former Queen Munachi Abii Slays In Red As She Performs Her Bridesmaid Role / Doctors Remove 40 Knives From Man's Stomach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.