Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,392 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Are There Consequences For Not Finishing The Prescribed Drugs? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Are There Consequences For Not Finishing The Prescribed Drugs? (432 Views)

Children And Prescribed Drug Abuse / Senate Releases List Of 42 Banned Anti-malaria Drugs Still Sold In Nigeria / Someone Just Prescribed DICLOFENAC SODIUM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Consequences For Not Finishing The Prescribed Drugs? by bebene: 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello guys i would like nairalanders with the relevant knowledge to help me answer this question pls, I normally dont use to take my drugs to the last one whenever i fall sick, once i feel like fully recovered, i wil top taking the prescribed drug, is there side effect for that
Tnx
Re: Are There Consequences For Not Finishing The Prescribed Drugs? by newsphase(m): 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
Yes... Drugs contain chemicals which stimulates your body immune system to respond and fight diseases... Now lets say you got infected by a bacteria thats what made you sick...

Now after taking the drugs, the bacteria gets weakened or is unable to perform it harmful acts which is why you become healthy again.. Now there is a possibility that traces of the bacteria will still exist in your body even if you are fully recovered... So if you stop taking the drugs until the last one..

The bacteria might use that opportunity to re-collect and attack again (and it might be worse as the bacteria might get used to that drug and be able to produce substances to inhibit the effect of the drug..)

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

also check out Newsphases.com every morning for more health tips and news
Re: Are There Consequences For Not Finishing The Prescribed Drugs? by thorpido(m): 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2016
^^^the poster up there has spoken well.

If you don't complete your drug dosage,it can create a resistance such that the drug no longer becomes as effective as before and you need to take another type(which usually is more expensive) to get results.

1 Like

Re: Are There Consequences For Not Finishing The Prescribed Drugs? by bebene: 8:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
newsphase:
Yes... Drugs contain chemicals which stimulates your body immune system to respond and fight diseases... Now lets say you got infected by a bacteria thats what made you sick...

Now after taking the drugs, the bacteria gets weakened or is unable to perform it harmful acts which is why you become healthy again.. Now there is a possibility that traces of the bacteria will still exist in your body even if you are fully recovered... So if you stop taking the drugs until the last one..

The bacteria might use that opportunity to re-collect and attack again (and it might be worse as the bacteria might get used to that drug and be able to produce substances to inhibit the effect of the drug..)

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

also check out Newsphases.com every morning for more health tips and news

Thank you bro. I am sorry pls i have other questions.
I just recovered from an illness and i did the same thing , abondoned the drug without finishing them. I think its now like 3 days i have nt taken the drugs. Can i continue with them or there is no need since i created a gap.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Your Teeth With Banana Peels To Make It Clean And Sparkling / How To Memorise / Cram Notes As A Nigerian Student / No questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.