Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,877 members, 7,956,309 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

5 Young Nigerian Male Singers You MUST Look Out For! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 5 Young Nigerian Male Singers You MUST Look Out For! (491 Views)

CLASSICALS SECTION: Meet New Classical Singers On Nairaland/internet !!! / More Backup Singers/vocalist Wanted For Long Term Contract! / Are There No Hausa Rappers Or Singers In The Industry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Young Nigerian Male Singers You MUST Look Out For! by CertifiedNaija(m): 1:03am On Aug 12, 2016
One of the beautiful things about the music industry is the stifling competition. The artistes themselves might not exactly agree with my position, but the committed and passionate ones among them don’t see competition as threatening. Instead they welcome it – seeing it simply as a challenge to up the ante and outdo their contemporaries artistically.

As an on-air personality, I get all manner and genres of music sent to me via various social media platforms. While some are downright appalling and constitute a total waste of my time and data, some of the music I discover actually give me reason to smile and believe that the best is still yet to be seen as regards Nigerian music.

Out of my insatiable thirst for music – especially Nigerian music – I had a
eureka moment recently which led me to putting together this list of very talented and promising Nigerian male vocalists who if properly managed and pushed will definitely give Banky W, Timi Dakolo, Darey Art Alade and other Nigerian male singers a good run for their money.
In no particular order, here they are.

T’JAN – ADUKE
The first time I heard T’jan sing was on a radio station. I was in a moving vehicle when I heard one of his first singles, Ire. T’jan has one of those voices that just make you stop whatever you’re doing to just listen to his sonorous voice.
As is the norm with many young Nigerian acts, he tried doing a party track which didn’t exactly give him the response he would have wanted. His latest single, Aduke , is one song that reminded me that T’jan is still a budding force to be reckoned with. From his delivery, to his lyricism, to the sheer beauty in his vocals. To top it all off, he had the musical genius, Cobhams Asuquo, collaborate with him on the R’n’B jam… pure bliss!.
I hope the folks at Right Entertainment/Achievas Music give him the push his music so direly needs because T’jan is certainly a musical dynamite.

MUNO – NEVER REGRET
I think the whole P-Square break-up/family drama was not just uncalled for, but very childish to say the least. The things our ego puts us up to sha … anyway, in all of this madness, I am grateful that this guy was given the platform to not just be heard, but to also grow.
I am talking of none other than Muno, who is signed to Rudeboy Records, owned by one half of the dancing twins, P-Square, Paul Okoye.
I had the pleasure of interviewing Muno some years back while he was still with some crew that had over five or six guys. Shy and reserved, his talent was something that always gave him away. Seeing him signed to a label of Rudeboy Records’ calibre, seeing his videos on the popular music channels, watching him do radio tours, and hearing his music get the airplay it so deserves fills me with so much joy. Dear Paul Okoye, if this boy no do well, na you I go hold o… lol

JEFF – NEVER LET YOU GO
I’m not exactly a fan of music reality shows and all the talent shows which just use desperate talented young people to make their brands look good in the public eye. To make matters worse, they don’t fulfill their promises to the winners of the competitions and drop them like hot material as soon as the competition is over.
Well thankfully, Jeff is one of the discoveries of a music reality show – matter of fact, he actually won the musical competition he entered.

http://www.certifiednaija.com/2016/08/5-young-nigerian-male-singers-you-must.html

(1) (Reply)

AYAYA MUSIC: Doxa Felix @doxaflex - Ibu Chukwu (prod By Christhrone) / Introducing Alstars Entertainment Empire / [music] Korede Bello – Do Like That

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.