Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,525 members, 7,770,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:29 AM

Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States (5193 Views)

What Corpers Serving In Fuk, Gombe Are Passing Through (Pic) / This Is Purely For Corpers *check In* / Corper From Benue Serving In Kano Dies (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Nigercorper(m): 9:58am On Aug 12, 2016
Are you serving in States likes Niger, Benue, Nassarawa just to mention but a few?, are you willing to sacrifice a month or two months allawee into sometin that will change your life better?, then if so this is so, this write-up is for you. One thing that you observe with the aforementioned states is that they greatly involved in farming. One of the major crops that is grown in those states is Yam. This is how it works, do you know a tuber of yam in those rural farms can be sold as low as #50 per tuber? u surprised? don't be, its real. Imagine you buying like 500 tubers or more, that is (500*50)=#25,000 . U still wondering wia am heading to?, keep calm. Do u know same tuber of yam can be sold at #350 or more depending on the size in major cities like Abuja, Lagos and porthcourt?, u wondering about transportation ?, dont worry that is not a problem!, lorries are readily available to transport your tubers at a flat rate of #15-20 per tuber depending on your destination. Now let's do the mathematics . you bought 500 tubers(500*50) =#25000 plus cost of transport , let says #20 per tuber (from niger to lagos) thats is (500*20)= #10,000. That's #25,000+10,000)=#35,000 which is ur total input. Now imagine selling your 500 tubers at a flat rate of #350 per tuber in a city like Lagos(usually higher in abuja) that's (500*350)=#175,000 ,now subtract your total input cost (175,000- 35,000)=140,000. u saw #140,000 ? yes ! that exactly your profit just on a trip,( remember the more you invest , the greater your profit.) u may not believe it buh I was a doubting Thomas too until I started it. See friends, there are no more white collar jobs anyway again, agriculture is the way forward because there is ever growing needs for food, the market can never be saturated! have u come to think about it we give birth everyday buh we don't create jobs everyday! As a serving Corper is time to think, don't wait till after serve year. I am a serving corp member in Niger state, and now I don't feel like going back home after service as I am enjoying the tide, remember you use money to make money, don't save that peanut called ALLAWEE , invest!!!! and now is the time, just like I do tell my friends a day will come when you wont see alert again from NYSC, Allawee will end some day! (Note: a lorry can conveniently sit 20,000 tubers of yam)

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by kaywiluv(f): 10:05am On Aug 12, 2016
Hmmm.. Nice 1 but in kebbi yam is very expensive
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Nigercorper(m): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2016
That is why I said some northern states

1 Like

Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Jaypower2(m): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thank u bro for the info. i am currently serving in taraba state batch b, will visit benue for the yam business be4 leaving for phc.
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Nigercorper(m): 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
Just go ahead and start, and you will be glad you did.
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Steve97: 6:07am On Aug 14, 2016
Nigercorper:
Just go ahead and start, and you will be glad you did.
tanx bro fr d info..pls can u analysis how to get to Benue,d villages/market to get yams over there, wat type of yam to buy and other things to know bfr setting fr d journey
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by worthee(f): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hello ogunyemi...
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Nigercorper(m): 5:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
Am new to the north too, am here to serve, if its Niger state I can say much. But getting to Benue shouldn't be a problem, ask around , but if its Niger, am here for you.
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by JESUSBOY2009(m): 7:57am On Aug 18, 2016
pls can you send me your contact 07032406449 ,I am into such business but transportation and market has been a major challenge
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by steveneche(m): 11:55am On Aug 21, 2016
Steve97:
tanx bro fr d info..pls can u analysis how to get to Benue,d villages/market to get yams over there, wat type of yam to buy and other things to know bfr setting fr d journey

He's right, am from benue and agricultural produce is my next line of business but i won't be dealing with yam sha as it is perishable and risky to preserve if you don't have instant buyers.
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Steve97: 1:39am On Aug 23, 2016
steveneche:

He's right, am from benue and agricultural produce is my next line of business but i won't be dealing with yam sha as it is perishable and risky to preserve if you don't have instant buyers.
what else of agricultural produce can we involve doin over there?
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by jossy874(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2016
Good info bro, i am into ginger farming in kaduna state and i know how profitable it is. i also export original honey from same kaduna to any part of the country at a cheaper rate. chat me up today for more info 08038811027
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by JAWBONE(m): 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
kaywiluv:
Hmmm.. Nice 1 but in kebbi yam is very expensive
KebbiKopa I sight you...I'm reporting from ARG
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by amodu(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2016
steveneche:

That's a vital point to note and an impediment to this lucrative business.
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by steveneche(m): 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
Steve97:
what else of agricultural produce can we involve doin over there?

Beans is ok to deal with
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by hyuga(m): 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
Would like to tlak more with u. Also serving in Niger, Minna
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Nigercorper(m): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
Message me bro
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by kaywiluv(f): 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2016
JAWBONE:

KebbiKopa I sight you...I'm reporting from ARG

U r sighted.... I'm reporting from Fana, Bunza. How is ARG?
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by JAWBONE(m): 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2016
kaywiluv:

U r sighted.... I'm reporting from Fana, Bunza. How is ARG?
just there..I hope u are enjoying Bunza
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by kaywiluv(f): 10:48am On Sep 17, 2016
JAWBONE:

just there..I hope u are enjoying Bunza
We thank God, just enjoying light and mosquito bite
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Todil(m): 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2016
Following
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by milvet(f): 7:40am On Sep 20, 2016
Currently serving in Benue. Am interested.
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Nigercorper(m): 7:53am On Sep 20, 2016
message me
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 21, 2016
Nigercorper:
Are you serving in States likes Niger, Benue, Nassarawa just to mention but a few?, are you willing to sacrifice a month or two months allawee into sometin that will change your life better?, then if so this is so, this write-up is for you. One thing that you observe with the aforementioned states is that they greatly involved in farming. One of the major crops that is grown in those states is Yam. This is how it works, do you know a tuber of yam in those rural farms can be sold as low as #50 per tuber? u surprised? don't be, its real. Imagine you buying like 500 tubers or more, that is (500*50)=#25,000 . U still wondering wia am heading to?, keep calm. Do u know same tuber of yam can be sold at #350 or more depending on the size in major cities like Abuja, Lagos and porthcourt?, u wondering about transportation ?, dont worry that is not a problem!, lorries are readily available to transport your tubers at a flat rate of #15-20 per tuber depending on your destination. Now let's do the mathematics . you bought 500 tubers(500*50) =#25000 plus cost of transport , let says #20 per tuber (from niger to lagos) thats is (500*20)= #10,000. That's #25,000+10,000)=#35,000 which is ur total input. Now imagine selling your 500 tubers at a flat rate of #350 per tuber in a city like Lagos(usually higher in abuja) that's (500*350)=#175,000 ,now subtract your total input cost (175,000- 35,000)=140,000. u saw #140,000 ? yes ! that exactly your profit just on a trip,( remember the more you invest , the greater your profit.) u may not believe it buh I was a doubting Thomas too until I started it. See friends, there are no more white collar jobs anyway again, agriculture is the way forward because there is ever growing needs for food, the market can never be saturated! have u come to think about it we give birth everyday buh we don't create jobs everyday! As a serving Corper is time to think, don't wait till after serve year. I am a serving corp member in Niger state, and now I don't feel like going back home after service as I am enjoying the tide, remember you use money to make money, don't save that peanut called ALLAWEE , invest!!!! and now is the time, just like I do tell my friends a day will come when you wont see alert again from NYSC, Allawee will end some day! (Note: a lorry can conveniently sit 20,000 tubers of yam)
please how much is Niger paying currently to corpers and how cheap is accommodation and feeding?
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 21, 2016
please how much is Niger paying currently to corpers and how cheap is accommodation and feeding?
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by hyuga(m): 10:33am On Oct 22, 2016
Funkeadeoye:

They aren't paying anything mam. Accompfation depends on where u are posted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by STENON(f): 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Jaypower2:
Thank u bro for the info. i am currently serving in taraba state batch b, will visit benue for the yam business be4 leaving for phc.
pls how is NYSC life at Taraba?
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Jaypower2(m): 3:51am On Oct 24, 2016
STENON:
pls how is NYSC life at Taraba?
The state is okay, cost of living is low and food stuffs are cheap also. Taraba is very big in terms of land mass so be ready for adventure while traveling. Most lga are far frm jalingo. The state is an Agro base one that has lots of natural resources like mountains, hills, rocks every where. Has good honey, cocoa, kossowood etc. There are a lot of buz opportunities to explore there. Lastly, the weather is different frm other places in Nig. Gets extreamly cold during dry season and hot around march april.
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by STENON(f): 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Jaypower2:
The state is okay, cost of living is low and food stuffs are cheap also. Taraba is very big in terms of land mass so be ready for adventure while traveling. Most lga are far frm jalingo. The state is an Agro base one that has lots of natural resources like mountains, hills, rocks every where. Has good honey, cocoa, kossowood etc. There are a lot of buz opportunities to explore there. Lastly, the weather is different frm other places in Nig. Gets extreamly cold during dry season and hot around march april.
wow... I am happy for your response. Thanks so much.
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by Jaypower2(m): 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
STENON:
wow... I am happy for your response. Thanks so much.
u are welcome
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by daviddagreat: 11:08am On Oct 25, 2016
Jaypower2:

bro pls hw good is taraba for service
Re: Mainly For Corpers Serving In Some Northern States by daviddagreat: 11:08am On Oct 25, 2016
Jaypower2:

bro pls hw good is taraba for service?

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Engineering Corp Members / After NYSC What NEXT? / Youth Corps Member Donates Borehole, Toilet To Community In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.