Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,735 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) (34085 Views)

Turkish Police Arrest Nigerian With 5 Kilos Of Cocaine At Ataturk Airport(pics) / NDLEA Nabs Two Grandmothers For Drug Trafficking At Lagos Airport (Pics) / Passenger From Brazil Arrested With Cocaine In Jacket At Lagos Airport (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
Officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) said their agents arrested three suspects who attempted to courier cocaine through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos. According to the NDLEA, one of the suspects had concealed cocaine inside the sole of his shoes while the other two reportedly tested positive for ingesting illicit drugs and subsequently excreted narcotics.

NDLEA spokesman, Mitchell Ofoyeju, informed reporters that the first suspect, Paul Ifechukwu Mbatugosi, 32 years old, was caught with 1.95 kilograms of cocaine hidden inside shoe soles. Mr. Ofoyeju disclosed that the consignment of shoes where the cocaine was concealed most likely originated from Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The NDLEA’s statement revealed that, before venturing into drug smuggling, Mr. Mbatugosi used to sell shoes in Enugu.
He added that another suspect, Ugochukwu Godson Adugba, 34, ingested 1.50 kilograms of cocaine on his way to Sydney, Australia. The third, Friday Dominic Onuoha, 42, ingested 850 grams of cocaine from Brazil.

The NDLEA spokesman revealed that agents were still investigating all the suspects prior to charging them to court.
Speaking on the arrests, the NDLEA’s commander at the Lagos Airport, Ahmadu Garuba, confirmed that one of the suspects concealed the drugs inside shoe soles while the two ingested wraps of cocaine.

The NDLEA said Mr. Mbatugosi told interrogators that a friend he met in Brazil had introduced him to drug trafficking. According to the agency, the suspect stated,

“After my graduation from Technical College in my home town, Ihiala, Anambra State in 2002, I went to Enugu where I was selling shoes. In 2015, I travelled to Brazil in search of better opportunities. However, while in Brazil, I worked as a barber to earn a living. After a year and three months in Brazil, I was disappointed because I had no savings. So I decided that I will get some money and be exporting shoes to Nigeria. It was in the process of looking for start-up capital that a friend introduced me into drug trafficking. My friend bought the shoes and prepared the drugs inside 13 pairs. This is my first time and I was caught.”

The second suspect, Mr. Adugba, claimed that he wanted to visit his wife in Sydney, Australia when he was caught with the drug. He too stated that a friend had introduced him to drug trafficking, adding that he initially turned down the proposal, but could not resist the offer of $15,000. The suspect hails from Abia State.

The third suspect, Mr. Onuoha, equally blamed his involvement on friends. The NDLEA said he confessed to traveling to Brazil in search of job opportunities, but meeting with frustration. “I was not satisfied working as an event planner in Brazil because the salary was just for subsistence living. After paying my bills, there was little or nothing left. That was how I was introduced into drug trafficking. My friend said that the only way to make quick money [was] through drug trafficking. He promised to pay me $15,000 and I agreed to swallow the drugs,” stated Onuoha who is from Abia State.

The NDLEA’s chief executive, Colonel Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah (ret.), said every arrest and seizure of drugs represented a victory over drug syndicates. He promised that the anti-narcotics agency would continue to sustain its vigilance at all entry and exit points.

“This will be complimented with public awareness programs on illegal drug production, trafficking and use aimed at reducing demand for drugs,” Abdallah stated.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/12/nigerias-drug-law-enforcement-agency-arrests-three-suspected-cocaine-smugglers-lagos

3 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Esdb3: 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
Let them transport this substances abeg. Since culprits have been getting jail time, the number of smugglers have not reduced neither has those. Of cocaine users. people want cocaine let them have it. The planet is for everybody!

35 Likes

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by MDsambo: 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
I've nothing to say ryt now...
NCAN over to you

140 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by YANDE800(m): 7:42pm On Aug 12, 2016
Smh.... Money must be made either by crook or anyhow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
This people no dey hia word. May be until Nigeria implement death penalty.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by soberdrunk(m): 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
THEY NEVER DISAPPOINT!!! grin grin grin grin APBL FOR LIFE!! My potbelly rambos TGIF!! NAME CHECKERS SEE WEEKEND BONANZA OOO!!

117 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by DannyJ19(m): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
Issokay......

1 Like

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Flexherbal(m): 7:53pm On Aug 12, 2016
Everybody wants to earn in dollars.

4 Likes

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Mockinbird: 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2016
Awon olori pelebe noni. They'l never learn. Bubu should push for death sentence for drug pushers.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by tyson99(m): 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
Anytime I see the news of cocaine am always happy dat am going to see my hard working brothers again grin

But wait how many people wan remain for dat region now sef cos all of dem don go jail finish even the ones wey buhari free today go still go back

The last guy's head has said it allgrin

NCAN

SAGAMU

145 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by nasiest(m): 8:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
Na Ipob crew

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Abduljohn(m): 8:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
Until these people change their oppression stance people from that region will always go after quick money. How many hausa cares if you change cars daily or who among the yoruba have time to check how rich my neighbour is when i can work? Go to see them during festive period.

I pity those IPOB calling for disintegration because what ll befall them ll be more than that of South Sudan.

Association of Name checker Ile-Ife branch

139 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Musharraf: 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2016
As expected......

NCAN KADUNA BRANCH

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by kasheemawo(m): 9:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
#isupportdeathsentencefordrugstrafficking

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I am a Yoruba guy with an igbo girlfriend so I can authoritatively say that all this stereotyping about igbos being this and that is very wrong. There are always bad eggs in all ethnic groups

20 Likes

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by kossyablaze(m): 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Shameless beings...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by kossyablaze(m): 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2016
Mockinbird:
Awon olori pelebe noni.
They'l never learn.
Bubu should push for death sentence for drug pushers.
kasheemawo:
#isupportdeathsentencefordrugstrafficking
I concur with the death sentence buh Ritualists should be added too

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by project8(m): 9:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
thank God this tym its a local arrest cos we are tired of bein disgraced on international medias.

18 Likes

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Rucheen(m): 12:05am On Aug 13, 2016
Ara agbakwana NDLEA

7 Likes

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by diportivo: 12:31am On Aug 13, 2016
Make I cook my indomie for here

grin

6 Likes

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by emmatee57(m): 12:45am On Aug 13, 2016
i still dey laugh. dis time i no too much rush enter thread coz i know my igos shall never disapoint my attention!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by bamirotola: 1:01am On Aug 13, 2016
National secretary NCAN on standby to write naMes..... lemme observe closely

Na dem again.... isokay...dey will neva disappoint

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by yomz1e(m): 2:00am On Aug 13, 2016
NCAN Essex branch Reporting for duty @2:00am

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Osmondinho(m): 4:09am On Aug 13, 2016
Lemme take a seat and kip calm...
Soon we will be in the promise land!!!

Oya driver let's go to avoid traffic

NCAN Malta branch

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by blessedvisky(m): 4:54am On Aug 13, 2016
Lol. When I opened this thread, I just read it like any other normal news. I saw how NDLEA arrested 3 criminals who are citizens of Nigeria, I did not check any names or expect the criminals to be from a certain part of Nigeria.

Na lie oo. I check am
Click LIKE if you are like me grin grin

185 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef?

Day don break oh

3 Likes

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by missyadorable(f): 9:18am On Aug 13, 2016
Paul IFECHUKWU MBATUGOSI
UGOCHUKWU Godson ADUGBA
Friday Dominic ONUOHA

It's them again! As usual!!
The flat headed hardworking illustrious Jews from land of red mud and rising sun

Click LIKE if you are also not surprised

150 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by WilliamsChelster(m): 9:28am On Aug 13, 2016
If it were countries like Indonesia, der for dey prepare for firing squad by now....SAY NO TO DRUG TRAFFICKING. There are better ways of making money in Nigeria

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by eistien(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
NCAN reporting live from the ancient city of Benin

Confirmed, they never disappoint

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by seangy4konji: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
Get rich or die trying. I don't envy them when I see them rolling by.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Cocaine Smugglers Arrested At Lagos Airport (Pics) by idris4r83(m): 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
Igbo people and cocaine smuggling are like

66 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tragedy As Man Is Brutally Shot Dead By Gunmen. Graphic Photo / Bride Kidnapped On Her Wedding Eve In Ondo State By 3 Men (photo) / Alhaji Hamisu Bala Wadume: Police Calls Out Nigerian Army On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.