Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,958 members, 7,852,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:19 PM

Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation (1458 Views)

Agrochemicals For Sale At Affordable Prices / Need Of Vegetable Cultivation Training / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by hybridveggies(m): 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
SPRAYING/FERTILIZER PROTOCOL FOR TOMATO AND OTHER VEGGIES IN WET SEASON
Are you a commercial farmer, a gardener or even a newbies interested in vegetable cultivation business? Then you must have your chemical/fertilizer application hand book at the onset of the season. If you don’t, then you aren’t really prepared for business. Waiting for challenges before acting might not be funny as vegetables are highly susceptible to diseases and pest.
Due to the nature of my work, I have seen and interacted with both local and educated farmers and I see many aren’t prepared and are often blind to what and what to use at commencement of cultivation, they only think of this when there is/are challenge(s). Therefore, through my years of valuable experiences in vegetable cultivation, I have developed this simple protocol for wet season vegetable production. Please, do note that in using this for dry season cultivation, there would be little adjustment.
Pesticide Application:
The first thing that would come to a newbies’ mind when he/she heard the word pest is insect. Well, if you think so, you aren’t far from the answer. A pest ranges from insect, to other destructive arthropods (Insect family) like spider mite, aphids, caterpillars etc, birds, rodents, wild animals and even weeds. Yes, I mean weeds.

Weeds control: Before you transplant your veggies from your nursery and even for those that require direct planting, you must prepare your field by getting rid of the weeds. In this case, you would need to spray an herbicide if you aren’t going to do manual weeding. So, you could decide to spray contact herbicide (e.g active ingredient- Paraquat), or systemic herbicide (e.g active ingredient –Glyphosate). Both are post emergence herbicide. You could as well decide to use pre-emergence herbicide but that must be after the beds have been made. In order word, let it be the last thing you would do before transplanting/direct planting proper. Remember that it is important you pay attention to the instruction written on the label of the herbicide particularly the... Visit http://www.hybridveggies.com/2016/08/agrochemical-applicationfertilizer.html to read the rest of this article and other interesting ones. Courtesy Hybrid Vegetable Farms.

Re: Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by Healthilyea: 8:55am On Aug 13, 2016
hybridveggies:
SPRAYING/FERTILIZER PROTOCOL FOR TOMATO AND OTHER VEGGIES IN WET SEASON
Are you a commercial farmer, a gardener or even a newbies interested in vegetable cultivation business? Then you must have your chemical/fertilizer application hand book at the onset of the season. If you don’t, then you aren’t really prepared for business. Waiting for challenges before acting might not be funny as vegetables are highly susceptible to diseases and pest.
Due to the nature of my work, I have seen and interacted with both local and educated farmers and I see many aren’t prepared and are often blind to what and what to use at commencement of cultivation, they only think of this when there is/are challenge(s). Therefore, through my years of valuable experiences in vegetable cultivation, I have developed this simple protocol for wet season vegetable production. Please, do note that in using this for dry season cultivation, there would be little adjustment.
Pesticide Application:
The first thing that would come to a newbies’ mind when he/she heard the word pest is insect. Well, if you think so, you aren’t far from the answer. A pest ranges from insect, to other destructive arthropods (Insect family) like spider mite, aphids, caterpillars etc, birds, rodents, wild animals and even weeds. Yes, I mean weeds.
Weeds control: Before you transplant your veggies from your nursery and even for those that require direct planting, you must prepare your field by getting rid of the weeds. In this case, you would need to spray an herbicide if you aren’t going to do manual weeding. So, you could decide to spray contact herbicide (e.g active ingredient- Paraquat), or systemic herbicide (e.g active ingredient –Glyphosate). Both are post emergence herbicide. You could as well decide to use pre-emergence herbicide but that must be after the beds have been made. In order word, let it be the last thing you would do before transplanting/direct planting proper. Remember that it is important you pay attention to the instruction written on the label of the herbicide particularly the... Visit http://www.hybridveggies.com/2016/08/agrochemical-applicationfertilizer.html to read the rest of this article and other interesting ones. Courtesy Hybrid Vegetable Farms.

Re: Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by hybridveggies(m): 6:08am On Aug 15, 2016
@ Healthilyea; In my simple thought, I guess many of us still need to go for Social media users' code of conduct/Etiquette training. In as much as I'm also a strong proponent of organic farming, realistically, the world is centuries far from using such to feed the teeming human population surging upward every seconds. Practically, Mr. Healthilyea, do you think Nigeria can feed itself through organic farming that you are pretending to be supporting? What I suppose you are is one educated agriculturist but without practical field knowledge requires to give you true picture of farming in Nigeria. Glyphosate in itself may not be health friendly but it is the wrong use that even makes it more damaging to human health. Then we can now question the availability of Extension Officers ought to be sponsored by our government to stem this tide. Lastly, is there any modern innovation (man-made) that is not putting human health at risk? Words would fail me if I begin to mention negative effect on health and the wrong use of what we refer to as modernity: Laptop, TV, Phones, Microwaves, Petroleum, gel, skin creams, plastic bottle, toys etc Mr Healthilyea, We don't sell nor market Glyphosate in our organization, we are only helping out with info on how to increase food security albeit responsibly. Always try to be more polite in giving contrary views which isn't wrong in itself but the manner. [quote author=Healthilyea post=48440276][/quote]
Re: Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by Healthilyea: 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
A lie we have often told ourselves and as we have been led to believe , is that, without the use of pesticides, there would be world hunger! Lol!
Hunger is not caused by a lack of food but by “a lack of purchasing power and/or the inability of the poor to be self-sufficient.
We have been seduced/brainwashed by talk of “easy,” high tech solutions and despite the proven successes of alternative means of sustainable agriculture , the drive to increase production via the use of dangerous chemicals charges on!
Corporate giants make billions from degrading our health and the planet, intent of solving simple problems in the most complex and costly way possible.
If there had never been the use of dangerous chemicals in the first instance, our soil would not have been degraded needing more and more chemicals(reinventing something already working) to produce something simple as food. There would be no "super weeds" as now been called,requiring the unending use of pesticides and the rest.
In earlier times farmers grew lots of different crops, rotating what is planted each year, thereby improving the soil quality thereby generally increasing yields. Monocropping has been implicated in declines in crop yield and loss of nutrients from the soil, and beneficial organisms. Industrial growing of one type of crop in a large area of land causes crop vulnerability to insects, weeds, fungi, and other pests, as the pest spreads, it continues unabated. "This vulnerability to pests often requires intensive use of pesticides right?
If only we had left everything intact, the way nature intended, it wouldn't be a battle to eat right, healthily, naturally . The use of these dangerous chemicals is the reason why it is so tough now to farm sustainably.
Perhaps most importantly, holistic solutions like home gardens, diet diversification and better food storage (which means less waste of valuable commodities )(we shouldn't even begin to debate the amount of food wastage in the world most especially in these parts ) are critical elements in creating a better future in a climate changing world....
Re: Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by Healthilyea: 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
Then....
I would say, It's not within your rights to say I am "pretending to support organic farming ", what is there to pretend about? Hahaha!
Mind you, I am a Mrs not Mr,
I have suffered health challenges that was treated with "whole foods".
Let me give u a brief summary -
I suffered from severe gastric ulcer,(severe being practically taking a sitting position while sleeping) and doctors prescribed all they knew, antacids, antibiotics etc. But I was cured with simple fermented plantain (from my farm)
Secondly, I had a tough time getting pregnant, because my hormones were imbalanced, I spent hundreds of thousands for treatment which wasn't guaranteed, I only learnt here on the Nairaland TTC thread about the uses of ewedu leaves for fertility, I started taking ewedu on empty stomach daily, I initially bought from the market but later decided to plant some myself, I tell you, in less than 3 months of dumping conventional drugs, I got pregnant on ewedu and crayfish(maybe it was a miracle).
For over a year I have made my own pap (akamu) for my household from the maize planted last year with lots of pig manure, I still have extra dry maize and am already storing from this year's harvest(if I had planted more, I could have sold some)
Even though I don't live solely on organically grown food, I try in anyway I can to eat more local foods and lots of veggies for detoxification. I don't buy pumpkin leaves, neither do i buy bitter leaves, water leaves, basil, pattminger, spinach, pepper, cocoyam ,coconut nor banga. I don't use chemicals on my hair or skin(I try to eliminate what I can, one step at a time, even if I can't escape to a world of my own without modern day inventions, at least I try .
Man can do without modernity ,but can he do without food? Don't you think, what is most important is what we ingest? If these so called "chemicals were otherwise safe" why protect yourself when you apply them to food intended for consumption? How ironic!

1 Like

Re: Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by oluwabamis(m): 8:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
God bless you @healthilyea. This is the most educative and beneficial post i read this week. I guess the owner of this thread should learn from you. Truelly im also a strong proponent of healing and health living through natural means because thats the way God intended it to be. It's man's inhumanity to man that introduced chemical living to our lives for their selfish reasons. My advice to well meaning nigerians is to keep on researching natural means of staying healthy and sharing practical experiences.
Re: Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by Healthilyea: 10:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
@ Oluwabamis Man's inhumane treatment towards another, rightly put .
The whole thing is just like creating square pegs (unnatural foods) to fit in a round hole (Nature/humanity). Have we learned nothing?? Forcing unnatural foods into a natural body can only have one result, and it isnt good!
It’s not about feeding the hungry for agrichemical corporations. It’s about owning the food supply, and selling more toxic chemicals. So where is this going? Sick people...Sick planet...Billionaire companies .
I am not against you @ hybridveggies, i respect the fact that you grow food commercially, I respect all farmers, conventional and organic, the goals are the same, but the methods are what differs and matters the most.
Re: Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by hybridveggies(m): 10:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
It is a pity that an average reader here in this part of the world nowadays always fail to read between the line before jumping to conclusion. This expression alone in this article shouldn't have called for all this necessarily distraction: "We don't sell nor market Glyphosate in our organization, we are only helping out with info on how to increase food security albeit responsibly". If you have an interest burning you at heart, I guess you just go straight to create a tread.
oluwabamis:
God bless you @healthilyea. This is the most educative and beneficial post i read this week. I guess the owner of this thread should learn from you. Truelly im also a strong proponent of healing and health living through natural means because thats the way God intended it to be. It's man's inhumanity to man that introduced chemical living to our lives for their selfish reasons. My advice to well meaning nigerians is to keep on researching natural means of staying healthy and sharing practical experiences.
Re: Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by Healthilyea: 7:57am On Aug 17, 2016
hybridveggies:
It is a pity that an average reader here in this part of the world nowadays always fail to read between the line before jumping to conclusion. This expression alone in this article shouldn't have called for all this necessarily distraction: "We don't sell nor market Glyphosate in our organization, we are only helping out with info on how to increase food security albeit responsibly". If you have an interest burning you at heart, I guess you just go straight to create a tread.
You don't have to be insultive to buttress you point.
I'm sure you have heard of the expression "practice what you preach " if you are not an advocate for glyphosphate, why preach it? Seems a bit contradictory to me.
Pesticides and other harmful chemicals used in the production of food today is not the answer to food security,and would never be.
NB, Seun didn't create Nairaland, with the intent of being the sole contributor. Nairaland is a public forum and no single person has the right to any "Thread".
Peace!!!
Re: Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by Silvereze(m): 3:11pm On Apr 25, 2017
Healthilyea:

You don't have to be insultive to buttress you point.
I'm sure you have heard of the expression "practice what you preach " if you are not an advocate for glyphosphate, why preach it? Seems a bit contradictory to me.
Pesticides and other harmful chemicals used in the production of food today is not the answer to food security,and would never be.
NB, Seun didn't create Nairaland, with the intent of being the sole contributor. Nairaland is a public forum and no single person has the right to any "Thread".
Peace!!!

I think the problem with agrochemicals co!es with their abuse. Sensible eco friendly application is the key to use of pesticides and herbicides.... If we talk about large large scale agriculture, we need these agrochemicals.
Re: Free! Fertilizer And Agrochemicals Application Calender 4 Vegetable Cultivation by hybridveggies(m): 5:07am On May 02, 2017
This is helpful and what we stand for. Embrace GAPs!
Silvereze:

I think the problem with agrochemicals co!es with their abuse. Sensible eco friendly application is the key to use of pesticides and herbicides.... If we talk about large large scale agriculture, we need these agrochemicals.

(1) (Reply)

4,500 Acres Of Farmland Available For Sale In Ido - Eruwa Road Oyo State / Kwara State Ministry Of Agriculture Address / I Intend Going Into Poultry, Need Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.