Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? (617 Views)

10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid / Grammar: Which Vs That / Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
I AM the one that brought her in Or I WAS the that brought her in. I know it is the latter since it occurred in the past but I hear some people using the former also with the same grammatical construction
Re: Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2016
I am the one the brought her in. is the correct one.
Re: Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
I am the one the brought her in. is the correct one.
Re: Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? by STARGREEN(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2016
I AM the one that brought her in
Re: Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? by phemsie(m): 11:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
I brought her in.

Simple
Re: Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? by babyfaceafrica: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2016
phemsie:
I brought her in.

Simple
I concur!!!...
Re: Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2016
Reason knows no past tense. So, "I am" not "I was" is the correct answer.
Re: Check These Grammar, Which One Is Correct? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
I have search the internet and I have come across words like "I was the one that gave you your first kiss", "I was the one who called you yesterday" that was why the budget was not passed" and these words were spoken by the English speaking people like Britain

(1) (Reply)

300level Born Again Sociology Student Withdraw From.school / Pls What Can I Do To Laspotech O / Tuition Free Scholarships for Online Courses at University of the People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.