Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) (33087 Views)

Breaking News: Joseph Asuquo 26 Years Old From Oworo Sent To Ikoyi Prisons For A / Benue Prisons Command Bury Inmate Killed By Fulani Without Family's Consent(pics / Photos Of Prisoner Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue Prisons At Jato-Aka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by habefeh(m): 9:21am On Aug 14, 2016
Alagbon na baba, even wetin orlando owoh see dere sef, he wil neva 4get
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2016
On a visit to Nigerian prisons across the country,if you dont bribe warders you will not allow access to see your relatives who are detain there.Also,the food or money that you give to them,warders and other inmates have their own shares therefrom.
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by MiztaMarvel(m): 9:26am On Aug 14, 2016
I always hope to reach out to the orphans, widows, prisoners and hospitalized with gifts from time to time. I pray God helps me fulfil that dream.

I think these are areas were the churches are suppose to come in and use such means as an opportunity to spread the gospel truth. But then it's different because they pay no attention to these and focus on those who can come to their churches and pay money. Its sad and touching when I remember Jesus saying many shall come in his name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by Untainted007: 9:27am On Aug 14, 2016
That is how police will tell u bail is free. But u quite know they mean the opposite. Police report is free but you will pay for ink and paper. Who is fooling who? This country has rotten to the core. May God help us. People base all their problems on money but they forget that money is not everything.
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by jericco1(m): 9:31am On Aug 14, 2016
no be small enjoyment o
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by igbalodehunter(m): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2016
**Clears throat**
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by wadetaw202: 9:33am On Aug 14, 2016
DickDastardly:
Most APC members will end up there in 2019

This is not about APC or PDP. Can't you just remove that nonsense from your head and think sensibly? We are talking about Nigeria and Nigerians and not about political party. Is PDP not as corrupt as APC?

4 Likes

Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by blamelessly(f): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2016
You for even wait make dem release your brother first before you put up this retentive memory write up. Them go trace your brother through your description and na am go suffer am pass. Besides you won't be allowed inside next time. Dem don mark your face "x", oga reporter. Welcome back from naija prison where anything goes.
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by DickDastardly(m): 9:34am On Aug 14, 2016
wadetaw202:

This is not about APC or PDP. Can't you just remove that nonsense from your head and think sensibly? We are talking about Nigeria and Nigerians and not about political party. Is PDP not as corrupt as APC?
Wait make church dismiss 1st wink
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by joyfit: 9:37am On Aug 14, 2016
DickDastardly:
Most APC members will end up there in 2019
fortune teller grin[size=8pt][/size]
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by victorazy(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2016
ednut1:
Was there in 2014, my former employer carry us go der before we resume as part of induction . Visits to places lik dat changes ur orientation about life o. Out of the over 1000 inmates 70 were wife killers, some one has been on awaiting trial for close to 7 years because as he was fighting with bus conductor over 500 naira his elbow hit d driver who was coming from d back to separate dem and he died instantly shocked. Some pple are in prison because police pick dem up and formulated statement for dem and made dem sign. They have a vip section there dat looks lik an nysc camp chinkos indians yahoo boys nd rich pple dey der watching dstv morning till night. Dis life ehn

How about Konji, how do they cope? grin
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by igbalodehunter(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2016
DickDastardly:
Wait make church dismiss 1st wink
Na church you dey so?
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by DickDastardly(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2016
joyfit:

fortune teller grin[size=8pt][/size]
Mark my words
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by ednut1(m): 9:46am On Aug 14, 2016
victorazy:

How about Konji, how do they cope? grin
grin go ask dem o.
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by muller101(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2016
I will love to visit lala in prison some day.
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2016
ednut1:
Was there in 2014, my former employer carry us go der before we resume as part of induction . Visits to places lik dat changes ur orientation about life o. Out of the over 1000 inmates 70 were wife killers, some one has been on awaiting trial for close to 7 years because as he was fighting with bus conductor over 500 naira his elbow hit d driver who was coming from d back to separate dem and he died instantly shocked. Some pple are in prison because police pick dem up and formulated statement for dem and made dem sign. They have a vip section there dat looks lik an nysc camp chinkos indians yahoo boys nd rich pple dey der watching dstv morning till night. Dis life ehn

Really? What kinda country is this??
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by naturalwaves: 10:50am On Aug 14, 2016
ednut1:
Access?
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by Ofunaofu: 10:55am On Aug 14, 2016
Fate makes one a potential prisoner
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by youngest85(m): 11:12am On Aug 14, 2016
Perfecttouch:
as a visitor or as a criminal? Na joke o

Mayb i shud jst take 20kg indonisia
Anoruo:
You know what to do if you want to visit

Mayb i shud jst take 20kg indonesia
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by ednut1(m): 11:21am On Aug 14, 2016
naturalwaves:

Access?
nope, its a bank sha
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by naturalwaves: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2016
ednut1:
nope, its a bank sha
Okay. Used to be one too.
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 14, 2016
youngest85:
I wish i cud visit one day....

Go now, who's holding you back..?
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by ednut1(m): 11:25am On Aug 14, 2016
SnowJay92:

Really? What kinda country is this??
grin the common man ward those big wigs cant survive der a week o. Over 60 in a room. The vip side is not dat tushed bt dey hv a bed each. Obasanjo, and those former bank ceos sanusi dealth with dat year are former inmates der cheesy
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by BABANGBALI: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2016
See the level of corruption even in our prisons. This country is finished. God pls just pack it up.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by BABANGBALI: 11:41am On Aug 14, 2016
muller101:
I will love to visit lala in prison some day.
me too. I will tell Juliaann to cook his favourite(snake pepper soup)for him. When I am leaving the place I will give the president of the prison some money so as to always deal with lala for me.
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by Pamelayoung: 11:51am On Aug 14, 2016
This ur style of writing no be here o! Btw what crime did ur brother commit, was he a drug peddler?
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by Pamelayoung: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2016
Love Machine:
On a visit to Nigerian prisons across the country,if you dont bribe warders you will not allow access to see your relatives who are detain there.Also,the food or money that you give to them,warders and other inmates have their own shares therefrom.

Those warders are prisoners too in a way.
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by Aajumi(f): 11:57am On Aug 14, 2016
Ave visited oyo prison before its pretty over crowded and number tags were given to us and we were told not to lose it dat if we did u can't leave d prison I held unto it like it was life itself.....was thinking rubbish dat one prisoner shd Nt see me and shout na she.bring.me here....Lolz...its crazy but freedom is good. Some of d prisoners were dere just.for no real reason except for bad luck.....went for humanitarian service but was glad I went. Going dere made me thankful and grateful for d little I had. Worse tin government didn't remember dem often for supplies atimes dey use just water to bath

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by rhymaholic: 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
Prison is a worst place to be in. I remember visiting Kirikiri prison this time last year, I was almost moved to tears. Do nothing that would take you there.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by mofy1(f): 12:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
youngest85:
I wish i cud visit one day....
When u get there u will be so emotional. During my NYSC days we the Muslim Corpers Association of Nigeria do visit there and pray jumaat with them on Fridays so that they won't feel dejected. That's one experience I will never forget.
Re: Welcome To Ikoyi Prisons (part One) by muller101(m): 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
BABANGBALI:
me too. I will tell Juliaann to cook his favourite(snake pepper soup)for him. When I am leaving the place I will give the president of the prison some money so as to always deal with lala for me.
imagine having a topic like lala the nairaland mod in prison

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

70-Year-Old Man Rapes 8-Year-Old Deaf & Dumb Girl In Ogun / "If Change No Dey In 2months, I Go Start To Carry Gun" - Says Man / South African Police Strip Nigerian Man Naked During Arrest (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.