Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? (1249 Views)

Princess Onyejekwe Shows Her Favourite Sex Position On BBNaija Show / What's Your Favourite Movie ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by amnesty7: 6:41am On Aug 14, 2016
Movies are filled with countless witty quotes some of which are exceptionally unforgettable. Among my favorites are these two from two classic movies:

1. When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk! (Tuco, aka Ugly in 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly' 1966)

2. "I stick my neck out for nobody" (Rick in 'Casablanca' 1942)

What are yours?
Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by iamsparrow(m): 6:55am On Aug 14, 2016
1 "whoever double-crosses and leaves me alive, he understands nothing about Tuco" (Tuco, The Good The Bad and The Ugly)

2 "being an old farm boy myself, chickens coming home to roost never made me sad. in fact, it's only made me glad"
(Malcolm X, Malcolm X)

3 "if a thief takes your money and you take it back... does that make you also a thief?"
(Herr Hitler, Hitler: The Rise of Evil)

4 "sometimes you have to sacrifice a pawn to motivate your Knight"
(Percy, Nikita season 1)

5 "Jack wants her, Jack needs her, Jack gets her"
(Pres. Heller, 24 season 9)
Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by rheether(f): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2016
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. ( The Usual Suspects , 1995)

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by rheether(f): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2016
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. ( The Usual Suspects , 1995)
Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by iceberylin(m): 9:20am On Aug 14, 2016
"My Watch has ended"

GOT tongue

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by Collinz2(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2016
The absense of evidence is not thd evidence of absense but the evidence of absense is the absense of evidence - the boondocks.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by Ahmadgani(m): 6:12pm On Dec 15, 2016
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.

"A friend should always
underestimate your virtues and an enemy
overestimate your faults."

Don Vito Corleone The Godfather

What is past is past. never go back. Not for excuses. Not for justification, not for happiness. You are what you are, the world is what it is.

Mario Puzo , The Last Don

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by iLiquidator: 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
Alex: This is just a game to
you

Percy: Not just any game: chess. A match between
Nikita and myself. You're one of her pawns, I just
captured her knight, and she's about to move her
bishop, Ryan Fletcher. What she doesn't realize is that I am always thinking several moves ahead. Come on, you're Russian. Your father must have taught you chess. Remember how a pawn can become a queen just by crossing over to the other side.

Alex: I will never be on your side.

Nikita S01E21
Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
Modified.
It's not a quote per se. It is a dialogue, but the message in it was so touching I couldn't get it off my head from the very moment I listened to it.

It's from the movie The Bodyguard from Beijing.

Jet Li: why are you crying?

Billy: I'm sorry

Jet Li: what for? For taking the gun or for something else? I once knew a boy named Yin Tan who studied at the shaolin temple. He was given a new master when he was nine. The master would forgive whatever he did, no matter how severe, as long as Yin Tan would say I'm sorry. Instead of any kind of punishment, the master would just ask Yin Tan to say he was sorry. It didn't matter what he done, Yin Tan was very good at saying he was sorry. One day he was playing with some lighted candles in the temple of the shining waters. He dropped the candle, and the next thing he knew, there was a fire burning out of control. He ran, just as far as he possibly could, until something made him stop. He returned, hoping he would have a chance to apologise to the teacher. He was sure that saying those words would redeem him.
There was no opportunity to say those words. The fire made sure of that.
The master died in the flaming temple. The boy stopped saying I'm sorry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by Empressgifted(f): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
"No matter how hard the wind howls, the mountains cannot bow to it" - Mulan.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by Galaxyroyp(m): 10:20pm On Dec 30, 2016
Not quotes but phrases

1.Damn It!!!
2.Gimme A Name.
-----------------Jack Bauer In 24

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
"Say Hello to my little friend" - Tony Montana
Re: What Is Your Favourite Movie Quote? by iLiquidator: 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2017
By the power bestowed in me, I now pronounce you MAN and KNIFE.
Jason Statham in Expendables II

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

'76 And "93 DAYS" / Jagaban Ft Selina Tested Episode 3 Thriller / Fego Ogbomoso 96 Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.