Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,477 members, 7,770,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:31 AM

Androidwear Apps, Anyone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Androidwear Apps, Anyone? (1784 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:07am On Aug 14, 2016
This thread was created simply because an androidwear app section has been ignored.
So I intend to RIGHT that WRONG............

(1) - Staylit - This apps enables you set how long or how short you want your screen lite for (From 5secs - Indefinitely).
(2) Facer - An androidwear app to select from a huge array of watch faces(extra faces can also be downloaded from facerepo)
(3) WatchMaker - Also has lots of watchfaces onboard
(4) Pujie Black - Another app for very bright and vibrant watch faces
(5) Mail for Androidwear - An app to receive your emails through your smartwatch
(6) Wear Messenger - An app to receive and respond to sms messages from your smartwatch
(7) Poweramp Remote - Poweramp needs to be installed on your smartphone and this simply works from your watch
(8 Wear Speaker -
(9) HandDialer
(10) Apollo wear inspector
(11) Calculator

2 Likes

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
Wear charging widget - When phone is connected to charge, it only has one boring screen and limited info by default.
Wear charging widget bridges that gap. Varying widgets available for free, but IAP even gives better images.
And has more information on the screen(must better than default screen).

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
Talon for twitter has a lovely integration for Androidwear devices. It sync's seamlessly.

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 1:46am On Aug 15, 2016
Pujie Black - For very sharp, bright and customized watchfaces. Download Pujie Black and use facerepo for additional free faces. Loads to choose from at facerepo.

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 8:39am On Aug 15, 2016
Impressive, im sure gonna bookmark this thread till i get my smartwatch, then, i will try these apps smiley

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:49am On Aug 15, 2016
dasphinx1:
Impressive, im sure gonna bookmark this thread till i get my smartwatch, then, i will try these apps smiley

Do you have any idea of the smartwatch you would be getting??
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:00am On Aug 15, 2016
Apollo Wear Inspector - It's simply like a file manager on your smartwatch.
You can also clean the memory on your smartwatch (one touch cleaner).
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 9:13am On Aug 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Do you have any idea of the smartwatch you would be getting??

Been 'eyeing' the Fossil Q and Huawei Watch for a while now..... Love the build quality on both devices.... kinda exceptional and they both look like real watches.
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:42am On Aug 15, 2016
dasphinx1:

Been 'eyeing' the Fossil Q and Huawei Watch for a while now..... Love the build quality on both devices.... kinda exceptional and they both look like real watches.

Smartwatches are no longer looking like toys or Mickey mouse devices.
The entry by various players, seems to have upped the ante.
Your choices are good, so long has you get it at a pocket friendly price.
In my opinion, a smartwatch cannot and must not be worth about $400 (not looking at Tag, Rolex or other high players in the watch world).
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 11:49am On Aug 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Smartwatches are no longer looking like toys or Mickey mouse devices.
The entry by various players, seems to have upped the ante.
Your choices are good, so long has you get it at a pocket friendly price.
In my opinion, a smartwatch cannot and must not be worth about $400 (not looking at Tag, Rolex or other high players in the watch world).

Yeah, entry by big players upped the ante. Im also hoping i get either of my two metioned choices at reasonable prices or i might just settle for the Moto 360....
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 2:45pm On Aug 15, 2016
dasphinx1:

Yeah, entry by big players upped the ante. Im also hoping i get either of my two metioned choices at reasonable prices or i might just settle for the Moto 360....

Moto 360 is good (2nd Gen). If your thoughts were in the direction of the 1st Gen Moto 360, I think it's best you settle for the 1st Gen LG urbane.
Just a thought.
NB: Watch YouTube videos and user reviews or read reviews. You might change your mind.

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by timbros(m): 3:46pm On Aug 15, 2016
What is the general price range of these smartwatches? I have not had any interest in smartwatch yet.
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Moto 360 is good (2nd Gen). If your thoughts were in the direction of the 1st Gen Moto 360, I think it's best you settle for the 1st Gen LG urbane.
Just a thought.
NB: Watch YouTube videos and user reviews or read reviews. You might change your mind.

Alright, will do that, thank you. How is the One Plus 3 holding up for you? I like the name they gave the gold version(soft gold) smiley
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
dasphinx1:

Alright, will do that, thank you. How is the One Plus 3 holding up for you? I like the name they gave the gold version(soft gold) smiley

It's holding out quiet well. But having a big problem keeping it away from my son. Infact, my son has stolen off me (for now).
I think the soft gold simply suits the device well. People were mistaken the OP3 for an iPhone. I might consider buying another one(if Madam allows me).
So I had to dip my hands into my gadget bin and painfully dug out my Note 3.
Hopefully he gives it back, if not. Early inheritance for him. LOLZ
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2016
timbros:
What is the general price range of these smartwatches? I have not had any interest in smartwatch yet.

It's a pleasant extension to any android smartphone. If you already own an ordinary watch that only tells you the time, date and month, why not get a smartwatch that does a lot more than just date, month and time?
Prices ranges from about $100 - $400.
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2016
Web Browser for Androidwear - For those quick moments, when you want to take a quick glance at a website or open an extension from a received email etc etc etc
Web Browser for Androidwear, is that perfect companion.

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It's holding out quiet well. But having a big problem keeping it away from my son. Infact, my son has stolen off me (for now).
I think the soft gold simply suits the device well. People were mistaken the OP3 for an iPhone. I might consider buying another one(if Madam allows me).
So I had to dip my hands into my gadget bin and painfully dug out my Note 3.
Hopefully he gives it back, if not. Early inheritance for him. LOLZ

Hehe!! early inheritance cheesy.... the build quality is superb, considering purchasing it as well, atleast i am due for a device change smiley

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
dasphinx1:

Hehe!! early inheritance cheesy.... the build quality is superb, considering purchasing it as well, atleast i am due for a device change smiley

That's what he called it...... LOLZ
Samsung, Apple and other flagships needs to learn how to price devices.
OP3 would definitely cost them millions in terms of people buying OP3 & ZTE Axon 7, has opposed to buying flagships, but settles for flagship killers!!!!
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

That's what he called it...... LOLZ
Samsung, Apple and other flagships needs to learn how to price devices.
OP3 would definitely cost them millions in terms of people buying OP3 & ZTE Axon 7, has opposed to buying flagships, but settles for flagship killers!!!!

If only them big companies could learn... sad Meanwhile, there seem to be a slow acceptance of smartwatches in general... People tend to view them in a "made for geeks" typa way. A friend even told me he can not spend up to #50k on a conventional wrist watch, talk more of a smartwatch that would possibly cost more...

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
dasphinx1:

If only them big companies could learn... sad Meanwhile, there seem to be a slow acceptance of smartwatches in general... People tend to view them in a "made for geeks" typa way. A friend even told me he can not spend up to #50k on a conventional wrist watch, talk more of a smartwatch that would possibly cost more...

People would have varying opinions about certain issues, that's the beauty of individuality.
I waited till the cost of the smartwatch became more pocket friendly, then I dived in!!!
NB: Your friends budget for a conventional watch, is what I paid for my smartwatch. So would your friend call it a bargain?

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2016
FotMob Pro is a football app that Intergrates flawlessly with your smartwatch.
Set the clubs you are interested in or the matches you want to receive alerts from. When the club is actively engaged in any match, you get an alert on your smartwatch.
Picture attached.... ............

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2016
Watchmaker Premium - This app has loads of watch faces. After downloading watchmaker premium, simply head to www.facerepo.com , downloading loads of faces till you literally get bored or tired.
One sample of the thousands available.
NB: This watchface is very kind to your battery, the ambient mode would also treat your battery kindly.

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

People would have varying opinions about certain issues, that's the beauty of individuality.
I waited till the cost of the smartwatch became more pocket friendly, then I dived in!!!
NB: Your friends budget for a conventional watch, is what I paid for my smartwatch. So would your friend call it a bargain?

Mehn, dont know about my friend but for me, thats a steal wink
whats the name of your watch and how much did you get it!.... im drooling here!!

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2016
dasphinx1:

You can say that again. It was also in brand new condition in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:16am On Aug 16, 2016
dasphinx1:

whats the name of your watch and how much did you get it!.... im drooling here!!

It's LG urbane (Gen 1). Bought it for approximately N50K
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by dasphinx1(m): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2016
Lexusgs430:

It's LG urbane (Gen 1). Bought it for approximately N50K

Awesome, looks cool and urbane(pun intended). A very good morning to you...
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 8:07am On Aug 16, 2016
dasphinx1:

Awesome, looks cool and urbane(pun intended). A very good morning to you...

Your pun received loud and clear!!!!
Good Morning to you too..... ..........
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 1:00am On Aug 19, 2016
Wear mini launcher - Probably the best launcher for Androidwear devices.
It computes all your installed apps and ease of access is simply a swipe away.
It also gives access to all main toggles on your smartwatch.

Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
OneNote - One of the popular programs on Microsoft's office package.
OneNote has an app in the playstore (almost 90MB), not a small package, but it also Intergrates well into the andriodwear platform.
If you have a laptop, an android phone and a androidwear devices, then you would love this app.
You can dictate( using Google voice) notes to OneNote, through your Androidwear device and it gets synchronized to all your platforms, that has OneNote installed.
If you are unlucky enough to use Samsung Note 3(after my son chanced my OP3), notes written using your s-pen
through OneNote also get synchronized in the exact format.
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
As we patiently await the release of Androidwear 2.0 on our smartwatches, we keep rocking what we have at the moment........
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 7:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
My LG urbane just received the Androidwear 2.0 OTA update.......
Happy Days..........
Re: Androidwear Apps, Anyone? by Lexusgs430: 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2017
Andriodwear 2.0 - Simply makes my smartwatch feel like a brand new device. Most 3rd party apps downloaded in the past, no longer required. A few bugs in the 2.0, but with time it would all be patched.
Enjoying 2.0 so far, so good .......

(1) (Reply)

How To Lock Some Photos In Gallery In Android Phone / Please Save Me From This Virus On My Android / Check Sim Registration Status Code For MTN, 9mobile, Glo, Airtel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.