Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Kindly Advice On The Career Path - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kindly Advice On The Career Path (554 Views)

What Are The Career Option For Biochemistry Graduate / What Are The Career Opportunities For English Graduates? / The Career Advice I Wish I Had At 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Advice On The Career Path by Gydion(m): 9:33am On Aug 14, 2016
Worked as a loan officer in one of the commercial banks in Nigeria for good two years, now working as a finance officer in one of the leading insurance company in Nigeria.

Holds BSc economics & MSc economics.

Accounting background is very poor, good in numerical reason and statistics.

Looking towards MBA or ICAN, but scared of ICAN because of the poor foundation in accounting (never did account in secondary school because I was in art class, I only did it in my 100level days in the university) and don't want to waste my money on what I can't finish.

Need your advice on what to do or any other better one apart from these two that is good for my career path.

Thanks.
Re: Kindly Advice On The Career Path by phoenix480(m): 6:08am On Aug 17, 2016
Generally an MBA trumps ICAN (and most professional certifications) if you want to move into Management.

As you have also suggested that you struggle with Accounting, it's wise you pursue the MBA as ICAN can be a long, lonely journey when you are not motivated.
Re: Kindly Advice On The Career Path by izzou(m): 6:28am On Aug 17, 2016
Pitching my tent here

Maa learn small

cool
Re: Kindly Advice On The Career Path by Gydion(m): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
phoenix480:
Generally an MBA trumps ICAN (and most professional certifications) if you want to move into Management.

As you have also suggested that you struggle with Accounting, it's wise you pursue the MBA as ICAN can be a long, lonely journey when you are not motivated.

Thanks boss

(1) (Reply)

Are You Finding Fulfillment In Your Current Job; Change It Before It Change You / Virtual Personal Assistant At Your Service / I Need A Career Coach To Volunteer FOR And Serve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.