Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release (4988 Views)

MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business / Funny Pokemon Go Memes Players Can Relate To / Why Pokemon Go Isn’t Available In Nigeria And How To Install It On Your Device. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2016
Well, that is if they eventually release it. And please know that this is just an opinion and I dont want anybody to insult me this Sunday morning.

to the point

Pokemon go is a very popular game that is known for its frequent technical issues due to server strain because just too many people play it
"Check the pics below"

Although, the game isn't officially available in Nigeria..techies have devised a means of getting the game on their phones
Before I ask the obvious question...i'd like to explain how the game works
In Wikipedia's words
In the game, players use a mobile device's GPS capability to locate, capture, battle, and train virtual creatures, called Pokémon, who appear on the screen as if they were in the same real-world location as the player
Its not like any normal game that you can play from the comfort of your couch. You actually have to move around (the game tracks your movements via gps) and catch some things most Nigerian grandmothers would refer to as demons.
Read more here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokémon_Go
The motive behind the game is good because it encourages people to go outside and move around
But, let me ask you...
Is this what we really need in Nigeria

No, it isnt
Bad people always have to mess up something good. Its bad enough that most Nigerian drivers. Particularly those in lagos" drive with their dicks not their brains. And it would be much worse If they do that while playing a concentration demanding game. Even the sane drivers would be distracted because the game would be a lot easier to play while driving.
Dont let me talk about those that will just wake up and wash their mouth with ogogoro.
For the second part....All those kidnappers and ritualists will look for places where the pokemons are plenty In. That'll attract many gamers and use that opportunity to do their evil work while being clandestine.
This thread is not a joke and I am being very serious. Pokemon go would do more harm than good in our country
Remember that pedestrians being glued to their smartphones are dangerous. To themselves and motorists. The game will encourage pedestrians to use their phones on the road

3 Likes

Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by mbah2x(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2016
mad nigga grin
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 10:31am On Aug 14, 2016
mbah2x:
mad nigga grin

Loading....keep refreshing
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
Lol. People go just die for road and perhaps accident will occur on a daily

2 Likes

Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by prahcetomi(m): 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
Someone playing pokemon and a madman...

Are they different?

4 Likes

Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
The only point you raised worth considering is that the game would encourage pedestrian to lose concentration while playing the game on the road.

The other points about drivers playing the game on the road and kidnappers using it as a bait is just plain rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by housecampaignng: 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by Hilles(m): 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
No worry..the Game will be DOA..this economy doesnt support such joblessness

3 Likes

Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by donbenie(m): 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2016
Non issues,each and every Nation on Earth has its own peculiarities and so does Nigeria,playing Pokemon Go has its RISKS anywhere in the world where it's being played,I've heard people being killed,maimed and raped playing it..non of these nations have banned the game from being played..
As an adult it's your responsibility to stay safe while engaged in any activity and you seem not to have bothered to mention the health benefits of engaging in such an extracurricular activity..as such your advice seems akin to throwing out the baby with the bath water..
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hilles:
No worry..the Game will be DOA..this economy doesnt support such joblessness

Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by canDy4eva(f): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
Bringing it to Nigeria is one thin n downloading it is another...

#itzurchoice
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by acenazt: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
Pokemon went.
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by Emmanuel602(m): 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
the fact that it requires data connection has done the magic already

1 Like

Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
[quote author=LastMumu post=48472523][i][font=serif][color=#000099]The only point you raised worth considering is that the game would encourage pedestrian to lose concentration while playing the game on the road.

The other points about drivers playing the game on the road and kidnappers using it as a bait is just plain rubbish.

People actually play the game while driving. And its very dangerous
Please take ur tym nd watch d YouTube video below and ull be convinced. And then click d link below
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch-police-helicopter-footage-of-driver-who-was-/1100-6442606/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0izX6PB8O38

This is something very serious. And m nt saying rubbish
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2016
Emmanuel602:
the fact that it requires data connection has done the magic already
Nairaland requires data connection. So, whats ur point
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 6:14pm On Aug 14, 2016
donbenie:
Non issues,each and every Nation on Earth has its own peculiarities and so does Nigeria,playing Pokemon Go has its RISKS anywhere in the world where it's being played,I've heard people being killed,maimed and raped playing it..non of these nations have banned the game from being played..
As an adult it's your responsibility to stay safe while engaged in any activity and you seem not to have bothered to mention the health benefits of engaging in such an extracurricular activity..as such your advice seems akin to throwing out the baby with the bath water..
What of the kids that play it? Remember, this I Nigeria. Things are not as controlled in Nigeria as they are on countries lyk britain and us. consider that
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 6:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
Lalalisticlala ishilove. Pls epp me?
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by Strawman: 7:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
NigerianScholar:
Dont let me talk about those that will just wake up and wash their mouth with ogogoro.
For the second part....All those kidnappers and ritualists will look for places where the pokemons are plenty In. That'll attract many gamers and use that opportunity to do their evil work while being clandestine.

What kind of strategy is that?

Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by Esdb3: 7:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Loading a web page and working a sorta live game that requires gps are not the same thing. The whites have complained about how much it drains data. Nigga gtfo the internet!
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by Emmanuel602(m): 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2016
NigerianScholar:

you need at least 3g connection to play uninterruptedly online which I think is more like streaming. now tell me how many Nigerians can afford to stream with the little data they expensively bought in this change era?
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by henry007(m): 7:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
While y'all be debating ritualists and what not, do try and watch my Pokemon Go gaming review here and leave a comment. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_VWmWNt7Cs&feature=youtu.be
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
Strawman:

What kind of strategy is that?
Kindly check the YouTube video above
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
henry007:
While y'all be debating ritualists and what not, do try and watch my Pokemon Go gaming review here and leave a comment. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_VWmWNt7Cs&feature=youtu.be
The audio is simply terrible
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2016
Esdb3:

Loading a web page and working a sorta live game that requires gps are not the same thing. The whites have complained about how much it drains data. Nigga gtfo the internet!
Naa. People will still play it. It probably consumes less data than google earth
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
Emmanuel602:

you need at least 3g connection to play uninterruptedly online which I think is more like streaming. now tell me how many Nigerians can afford to stream with the little data they [b]expensively bought [/b]in this change era?

Warra u saying. Data is cheaper dan eva. With 500n u can get 1gb of data on mtn nd glo

On glo 2k for 6gb 2500 for 10

Nd u r saying its xpensive
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by olarhtunji(m): 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
dude is pained

join readers group on WhatsApp follow d link https:///Dbp1sU66iL9CZi8jKWUqU5
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by henry007(m): 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2016
NigerianScholar:

The audio is simply terrible
coz i'm blocking the speakers with my hand. i mentioned that in the video.
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by yorhmienerd(m): 9:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
Correct
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by NigerianScholar: 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
henry007:
coz i'm blocking the speakers with my hand. i mentioned that in the video.
Kudos to the people that had the patience to wait till u said thats

The bad audio would put off a lot of people
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by mattmogan88: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
POKÉMON GO 2016

hw I wish I knw wat 2030 will look like
Re: Pokemon Go Should Be Banned In Nigeria...before Its Release by henry007(m): 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
NigerianScholar:

Kudos to the people that had the patience to wait till u said thats

The bad audio would put off a lot of people
thanks for letting me know how bad it was. I would do something about that in my next video. wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does Tecno Camon CX Support Glo 4G? / Aliexpress Which Of The Two Should I Go For Nairalanders / Between Infinix Hot Note X551 And Tecno Camon C8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.