Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Mikel Obi In The News - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi In The News (537 Views)

Lionel Messi, Taye Taiwo, And Mikel Obi In 2005 (Throwback Photo) / Mikel Obi In The Pool With His Twin Girls / The Making Of A Star: Mikel Obi (in Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi In The News by supereagle(m): 11:57am On Aug 14, 2016
http://t.guardian.ng/sport/mikel-commends-fans-pleads-for-sustained-support/

John Obi Mikel of Nigeria celebrates his goal scored against Denmark during the Rio 2016 Olympic Games men’s quarter-final football match Nigeria vs Denmark, at the Arena Fonte Nova Stadium in Salvador, Brazil on August 13, 2016NELSON ALMEIDA / AFPJohn Mikel Obi, Captain of National-U23 team, also called the Dream Team, has thanked fans for their support in spite of difficulties that had dogged the team.Simply known as `Mikel’ by his followers in the English club, Chelsea, the mercurial player said he appreciated their support through the preparatory stages untilthe ongoing 2016 Olympic soccer event.I would like to say massive, massivethanks to the fans. Not just today (on Aug. 13), I think from the first day that we got here, from when we played Japan in our first game, the Brazilian fans have been behind us and supported us all the time.

Even when we lost 0-2 to Colombia in the group stage, the fans supported us. It is one of the greatest feelings in football if you are giving the fans what they want and I am very happy for the team today (Saturday).My performance was good; the team’s performance was good. We came out and did exactly what the coach asked us to do and executed the game plan perfectly. We are very happy to be in the semi-final,” he said.Mikel, who doubles as Team Nigeriacaptain adds: “I am not surprised. When we were in Atlanta, we knew we had a talented bunch of players.That’s why we just wanted to get to Brazil and kick-start our tournament.It was a bit frustrating coming downhere, but while we were in Atlanta, we knew we had a good shot at getting to the final or winning.With the problems we had getting tothis stage, it is just absolutely amazing and we just have to keep it going,” Mike said.The team was stranded in Atlanta, without funds to support their upkeep. They were bailed by a philanthropist that undertook to underwrite their bills.They even arrived in Manause, venue of their opening match, barely three hours to kick off after about eight hours flight jet-lagged.They still went ahead to beat Japan,their opponents 5-4 in regulation time.
Re: Mikel Obi In The News by WomanWrappa(m): 11:59am On Aug 14, 2016
he deserves it.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi In The News by domopps(m): 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
It worth the fuss ....

Cheeeeers
Re: Mikel Obi In The News by supereagle(m): 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
He is a real team captain, the person who nominated him did not make mistakes.

(1) (Reply)

Rio 2016: Chinese Diver Got A Proposal While Being Presented A Medal On Stage / MEN NATURAL Sexual Wellness Tips For 30years And Above / Between Walcott And Chamberlain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.