Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

danfo driver & conductor surprise me beyond my comprehension - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / danfo driver & conductor surprise me beyond my comprehension (853 Views)

Lady's Wig Removed By A Bus Conductor During Fight (Photo) / Danfo Driver Brings Out His Joystick In The Presence Of Passengers (Pic) / Conductor Jumps In Ikate Roundabout Canal, In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

danfo driver & conductor surprise me beyond my comprehension by Mzflexydeeva(f): 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
It was a beautiful Friday afternoon, in the usual owambe way I had to travel to akure to witness the marriage ceremony between a long time friend of 10years and her heartthrob whom she had dated for 9 years.

Since I live in lagos, I had to travel all the way from lagos to akure. At about 1pm I left the office to avoid travelling at night.

On leaving the office, I stopped at the bank, made a cash withdrawal of 10,000 naira. This was to ensure I had enough money to cover the cost of my trip. I had to board a bus from ojuelegba to ojota where I could find a bus to akure. I alighted from the bus at ojota while the driver moved on I assumed to ketu, mile 12 for those familiar with that route. A few minutes later while walking to the park at ojota, I realised something was missing. It was my purse! I had left it inside a danfo bus.

At first I couldn't think. The purse had all my money, my atms & lots of other important documents. At that point only one thing came to mind. I had to talk to my fiancé who at times like this is the only one that can calm my nerves.

He advised me to go the the park at ojota to complain, or try to trace the vehicle's route. At that point my confusion doubled since I didn't know where the final bus stop of the particular bus was.
On seeing how restless I was, some agberos at ojota just told me to forget about it. Saying even if found, the contents would be removed & the pursed tossed.

Following suggestions, I took a bus to ketu in an attempt to trace the driver and the bus. The responses I got at ketu was even worse.
A lawman official even said " for this Lagos.. purse with money Abeg sister just they go house.

Again my fiancé called telling me to cross to the other side of the road & keep my eyes on the road since most buses ply the same route all over. Indeed I listened & crossed. After waiting about 20mins, I looked and saw the conductor of the bus & recognised him.
On seeing him, I rushed to him & asked if he had seen any purse. The bus driver looked @ me & smiled. Then he said " you no even get phone number when person fit take reach you. I see the purse, but no way to reach you.
On hearing this I was shocked. Was this really happening? In this lagos
Just then the conductor looked under the driver seat and lo & behold I was given my purse. I was so happy. I rushed into the bus heading back to ojota from ketu. I looked in my purse & realised not a kobo was missing. As I got off the bus I appreciated them with a token. Wonders indeed do happen.

I learnt something new.... always have a contact number in your purse or any other belonging that can be found by anyone.

Eko o ni baje oooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: danfo driver & conductor surprise me beyond my comprehension by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
Mzflexydeeva:
It was a beautiful Friday afternoon, in the usual owambe way I had to travel to akure to witness the marriage ceremony between a long time friend of 10years and her heartthrob whom she had dated for 9 years.

Since I live in lagos, I had to travel all the way from lagos to akure. At about 1pm I left the office to avoid travelling at night.

On leaving the office, I stopped at the bank, made a cash withdrawal of 10,000 naira. This was to ensure I had enough money to cover the cost of my trip. I had to board a bus from ojuelegba to ojota where I could find a bus to akure. I alighted from the bus at ojota while the driver moved on I assumed to ketu, mile 12 for those familiar with that route. A few minutes later while walking to the park at ojota, I realised something was missing. It was my purse! I had left it inside a danfo bus.

At first I couldn't think. The purse had all my money, my atms & lots of other important documents. At that point only one thing came to mind. I had to talk to my fiancé who at times like this is the only one that can calm my nerves.

He advised me to go the the park at ojota to complain, or try to trace the vehicle's route. At that point my confusion doubled since I didn't know where the final bus stop of the particular bus was.
On seeing how restless I was, some agberos at ojota just told me to forget about it. Saying even if found, the contents would be removed & the pursed tossed.

Following suggestions, I took a bus to ketu in an attempt to trace the driver and the bus. The responses I got at ketu was even worse.
A lawman official even said " for this Lagos.. purse with money Abeg sister just they go house.

Again my fiancé called telling me to cross to the other side of the road & keep my eyes on the road since most buses ply the same route all over. Indeed I listened & crossed. After waiting about 20mins, I looked and saw the conductor of the bus & recognised him.
On seeing him, I rushed to him & asked if he had seen any purse. The bus driver looked @ me & smiled. Then he said " you no even get phone number when person fit take reach you. I see the purse, but no way to reach you.
On hearing this I was shocked. Was this really happening? In this lagos
Just then the conductor looked under the driver seat and lo & behold I was given my purse. I was so happy. I rushed into the bus heading back to ojota from ketu. I looked in my purse & realised not a kobo was missing. As I got off the bus I appreciated them with a token. Wonders indeed do happen.

I learnt something new.... always have a contact number in your purse or any other belonging that can be found by anyone.

Eko o ni baje oooo

Stories that touch!
Re: danfo driver & conductor surprise me beyond my comprehension by ElsonMorali: 6:22am On Nov 30, 2016
Wow. I'm impressed. By you and the bus conductor. Nice one.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Stuck In Shrine Trying To Destroy Idols / BREAKING: CBN Gov’s Wife, Margaret Emefiele Released / About National Board Of Architects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.