Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Need Help From Dieticians - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Need Help From Dieticians (542 Views)

What Could Be The Problem Dieticians & Doctors, Pls? / Health Professionals, Dieticians, What Is Your Take On This? / Please I Need Help From This Embarrassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help From Dieticians by chiraqDemon(m): 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
Soo im 5'9 120kg
Tryna start n keep up a workout plan
Lose like 50kg before next march (is that possible? ?)
Got a stationary bike
Weights
Bicycle
And i walk almost daily (like 2km daily according to my google fit)

Now my problem is my food intake
I like eating and im tryna cut it
So what typa food should i take n like amount n stuff like that
im in akwa ibom(so please say stuff that i can easily find here)
Thanks in advance for yall help
Re: Need Help From Dieticians by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
I am no dietician but i can be of great assistance to you. For a start your BMI is off the hook. Are you a male or female?

I will ask you some questions to kickstart this interesting journey of yours.

How is your regular diet like?
How many times do you eat in a day?
Are you in love with junk foods?
How often do you eat fruits and vegetables?
Are you sedentary or physically active?
How often do you exercise?
Do you take alcohol(beer) regularly?
How is your sleep pattern like?

I need your answers to this questions.
Re: Need Help From Dieticians by chiraqDemon(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
PRISTINEMUSCLES:
I am no dietician but i can be of great assistance to you. For a start your BMI is off the hook. Are you a male or female?

I will ask you some questions to kickstart this interesting journey of yours.

How is your regular diet like?
How many times do you eat in a day?
Are you in love with junk foods?
How often do you eat fruits and vegetables?
Are you sedentary or physically active?
How often do you exercise?
Do you take alcohol(beer) regularly?
How is your sleep pattern like?

I need your answers to this questions.

Im male
Ion take much junk food (rarely even)
Exercise daily (2 or 3 km walk daily)(stationary biking 2x a week 15mins)
No beer alchohol almost never
Sleep pattern - 12midnight-6am or 7am
Regular food-beans, garri n afang 1 n half cups(daily) rice
I eat once or twice a day on weekdays n 3x on weekends
And i try to get fruits cucumbers, oranges,watermelons like 2x weekly

All im tryna do is find out the right food to eat so i can reduce my intake
Ive actually lost like 5 kg but im tryna lose weight faster.....like flash speed

During semesters im able to eat less
But during holidays im unable to not make food n eating an occupation.....consumption goes up like 50%
Re: Need Help From Dieticians by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
chiraqDemon:

Im male
Ion take much junk food (rarely even)
Exercise daily (2 or 3 km walk daily)(stationary biking 2x a week 15mins)
No beer alchohol almost never
Sleep pattern - 12midnight-6am or 7am
Regular food-beans, garri n afang 1 n half cups(daily) rice
I eat once or twice a day on weekdays n 3x on weekends
And i try to get fruits cucumbers, oranges,watermelons like 2x weekly

All im tryna do is find out the right food to eat so i can reduce my intake
Ive actually lost like 5 kg but im tryna lose weight faster.....like flash speed

During semesters im able to eat less
But during holidays im unable to not make food n eating an occupation.....consumption goes up like 50%

When you say you want to loose bodyfats fast, you make laff. Did you gain that fat fast or overnight? The answer is obviously no. So how then do you want to loose that fat fast. Please and please erase that thinking from your mind. Don't even think of weightloss pills, they can be very toxic.

I want you to know that fatloss takes a lifelong approach which if adopted is very effective and sustainable.

Now back to the meat of the matter, you talk about making food your main hobby during hols. Fatgain occurs when your calories input(foods ingested) far exceeds your calorie output(expended).

1. You have to reduce your portion size(the size of food consumed per time)

2. You must increase your protein intake. Protein here should include beans,lean meats, chicken or turkey without its skin, eggwhites,fish(no catfish:contains unhealthy fats). You could eat titus, salmon, sardine.

3. Increse your fibre intake. Vegetables contain fibre. Akwa-ibom is blessed with rich soup. When i was in akwa-ibom, una nearly use good soup kill me. Mehn.

4. Reduce your consumption of white carbs like white rice,white flour etc. Go for our native rice like ofada, brown rice. You can eat sweet potatoes(boiled and not fried)

5. Increase your daily activities, avoid sedentary lifestyles. Most especially sitting down on the couch and watching season films is not that good most especially if done on a daily basis. Increase your cardios like jogging, briskwalking, playing soccer.

5. Please drink water very well, avoid sugary drinks because they contain empty calories including fruit juice(those ones in pack).

Keep me updated
Re: Need Help From Dieticians by chiraqDemon(m): 11:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
Tnx a lot n i will keep u updated

(1) (Reply)

Conception Problems - Why Can’t I Get Pregnant? / See This Hilarious Obituary Poster Of A Man / About Ovulation And Getting Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.