Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:29 AM

Take A Load Off Your Shoulder With This Fashion Trend - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Take A Load Off Your Shoulder With This Fashion Trend (688 Views)

[photos] Vagina Wigs Are The Newest Fashion Trend In 2018 / Woman Rocks Bra And Bum Short: Is This Fashion Or Madness? / Girl Flaunts Hips In Torn Jeans: Is This Fashion Or Real Madness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Take A Load Off Your Shoulder With This Fashion Trend by greentrends: 5:03am On Aug 15, 2016
OFF-SHOULDER
When a fashion trend emerges, very rarely does it work for everyone. Nine times out of 10, what’s considered “en vogue” tends to accommodate the under 25 crowd, and those of us above that age struggle to somehow fit it into our lifestyle.

Occasionally, a fad comes along that is easy for anyone to adopt. That’s exactly what’s happening now with off-the-shoulder tops.

Regardless of your age or occupation, off-shoulder shirts need to be in your closet. It doesn’t really matter if the shirts are completely strapless, coupled with a spaghetti strap or don a simple shoulder cutout. The point is to show a bit of skin, and baring your shoulders is quite possibly the most conservative yet stylish way to do it.

To say that off-shoulder tops are everywhere would be an understatement. Try searching online for “off-shoulder tops” or “cold-shoulder tops” and see if you don’t become overwhelmed with the amount of results presented to you.

One thing to keep in mind with these kinds of shirts is that the look should appear effortless. The shape that works best for most body types is the long (to the hip), flowy, boxier cut. I hardly ever cosign on wearing boxy shirts. However, bare shoulders somehow balance out the shape. Plus, when paired with a skinny pant or jean, it immediately creates a flattering silhouette that transitions seamlessly from day to night with a simple switch of the shoes.

Brands like MLM Label, Topshop and one of my indie favorites, T&J Designs, are offering up a great selection to consumers. T&J Designs is so serious about this trend that you’ll find subcategory called “Off The Shoulder” in the Tops section on the website.

Known for having fun prints and unbeatable prices, none of the tops at T&J Designs are priced over $100. And with the frequent sales, there is always something available for $40 or less (try not to get sidetracked by their jewelry collection). Also, if you’re looking beyond straight sizes, plus-size favorites ASOS Curve and Violeta by MANGO USA have countless affordable options.

If you think off-shoulder tops are a little too bohemian or shoulder cutouts are too much of a ‘90s throwback, I highly suggest you reconsider. When something that was once popular reemerges on the scene, modernized designs, prints and use of fabrics typically come with it. Try one of the many poplin styles or pick a bold polka dot or gingham pattern. It may surprise you how sophisticated they can be when styled properly. Want to wear the trend to work? Throw a structured blazer over it, and you are good to go.

Also, don’t be afraid to try the cropped version. Hey, if you got it, flaunt it. And if you, instead, are on team #NoMidriff with me, you can make the crop top work by rocking it with high-wasted jeans or a pencil skirt.

Honestly, I really see no reason NOT to try this trend — and that’s very rare for me. So trust my instincts on this one. You know I’d never steer you wrong.Read more at:www.marieaustralia.com/red-carpet-celebrity-dresses | http://www.marieaustralia.com/cheap-formal-dresses

(1) (Reply)

Plain T-shirts Urgently Needed In Bulk / Its Festive Season Again...for Your Ankara Fabrics. Visit- / Oh My Gosh...!!! Check This Newly Collection On Ankara Fabric NEVER SEEN BEFORE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.