Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 PM

Usain Bolt Beats Gatlin Again, Wins 100 Meter Gold - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usain Bolt Beats Gatlin Again, Wins 100 Meter Gold (429 Views)

101-year-old Indian Woman Wins 100 Meter Dash At World Masters Games / Usain Bolt's Manhood Is Small - Jady Duarte, Brazilian Girl He Had Sex With / Usain Bolt Retains His 100m Gold Medal At Rio Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usain Bolt Beats Gatlin Again, Wins 100 Meter Gold by Raziii(m): 6:15am On Aug 15, 2016
Usain Bolt on sunday night continued his dominance on the track, winning the 100 metre dash in a time of 9.81. He was followed by Gatlin (9.89) and Canada's Andre De Grasse (9.91).

The Jamaican caught Justin Gatlin, who did have a strong start and led for half the race, to win his record third straight men's 100-meter final Sunday night and seventh Olympic gold. This is the third time Gatlin has finished second to Bolt. The previous two times were at the 2013 and 2015 world championships.

The Jamaican after the race said, "It was brilliant, I didn't go so fast but I'm so happy I won. I told you guys I was going to do it."

Surprisingly Bolt, whose reaction time of 0.155 was second slowest of the eight finalists, had the time to gave himself a fist bump on the chest just before crossing the line.

The 6-foot-5 sprinter/celebrity overcame his typically slow unfurling from the blocks -- he was second-to-last after the break.
"I just said, 'Take your time, and chip away,''' he said.

Churning his legs to gradually build up speed, he eventually caught Gatlin with about 40 meters left and took it to warp speed. The rest was a matter of how hard he wanted to run to the line.

In other high profile race decided, South African Van Niekerk produces an absolutely astonishing run to wrestle the Olympic title away from Kirani James, who comes second. Beating Michael Johnson's 17-year-old world record on the way.

He looked to have set out far too quickly but, incredibly, got faster around the top bend and then sustained that top speed down the final stretch.
The 2008 Olympic champion, LaShawn Merritt, gets the bronze.

http://focusnaijaa..com.ng/2016/08/usain-bolt-wins-100-meter-gold-at-rio.html?m=1
Re: Usain Bolt Beats Gatlin Again, Wins 100 Meter Gold by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 15, 2016
A word of advice - If you get to the top, Remain there
Re: Usain Bolt Beats Gatlin Again, Wins 100 Meter Gold by Royruky(m): 6:26am On Aug 15, 2016
Congrats to Bolt
Re: Usain Bolt Beats Gatlin Again, Wins 100 Meter Gold by edbor(m): 6:38am On Aug 15, 2016
I've been wondering when the race would commence. . .
bolt runs with the wind.
Re: Usain Bolt Beats Gatlin Again, Wins 100 Meter Gold by yankeedude(m): 8:15am On Aug 15, 2016
Lightning Bolt.

(1) (Reply)

Do Goalkeepers Really Need A Good Foot Work? / Rio Olympics: Solomon Dalung, I So Love My Lungs / EPL: Leicester City Denied Penalty At The Very End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.