Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

How To Confirm A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Confirm A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase (894 Views)

How Can I Know A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchasing It / How To Know If A Car Is Stolen Or Genuine Before Purchase / How Can I Confirm If A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Confirm A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase by 247frolic(m): 9:31am On Aug 15, 2016
To avoid the purchase of stolen vehicles thereby inuring the wrath of law enforcement agents, you are advised to carry out these basic checks on a vehicle before you part with your money.

For Foreign used cars

1. Ask for the custom papers and do a VIN check on the said vehicle
2. Make sure you buy from a registered car stand
3. Check for repainting of the car, especially the bonnet area where it is hard to respray.
4. Check the glass for any engraving

For Nigerian used cars:

1. Ask for customs document and ensure it's original
2. Ask for the original vehicle documents
3. Confirm that the name on all documents match sellers name. If not, let the seller provide proof of sale from original owner
4. Input the plate number in FRSC database and make sure it conforms with the said vehicle registered to.
5. Make sure all documents are originals and not photocopies
6. Take a selfie with the seller and the said vehicle for posterity sake.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/08/how-to-confirm-car-is-not-stolen-before.html

cc lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Confirm A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase by UndisputedBosom(m): 9:36am On Aug 15, 2016
Noted
Re: How To Confirm A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchase by pacino26(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2016
I like the SELFIE part.

Just that the police that will harass you are not interested in your story or evidence. Worst is that we don't have a database of citizens where the police can do am image search. The harassment will border of Purchase/Possesion of stolen which attracts twice the sentence for stealing.

Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Tesla Has Sold Out Of Solar Roofing Tiles Well Into 2018. / New 2018 BMW I8 Roadster Officially Teased / How To Donate A Car In California With Benefit Of Donating Car In California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.