Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? (1109 Views)

Osu Caste System Abolished In Irete, Owerri West LGA / I Am 'Osu', My Girlfriend's Parents Rejected Me Because Of That - Man Reveals / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by SonofDevil: 10:26am On Aug 15, 2016
Waiting for answers..?
Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by OkoNDOoBo: 10:37am On Aug 15, 2016
OSU re SLAVES

OUTCAST

REJECTED ONES

SERVANT TO DIETY

CANNOT MARRY FREEBORN

THEIR OPINION DOESN'T COUNTS

They re emotionally,physical,psychological and mentally Enslaved by the freeborn in igboland.

That's why you can find many of osus in nairaland platform the freeborn re somewhere busy making money while the rejected ones osu spend all their life time wandering about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by betterABIAstate: 10:38am On Aug 15, 2016
What is abaobaku?
Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by SonofDevil: 10:38am On Aug 15, 2016
Meaning my friend shukudi on nairaland is OSU.??grin

1 Like

Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by SonofDevil: 10:43am On Aug 15, 2016
betterABIAstate:
What is abaobaku?

Abobaku is a chieftancy title that has being abolished decades ago.

An Abobaku enjoys same authority,powers, Riches and wealth of the king on the throne until the king dies.
He will continue to live like a king and enjoy same authority as a king.

I would rather be an abobaku and live a wealthy live than being a slave, rejected one, whose opinion doesn't count, and cannot enjoy same right with freeborn.
They re emotionally and mentally enslaved.

3 Likes

Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by betterABIAstate: 10:49am On Aug 15, 2016
SonofDevil:

Abobaku is a chieftancy title that has being abolished decades ago.

An Abobaku enjoys same authority,powers, Riches and wealth of the king on the throne until the king dies.
He will continue to live like a king and enjoy same authority as a king.

I would rather be an abobaku and live a wealthy live than being a slave, rejected one, whose opinion doesn't count, and cannot enjoy same right with freeborn.
They re emotionally and mentally enslaved.
but I asked my friend and he said abaobaku simply means someone that dies with king. Like a person that is destined to die with the king

Meanwhile, OSU doesn't exist anymore too

1 Like

Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by princemillla(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2016
betterABIAstate:
but I asked my friend and he said abaobaku simply means someone that dies with king. Like a person that is destined to die with the king

Its a pity your friend is misleading you. The guy up there just told u what abobaku is

1 Like

Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by OkoNDOoBo: 10:52am On Aug 15, 2016
betterABIAstate:
What is abaobaku?
abobaku is a chieftaincy title given to a man that enjoy wealth ,powers e.t.c like a king once the king dies everything Stopped an he must die with The king.
Though this has been abolished it is better being called enslave in it own land like osu in igboland, see the case of a community in enugu being barred from passing through a route or having access to infrastructures enjoy by freeborn for God sake we Re in the 21st century why should a community be rejected.

At a. Point in life human being will die whether rich or poor young or Old .
I prefer to live my life like a king and Die rather live long carry a slavery tag and living in abject poverty
Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by SonofDevil: 10:57am On Aug 15, 2016
betterABIAstate:

It is a chieftancy title not destined to anybody, and an abobaku enjoys same powers,riches wealth, and authority of a king during his reign.he enjoy his life to the fullest.

OSU has not being abolished from reports in enugu lately it means they OSU(slavery system is still on in igboland)

By the way re you one of the OSU on nairaland..??

Cos am a proud afonja and abobakugringrin
Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by betterABIAstate: 11:03am On Aug 15, 2016
SonofDevil:

It is a chieftancy title not destined to anybody, and an abobaku enjoys same powers,riches wealth, and authority of a king during his reign.he enjoy his life to the fullest.

OSU has not being abolished from reports in enugu lately it means they OSU(slavery system is still on in igboland)

By the way re you one of the OSU on nairaland..??

Cos am a proud afonja and abobakugringrin
osu doesn't exist anymore, show us links where OSU is still been practiced

Abaobaku and afonja
Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by betterABIAstate: 11:10am On Aug 15, 2016
Meanwhile when we call you people afonja, we don't mean it's Yoruba meaning, we call you the Igbo version afonja which mean "bad belle"

Just like obasanjo means "deep ugliness" in igbo

1 Like

Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by ArmedRobber: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2016
betterABIAstate:

My problem with u OSUs on nairaland always living in denial,
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/enugu-community-at-war-over-slavery/#disqus_thread

Even though osu people like you re hiding the truth the truth it has already being revealed by the freeborn here re some screen shots of the comments. On the. News vanguard april 2016.

With the news and comments it is. An undeniable facts. That OSU system is in igboland.

I suspect u re. An OSU cos they way u re trying to twist the fact.

Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by betterABIAstate: 12:08pm On Aug 15, 2016
ArmedRobber:

My problem with u OSUs on nairaland always living in denial,
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/enugu-community-at-war-over-slavery/#disqus_thread

Even though osu people like you re hiding the truth the truth it has already being revealed by the freeborn here re some screen shots of the comments. On the. News vanguard april 2016.

With the news and comments it is. An undeniable facts. That OSU system is in igboland.

I suspect u re. An OSU cos they way u re trying to twist the fact.
I didn't see where the word OSU was mentioned in the article, it's just an intercommunity clash, do you know what OSU means at all?
Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by SonofDevil: 11:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
betterABIAstate:
I didn't see where the word OSU was mentioned in the article, it's just an intercommunity clash, do you know what OSU means at all?
stop living in denial go and read the comments of ur brothers in the screen shot.

Who doesn't know meaning of OSU is slavery which is on the headline of vanguard news.
Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by ArmedRobber: 11:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
betterABIAstate:

LIAR read this screenshot at least speak truth for once.
No doubt osu means slavery just like vanguard have it on their headline.

Re: AFONJA Is A Warrior Name Who Re Those Being Refered To As OSU In Igboland.? by SonofDevil: 11:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
betterABIAstate:

Yes intercommunity class between FREEBORN and SLAVES(OSU)

(1) (Reply)

The Dos And Don'ts Of The USA National Anthem / Unique Guide To Traditional Marrige Rite Of Tiv People In Benue State / hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.