Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba (8553 Views)

FIRS Seals Four Firms Over Tax Debt Of N630m / FIRS Shuts Firms In Warri, Lagos, Ilorin Over Unpaid Taxes / FIRS Seals Ifeanyi Ubah’s Capital Oil Company In Efforts To Curb Tax Evasion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by spartacus11(m): 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2016
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) tax enforcement exercise resumed on Monday in Lagos, Abuja, Asaba and Onitsha.

In Abuja, the first company sealed by the FIRS enforcement team, led by Chinazo Edeh, was Urban Shelter Limited, a property development firm, located in Shippers Plaza in the Wuse Zone 5 Area of Abuja.

The company is owing N637 million in arrears of taxes accumulated from 2008 to 2016.

Mohammed Sanni, Tax Liason Officer of Urban Shelter, said the company has submitted a payment plan which was yet to be approved to FIRS.

The leader of the enforcement team however said the company must pay at least 50 per cent of its tax liabilities to avoid its premises being sealed.

The company was subsequently sealed as the managers could not make the payment.

In Lagos, the FIRS enforcement team, led by Anita Erinne, shut the premises of Venro Energy Limited, situated at 250b, Ikorodu Crescent on Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, over a tax debt of N29million. Also sealed was the office of Enegas, situated at 14 Oladipo Diya Street, 2nd Avenue Estate in Ikoyi.

A woman, who attended to the enforcement team, caused a mild drama, when she said the company is owning because it does not have money to pay the N15million debt being owed.. Leader of the team told her to instruct staff to vacate their offices within 10 minutes. The woman, however, refused to vacate her own office, telling FIRS officials that they were being unfair. She eventually agreed to leave her office and the company was shut at about 2:50pm.

In Asaba, the FIRS sealed the premises of Davnotch Nigeria Limited failure to meet its tax obligations over four years. The FIRS team, led by Ruth Mandeun, wielding a warrant of distraint, ordered the staff to vacate the premises.

Tax arrears owed by Davnotch Nigeria Limited between 2011 and 2015 is N34.5million, comprising Company Income Tax, Education Tax, Withholding Tax and Late Return Tax.
The few workers in the office made unsuccessful attempts to contact the Managing Director and top management staff, who were absent during the operation.

https://www.thecable.ng/firs-seals-firms-abuja-lagos-asaba-n715m-unpaid-taxes

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by mhizAnnie(f): 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2016
Ftc!!!
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by spartacus11(m): 11:29pm On Aug 15, 2016
company should endeavour to pay their tax, we complain about lack of infrastructure, but we don't fulfil our own part as citizens. It Pays to pay your TAX

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by clydedaniels(m): 7:54am On Aug 16, 2016
Hope my company no follow undecided

1 Like

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by searchng4love: 7:55am On Aug 16, 2016
Seal innoson too...just complete the cycle
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by veekid(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2016
FIRS! !!!those pple dey chop money,

1 Like

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by LORDI(m): 7:55am On Aug 16, 2016
Sealing companies in this harsh economy?.. more PEOPLE losing jobs daily, while the government is making little or no effort in creating jobs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by LMAyedun(m): 7:56am On Aug 16, 2016
Tax payers' money that Buhari and his cohort are still wasting and pocketing daily.
Wasting our money to go find oil in Northern Nigeria, when we should invest such in diversification of our fainting economy.

APC is just a big scam jor!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by ezechueze(m): 8:00am On Aug 16, 2016
Hmm
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 16, 2016
My heart goes out to the employees caught in this cross fire

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by snazzy5050(m): 8:02am On Aug 16, 2016
we pay this peeps monthly..... most painful part is the tax been payed doesn't benefit anybody rather than their pockets sad

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by LMAyedun(m): 8:02am On Aug 16, 2016
cekhoe:
My heart goes out to the employees caught in this cross fire
How many companies can still pay tax when the Gov't has messed up the Economy.

Adeosun, Dalung, Audu Ogbeh should all resign ASAP.

Agricultural sector flourished so well under Akinwumi Adesina, but Audu Ogbeh is here to mess up everything.

I dey vex I swear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by WebSurfer(m): 8:04am On Aug 16, 2016
I am not understanding this o

The company is owing N637 million in arrears of taxes accumulated from 2008 to 2016.

Tax arrears owed by Davnotch Nigeria Limited between 2011 and 2015 is N34.5million, comprising Company Income Tax, Education Tax, Withholding Tax and Late Return Tax.

How much are they making yearly ?
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by pimpchi(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2016
Abeg who tax don help for this country? We provide electricity ourselves using generators, we provide private security for ourselves from our pockets, we provide water for ourselves too by sinking well and borehole... We contribute money to work on our roads especially Street roads, we seek medical treatment abroad cos of poor health facilities . So tell me what have we gained by paying tax? Only God can help us.

13 Likes

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by free2ryhme: 8:05am On Aug 16, 2016
na women lead the squad sha

1 Like

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by tonynickson(m): 8:05am On Aug 16, 2016
FIRS is working tooth n nail to revitalise the economy. Which is gud. Why can't they allow the drivers and the Security guards whoo take most of the major risks benefit from the juicy salaries the staff of Firs are enjoying enjoying monthy. Why can't they boost the pay for the guards and the drivers atlst to mk them feel the milk n honey flowwing down from where they work. Instead of this FIRS rathers owes their guardS even aS they are already contract staff, its jst not fair. U need to see how hungry the securyt guards are in the southeast here. Somtimes they owe the guards up to 3months before they wil start paying them one month after the other that's not fair at all.. Jst my observation. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by free2ryhme: 8:06am On Aug 16, 2016
see as women dey weld sealing notice
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by rita25(f): 8:08am On Aug 16, 2016
urban shelter with all una expensive estate for Abuja una no fit meet una tax obligations abi? shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 16, 2016
They are going to stifle companies out of business. The sooner we are rid of these lagos school of economics the better
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by yomalex(m): 8:11am On Aug 16, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by Ijaya123: 8:12am On Aug 16, 2016
LMAyedun:
Tax payers' money that Buhari and his cohort are still wasting and pocketing daily.
Wasting our money to go find oil in Northern Nigeria, when we should invest such in diversification of our fainting economy.

APC is just a big scam jor!

What a piece of crap. Nairaland need to start using age restriction on this forum.

8 Likes

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by LMAyedun(m): 8:16am On Aug 16, 2016
Ijaya123:

What a piece of crap. Nairaland need to start using age restriction on this forum.
Old man, you can't understand what we are talking about.. this is 2016, wake up.
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 16, 2016
LMAyedun:

Agricultural sector flourished so well under Akinwumi Adesina, but Audu Ogbeh is here to mess up everything.

I dey vex I swear.
this Christmas go tough ehen!
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by d33jy85: 8:30am On Aug 16, 2016
Bullsh*t why would any sane person pay tax in 9ja they will just chop and share d moni the tax they have collected where does it go to?? They can't give account of d small 1 wey dem get. So if by mistake they collect all d tax moni wahala go dey

1 Like

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by LastProphet: 8:38am On Aug 16, 2016
Ijaya123:

nairaland will be a teenage site in less than 2 years from now - quote me
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by NORSIYK(m): 8:39am On Aug 16, 2016
searchng4love:
Seal innoson too...just complete the cycle

Afonjas are filled with hatred.
Tufiakwa [b]
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by searchng4love: 8:43am On Aug 16, 2016
NORSIYK:

Afonjas are filled with hatred.
Tufiakwa [b]
Mkpi
Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by mrvitalis(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2016
LMAyedun:

I dey vex I swear.
Do u even know how tax is calculated??
How can u be tax if u don't have the money??

Please get ur self little education

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by Ijaya123: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2016
LMAyedun:
Old man, you can't understand what we are talking about.. this is 2016, wake up.

Your post is bereft of proper reasoning. Just baseless sentiment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by 4dor: 9:11am On Aug 16, 2016
NL is now a hub of foolish people. How can any right thinking person defend tax defaulters?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIRS Seals Firms In Abuja, Lagos, Asaba by Jarus(m): 9:17am On Aug 16, 2016
This is what I fear most as a Tax Professional.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help!!! It Seems Fidelity Bank Is Trying To Dupe Me Of My 107,000 Naira / Can I Send Money Abroad From Nigeria, Through Western Union / NAIRALAND BUSINESS SCHOOL: Providing You With Free Business Strategies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.