Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal (43009 Views)

Usain Bolt Stripped Off Olympic Gold Medal / Morolake Akinosun Won Gold Medal For USA / Usain Bolt Retains His 100m Gold Medal At Rio Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by ProYouServiceUK: 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
It is really a shame, that she fell. Her victory is now being attributed to diving and her win is somehow tainted.
But in all probability, the reason she fell is because her legs gave way and she was totally spent and would likely have just lost the race if she stayed on her feet.

So in my eyes she is the gold medalist but most people believe the real winner is Felix the silver medallist.

This may prompt a rule change; perhaps something that says that to be consider a winner your foot must be the first part of your body to touch the track beyond the finishing line (in addition to your torso being the first to cross the finishing line)

1 Like

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by ProYouServiceUK: 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
I feel for Allyson Felix on this , she also lost a third place in the US 200m trials to another runner who fell across the line.
ProYouServiceUK:
It is really a shame, that she fell. Her victory is now being attributed to diving and her win is somehow tainted.
But in all probability, the reason she fell is because her legs gave way and she was totally spent and would likely have just lost the race if she stayed on her feet.
So in my eyes she is the gold medalist but most people believe the real winner is Felix the silver medallist.
This may prompt a rule change; perhaps something that says that to be consider a winner your foot must be the first part of your body to touch the track beyond the finishing line (in addition to your torso being the first to cross the finishing line)

1 Like

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by nonjebose(m): 1:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
anitank:
Just like scoring an offside goal in a footbal pitch, diving on finish line in racing should not be allowed. To make it a fair race, the foot which touches the last line first should be declared the winner otherwise people would start diving into finish line from 100 meters behind
Hahahaha dive to finish line from 100m behind, trying to imagine it! But your point is valid. Athletes will no longer think twice before diving (flying) across the line. They may start employing diving instructors. Am a good diving instructor btw

2 Likes

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Perfectionist11: 1:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
Lol...that'll be remembered 4eva as "THE GOLDEN DIVE"..you go girl.
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Decryptor(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
Vanquay16:
Dipshít. Allyson Felix lost the 200m us trials to a diver and now the 400m gold to a diver. This needs to be banned.

Only sore losers dive.

The rules of the olympics track event is that any part of your body that crosses the finishing line first wins. Even if you are at the starting line and your opponent is already at the finish line but your hair is as long as the track and you whip it across the track and it passes the finish before your opponent, you have won!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by damon222: 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2016
Oche211:
After months or even year s of training, any legal means of winning the gold medal is allowed.
I dey tell you. Provided the act is considered legal. That is all. According to the lady, she had that great intention for wining a gold and suddenly she found herself diving. Wonders shall never end.
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by guyXander(m): 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
Milllz:
What kind of silly story is that. You had to wait to get to the finish line before you supposedly 'FELL'. Find a better lie.

I don't see any difference between this and diving in soccer, there should be consequences.

*modified
I think mother nature is telling me I need to upgrade my IQ.
Mother nature is right.
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Safari29: 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
this is cheating though.

1 Like

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by playboy19(m): 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
This needs to be discouraged outrightly, else it'll create something that will forever make the sport full of cheats and tricks

1 Like

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
Decryptor:

The rules of the olympics track event is that any part of your body that crosses the finishing line first wins. Even if you are at the starting line and your opponent is already at the finish line but your hair is as long as the track and you whip it across the track and it passes the finish before your opponent, you have won!
hahahaha LMAO bro you no go kill me ; shocked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
Decryptor:

hahahaha LMAO bro you no go kill me with laugh ; shocked grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by DonBobes(m): 3:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
I luv things like this!
Determination is all that matters.
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by TheSociopath(m): 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
Oche211:
After months or even year s of training, any legal means of winning the gold medal is allowed.

Oga, you have just sopken the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Eazie351(m): 4:22pm On Aug 16, 2016
Na somersault remain nw

1 Like

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by kingofthejungle(m): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
I was actually thinking If this was possible yeaterday
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Chukzyfcb(m): 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
anitank:
Just like scoring an offside goal in a footbal pitch, diving on finish line in racing should not be allowed. To make it a fair race, the foot which touches the last line first should be declared the winner otherwise people would start diving into finish line from 100 meters behind
it was a legal move. whether its fair or not us up to you but according to the rules, she cant be found wanting.
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Chukzyfcb(m): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
i can bet most of you commenting didn't watch the race. well I did and that don't look like the typical dive you would see in a football or rugby match. according to the replays she just fell on the ground gasping for air. how can someone who planned to dive , be seen gasping for breathe instead of rising up immediately to celebrate her victory. most of you should go watch the highlight to understand better.
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by 1by1(m): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
Not everybody can endevour to do wat she did 'Pretty brave of her'. Not 2 think of d hard and rough nature of d track wc is to be compare to the skin of an Elephant .. Congrat jor.
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by charlesucheh(m): 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2016
Omo!!, this one dey Vex oooO!! She be like ibi la ma kusi!!!!

1 Like

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by alexie4real(m): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
gisco200:
Nice one, she remind me what i did last month in NDA Kaduna, congrats
nigga tell me wetin u do na
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Joygalore(f): 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2016
Diving should be banned undecided

This is a slap to us angry
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by TheTega(m): 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2016
Diving in athletics is completely legal
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Abasanto(m): 11:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
congrats jare....that's the best option u took to earn ursef what u always desired 10 kudos
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by mikolo80: 1:52am On Aug 17, 2016
FvckShiT:
Is that fùcking allowed?

Fùcking congrats to you...

You dived to success
way and manner
Way and manner
Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by mikolo80: 1:55am On Aug 17, 2016
Vanquay16:
Dipshít. Allyson Felix lost the 200m us trials to a diver and now the 400m gold to a diver. This needs to be banned.

Only sore losers dive.
who hold Felix. Who say make she sef no dive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal by Emeka71(m): 5:58am On Aug 17, 2016
I've noticed that diving is now the order of the day in this Rio.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-Super Eagles Vs Kogi: Yahaya Bello Scores In A 1-1 Draw (Photos) / God Punished Mohamed Salah With Injury For Breaking His Fast – Islamic Preacher / Kelechi Iheanacho Mocks Chelsea By Hawking F.A Cup - Who Go Buy Cup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.