Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,034 members, 7,821,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? (29532 Views)

41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers / Nigeria, China Currency Swap Forces USD Rate Down: Bureau De Change Association (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Mekky2010: 11:35am On Aug 16, 2016
Just months ago, Nigerian media space was saturated with stories of Buhari reaching epic agreement that will turn the fortune of collapsing our naira, he equally signed every imaginable infrastructure deals.

4 months after, we ve moved to budget padding and Boko Haram video.

Since our journalists hardly follow up on matters such as this, I am forced to ask, please where are we with all the agreements signed in china, especially the currency swap that made my APC friends spam my mails and phone with Buhari praises.

225 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by DLuciano: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2016
This is a blind and confused government that has nothing to offer but makes big talk with nothing to show at the end just leaving everyone embarrassed.

239 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by veekid(m): 11:58am On Aug 16, 2016
Sign of Obasanjo's confused gesture

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
Fayose the lion of South West wrote a powerful letter to the Chinese government stopping the deal, same way apc wrote letter to USA stopping them from selling arms to gej. What goes around comes around embarassed

173 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Taeewo(m): 2:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
lofty900:
Fayose the lion of South West wrote a powerful letter to the Chinese government stopping the deal, same way apc wrote letter to USA stopping them from selling arms to gej. What goes around comes around embarassed
If u can provide the letter APC wrote to USA, i will dash you #200....

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 27, 2016
Mekky2010:
Just months ago, Nigerian media space was saturated with stories of Buhari reaching epic agreement that will turn the fortune of collapsing our naira, he equally signed every imaginable infrastructure deals.

4 months after, we ve moved to budget padding and Boko Haram video.

Since our journalists hardly follow up on matters such as this, I am forced to ask, please where are we with all the agreements signed in china, especially the currency swap that made my APC friends spam my mails and phone with Buhari praises.

I meant to ask this same question a few days before now, because our importers are still bemoaning the dollar and imported supplies are currently skyrocketing!

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Nobody: 7:05am On Aug 28, 2016
Propaganda from a useless government

114 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ada9103(f): 7:06am On Aug 28, 2016
Its my day.... Hurray ama be on all the topics today

39 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by MrPresident1: 7:06am On Aug 28, 2016
It was a format grin.

They were trying all kinds of coded spiritual experiments including symbolically handing over the woman to Moab. But it is not written that Moab will be the one to feed the woman, this is the duty of the serpent (now rather than feed her, the serpent is impoverishing her).

So the deal failed grin

7 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 28, 2016
Taeewo:
If u can provide the letter APC wrote to USA, i will dash you #200....
what proof do you need when you were there apc was crying genocide against Nigerian army under gej

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 7:07am On Aug 28, 2016
Simple, the deal was all a scam ...

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Heromaniaa: 7:07am On Aug 28, 2016
Odimegwu Ojukwu once said that The term coit.us interruptus best describes policies in Nigeria. It is a sexual term where the man withdraws at climax and pours his juice outside the woman to avoid impregnation . In Nigeria, from the onset, whenever we seem to be getting it right, whenever we seem to have reached the climax, we withdraw and pour it all away. We are all smoke and no fire, all bark and no bite, all Motion and no movement. A wretched Third World wasteland

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by timijoseph01(m): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2016
Lol... APC are full of comedians

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by mumumugu(m): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2016
china no gree again

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Ishopbest: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2016
There was no deal between both countries in the first place

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by kaen1317: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2016
APC propaganda and an excuse for PMB's enjoyment things around the world. So much for crashing the value of the dollar.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by acecarter(m): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2016
There is something I read some time, it said & I quote "when there's another big news on the media, think of what they are trying to distract you from."
Secondly I don't see any reasonable person that still takes this administration serious anymore . They are experts in failure.

. It's good to be on fp again after so many years!

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by ANewUser: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2016
Just another scam.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Dannieln1: 7:08am On Aug 28, 2016
Ask the president of the UNITED STATE OF NIGERIA
He is the only person in the right position to give you an answer

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by fa4dmike(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2016
lai Mohammed made the announcement its a scam

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by eph12(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2016
Lol
Na vision 2020

6 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by LastSurvivor: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2016
Buhari is just an embarrassment to the country.
meanwhile, how do you expect someone who has never ventured in any enterprise all his life to make a reasonable deal. Banana can never produce apple..

China is a serious country, they know that nothing good can come out of such a stack illiterate dullard..
Truth must be told, buhari shouldn't be a president but EFCC chairman.. Simple..

129 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by victorazy(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2016
Nigerians should respect Fayose.
FG went to borrow money which was foiled, not currency swap.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by erodas77(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2016
They are playing with thier farthers'head. SCAM GOV.

5 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Temitope223(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2016
Processing till forever

5 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 28, 2016
Dead on arrival, like every other thing involving this government.
How about the dividends of all those foreign trips

iBeg who get umbrella it's been raining here since yesterday and I wan go church cool

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by jaywhoco(m): 7:09am On Aug 28, 2016
It metamorphosed...a person who can lie to you once can lie to you again and again

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by Olulinks(m): 7:10am On Aug 28, 2016
It's just one of the APC scam and nothing more. So, bro nor worry yourself about it. Nothing has and will come out of it. It's just like the chibok gels matter, all na scam.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by aminho(m): 7:10am On Aug 28, 2016
lofty900:
show me the letter and i will send you 1500 mtn

5 Likes

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by HAH: 7:10am On Aug 28, 2016
It baffles me too that this very good idea that will reduce some pressure on the Naira has not yet been implemented, I still believe the deal has been made but is being delayed by some bureaucratic bottleneck within the Nigerian civil service as usual..

The greatest bottleneck and hiccup in business in Nigeria is the civil service and their corruption most likely someone has been paid by geedy beneficiaries of dollar scarcity to delay the deal.

Another reason may be the slow nature of Buhari, though his intentions are very good to be frank he is very slow, the word hit the ground running is strange to Buhari, imagine how long it took him to appoint his cabinet and just imagine till today no replacement for James ocholi that died several months ago thereby short changing Kogi people.

Another reason may be from the Chinese it self, they may given it a second though and are frustrating it deliberately among reason they may do that is they realize they need dollars in their economy.

Another reason may be the Almighty USA may have threatened Nigeria not to go ahead with it, because going on with the deal means making the US dollars less attractive in Nigeria and the moment that succeeds in the Nigeria other african nations can follow suit, thereby making the dollar irrelevant, also there is a cold war between the west and the east(ie china and russia) so there may be an economy war being by the superpower and Nigeria is the battle ground.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Happened To Nigeria China Currency Swap Deal? by sassiemyk: 7:10am On Aug 28, 2016
sincerely I don't seem to understand what APC wants with Nigeria. even when they knw they have failed themselves and all other living thing in Nigeria, Buhari still holds on to power.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks Start Penalizing Customers Who Withdraw "Excess" Cash / Thanks To Nairaland My Money Was Sorted. / Nestlé Unveils N4.1bn Milo RTD Factory In Ogun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.