Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". (910 Views)

Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog ‘buhari’ - Vanguard / Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog ‘buhari’ / Trader Arrested For handling A Female Customer's Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by emekatimsu(m): 4:30am On Aug 17, 2016
A 30-year-old trader has been arrested by the police in Ogun state for naming his pet dog 'Buhari.'
The trader, Joe Fortemose Chinakwe, of No 10, Omikunle Street, Sango-Ota, Ogun State, was reportedly arrested last weekend, after one of his neighbours of Northern extraction complained bitterly that he named his dog after his father, Alhaji Buhari.
Vanguard learned that the complainant reported the case at Sango Police Station, last Saturday, after which the trader was arrested and detained.
However, it was gathered that efforts by the police to recover the dog, which they intended using as evidence failed following a clever move by the suspect.
The trader, said to be trading in female wears at a popular market in Sango, allegedly directed his friends secretly to kill the dog and possibly eat the meat in order to avoid being implicated. It was gathered that consistent appeals by his friends and relations for the police to grant him bail failed as the complainant and his kinsmen reportedly threatened to kill the trader if he was released on bail.
Trader denied bail
The case, however, took a different dimension two days later when Chinakwe’s relatives went to Sango police station to further plead for his bail only to be informed that the case file and the suspect have been transferred to Ogun State Police Command headquarters at Eleweran.
A relation to the suspect, who simply identified himself as Chiedozie, told Vanguard that his brother was being persecuted for no just cause and expressed fears that he may either be poisoned inside police cell or thrown into jail.
Chiedozie said: “Chinakwe is a lover of dogs and he names them after things that tickle him. He bought this dog a year ago and named it Buhari. Unfortunately, some Northerners, who dominate the vicinity where he resides misconstrued his intention and connived to take him up. The complainant then claimed it was derogatory because his father answers Buhari.”
Police sources, however, told Vanguard that the actions of the suspect “were very provocative.”
The source said: “he not only named the dog Buhari but boldly wrote it on the body of both sides of the dog and was seen parading the neighbourhood dominated by Northerners with it.”
As at press time, relations to the suspect were still making frantic efforts to effect his bail while his accusers are insisting that he must be prosecuted.
Police confirms arrest
When contacted around 8pm yesterday, the acting Police spokesman in Ogun State, Abimbola Oyeyemi, ASP, said he was still trying to get the Divisional Police Officer in-charge of Sango for details.
Oyeyemi later called, stating that: “I have made enquiries. The man bought a dog and inscribed Buhari on both sides of its body. One Mallam lodged a complaint and when our men got there, we found out that it was true. You know such thing can cause serious breach of the peace and ethnic or religious unrest. We are charging him to court for conduct likely to cause a breach of peace.”
Continuing, he said: “He was arrested last Saturday and we are taking him to court later today (Tuesday) or tomorrow morning (today). You know an average Northerner will feel bad over such a thing. It can cause serious ethnic crisis or religious confrontation because when you are relegating such a name to a certain person, you are indirectly insulting him.”
When asked about the whereabouts of the dog that will be used as evidence against the suspect, the police spokesman said: “The dog cannot follow anybody except the owner. We will use him as our evidence because he did not deny it.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/trader-arrested-…g-pet-dog-buhari/ � —
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by Nobody: 4:39am On Aug 17, 2016
And so fu cking what
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by drake2(m): 4:45am On Aug 17, 2016
But I have seen two Rottweilers named after World leaders nah.
The male was named: George Bush. The female was named: Tony Blair.
Na who them arrest?
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:55am On Aug 17, 2016
NPF are just useful in reverse gear..
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by latuntop(m): 5:02am On Aug 17, 2016
Opportunity to arrest my neighbour that named his Dog Lucky. in fact so many people to be arrested, including the op.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by emekatimsu(m): 5:05am On Aug 17, 2016
latuntop:
Opportunity to arrest my neighbour that named his Dog Lucky. in fact so many people to be arrested, including the op.

Arrest for what.
Wetin I do_?
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by tukdi: 5:10am On Aug 17, 2016
grin grin grin Mr. joe nothing will happen to you and "Buhari"! Tell Buhari to come out of hiding! Ogun state is not a northern state!

There is no corroboration between what the complainant and the olopa said! Both parties are strangers to ogun state and none of the parties have any right to threaten each other with fire and brim stone!

God bless GOODLUCK JONATHAN for his humility even when he was highly insulted and stoned by these same northerners and others!!!

***laughing***

Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by Junior66(m): 5:15am On Aug 17, 2016
Buhari- god of the north[img]Buhari- god of the north[/img]Buhari- god of the north
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by latuntop(m): 5:15am On Aug 17, 2016
emekatimsu:

Arrest for what. Wetin I do_?
Because yu didn't put picture to back up this news.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by sarrki(m): 5:20am On Aug 17, 2016
I trust many will not read before commenting .

Chiedozie said: “Chinakwe is a lover of dogs and he names them after things that tickle him. He bought this dog a year ago and named it Buhari. Unfortunately, some Northerners, who dominate the vicinity where he resides misconstrued his intention and connived to take him up. The complainant then claimed it was derogatory because his father answers Buhari.”
Police sources, however, told Vanguard that the actions of the suspect “were very provocative.”
The source said: “he not only named the dog Buhari but boldly wrote it on the body of both sides of the dog and was seen parading the neighbourhood "
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by DIKEnaWAR: 5:25am On Aug 17, 2016
Finally I have decided to raise dogs(not one!). Infact I shall raise as many dogs as there are Nigerian leaders, present and past. I shall name the dogs after them, with their spouses in tow. I shall teach the dogs how to behave well and be better citizens than those I named them after.

In Buhari's case, a tortoise will suffice with a cat as its spouse. That's what he and Aisha represent to me.

Nonsense. Everyone and everything has entered dictator mood in this country since Daura dul.lard came on the scene.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by goldiam(f): 5:28am On Aug 17, 2016
Northerns too dey provoke over minor things. Why they too no go buy dogs if possible goat sef cuz nah that one mumu pass make them name am Biafra.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by goldiam(f): 5:29am On Aug 17, 2016
Aboki too dey provoke over minor things. Why they too no go buy dogs if possible goat sef cuz nah that one mumu pass make them name am Biafra.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by Oche211(m): 5:36am On Aug 17, 2016
drake2:

The male was named: George Bush.
The female was named: Tony Blair.

Na who them arrest?
hehehehehehehe
dis one wrote the name on the two sides of the dog. Imagine
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by uwagimboo: 5:36am On Aug 17, 2016
What rubbish is this, what is wrong in naming a dog Buhari

Does Chinakwe have any business with the father of the man complaining..

Are Dogs not named Lucy Have any Lucy challenged Dog owners.

If u claim he inscribed Buhari on the Dog, pls let us see the dog or nobody in that vicinity has a cheap China camera phone to ve taken the pinshure of the dog?

What kind of abusive system of govt is this
Nigerian Police is the most useless set of institution in the world, if uselessness is a game at the Olympics, we would be topping USA on the medal table..
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by Oche211(m): 5:36am On Aug 17, 2016
goldiam:
Aboki too dey provoke over minor things. Why they too no go buy dogs if possible goat sef cuz nah that one mumu pass make them name am Biafra.
confirm.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by sweetilicious(f): 5:41am On Aug 17, 2016
This kind of extreme inequality we experience in the hands of northerners is totally not cool. If some people call for secession now, you will keep hearing ONE NIGERIA.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:46am On Aug 17, 2016
drake2:

The male was named: George Bush.
The female was named: Tony Blair.

Na who them arrest?

Continue the lie ok
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by Flexherbal(m): 5:47am On Aug 17, 2016
Hmmmmmm.
I have seen many dogs with human names.
Re: Trader Arrested For Naming Pet Dog "Buhari". by Mynd44: 5:47am On Aug 17, 2016

(1)

Are You All Ready To Die, School Bus Driver Asked Pupils Before Crash / 6 Cases Of Wrongful Arrests That Will Blow Your Mind / 200level Student Of Lead City University To Die By Hanging For Killing Colleague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.