Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) (8746 Views)

Curious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 8:06am On Aug 20, 2016
Larrysun, the nice piece creator, please complete the story of Basket n Blackie

1 Like

Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by whitecloth: 10:18am On Aug 20, 2016
FOLLOWING
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by Anijay1212(m): 10:25am On Aug 20, 2016
Following.
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by Santi222(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
Whilst you are a fine story teller and a good writer, I must confess that I find the literary style used in this story rather archaic... It belongs to an era long past and was the normal mode of communicating via writing and speaking, then.... The era of Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie.....You are experienced, and I know you are trying to create a writing style of your own..... Peculiar to the name, LarrySun......I advice you create a style more appreciable and relevant to today's audience, else the essence of the story would be lost in all those big words.... And its soooooo easy to make grammatical blunders with them! I detected and overlooked a few here, knowing the effort you had to put in before being able to use them!

Kudos....keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by benzics(m): 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
Santi222:
Whilst you are a fine story teller and a good writer, I must confess that I find the literary style used in this story rather archaic... It belongs to an era long past and was the normal mode of communicating via writing and speaking, then.... The era of Arthur Conan Doyle and Agatha Christie.....You are experienced, and I know you are trying to create a writing style of your own..... Peculiar to the name, LarrySun......I advice you create a style more appreciable and relevant to today's audience, else the essence of the story would be lost in all those big words.... And its soooooo easy to make grammatical blunders with them! I detected and overlooked a few here, knowing the effort you had to put in before being able to use them!

Exactly, as if you read my thoughts... Not everyone would understand this
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by Kusibe77(m): 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
sits besides his dico
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by Opeoluwa99(f): 3:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
Keep up the good work sir grin

We dey your back gidi gba
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by OMA4U(m): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
Larry!!!
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by LarrySun(m): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2016
Part 3 of 3 - The Absolute Conclusion

The innocent driver had established his esteem deeply rooted into the earth of rationality as he launched his narratives, and so expressively detailed his befuddlement over the malfunctioned brake pedal. He strongly asserted that he had serviced the vehicle just the previous day, and he had particularly ensured that every part of the car was in impeccant state. Surely, someone must have put his fingers to work under the vehicle. And such suspicion, logically, birthed a graver inkling of foul-play which, however, bore the focus on motives – someone must have wanted the master and his mistress terminated.

The rainbow of absurdity was the evidence of the deluge of conspiracy that had already sufficed. And so the investigators had been forced to radically trace the origin of such scheme. There, lodged in the entrails of the condemned wheeler was a little mechanical tool that should have rested in Boda Meko’s box. Therefore, without further ado, the detectives caught the loose wire dangling from the oesophagus of the iron steed; a wire which should have rightly attached itself to the lone pedal. This became the revelation which demolished the solid conundrum that erected the mysterious house of cards.

Further disclosures maintained the symbol of some of the deadly sins: Lust, Envy and Wrath. Boda Meko had allowed himself be annointed by a drop of oil from the bottle of self-destruction; he had been overcome by a little complex of the famed Oedipus. As a matter of certainty, the young man had been smitten, unfortunately, by the seven common vice. With a testimony by the master’s mistress, the tree of deduction bore a final fruit.

Boda Meko had nursed a particular sickness as someone of high libido and constant gonadal twinges towards his master’s volumptous lover. He knew the dangerous path on which he was making an exodus of lust, but his affection assumed the role of a stubborn compass; he was so considerably blinded by lasciviousness towards the woman that he was willing to do anything to have a romp with her, even if it meant sacrificing his master. Where is the strength? How brave are we? What weapon do we use to defend ourselves – when the warrior of lust attacks?

Casting dignity to the winds of oblivion, Boda Meko engaged in a new venture of seduction, but the lady considered his advances as terribly revolting and abominable, and indeed cautiously sent the man with the raging hormones to Coventry. Depressed by the agony of unrequited lust, he succumbed himself to callous intentions birthed by raw jealousy. Possessed by blind rage for being turned down, he gave a firm vow that no human would do if he didn’t have the lady. Selfishly, he deftly assaulted the machanisms of his boss’ Toyota, having the prior knowledge of his master’s plan to take his paramour on a love cruise. So Boda Meko had had an insane expectation of later gazing at the obituaries of his master and his lover. Unfortunately, timing took an awkward route; Boda Meko had arrived at a rash conclusion that his boss would use the vehicle early the next day, but that was far from being the case.

At noon, when it was duly evident to him that his master and the lady had met their ends, Boda Meko found the world utterly unliveable, and so he acknowledged a suicidal mien. Surely, if he could not have the charming lady in this life, she would be his in the nether. Having this ridiculous theory firmly stamped in the depth of his damaged mind, he guided his own feet to the junction of doom.

In comparison of time, the detectives successfully determined that the time Boda Meko perched himself upon the hard floor of the tarred junction was the moment his master and the lady mounted the iron steed already doctored to crash and bake them alive. Thus the unravelling, or rather the un-unravelling, of the mystery casting a gloom on the extraordinary death of Boda Meko.

Right there, by the careful assessment of expositions, the sleuths melded their ideas and arrived at an absolute conclusion:

Boda Meko killed himself, but he did not do it directly; and the master killed his apprentice, but he did not do it directly, it was with the help of the same apprentice – Boda Meko himself.

The End
© Larry Sun, August 2016
larrysundynasty@gmail.com

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by horlawharley(m): 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
Nice one larrysun....very short one indeed
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
This is a curious case indeed, karma is truly a b!tch gringringrin

Boda Meko got served, if you ask me [size=2]nobody asked me sha[/size] grin

Nice one larrysun smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by pelvicky(m): 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
Genius!
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by NikitaNike(f): 3:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
OBSESSION
A terible thing
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 10:22pm On Aug 21, 2016
Larry, wow; I've seen this since the day you created this thread but I've been rendered speechless most times. Every time, I try to practice what to say but I've always been dumbstruck. Really, Larry, you rock. Thank you very much for this. If I still wanted a mentor in an incarnated form, I'd readily chose you. Honestly, you've wowed me and, against my currently feeble will, will put me back in practice. Thank you, sir. Be blessed

2 Likes

Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by ibolomo(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2016
Santi222:

I have read three of his literary works and I can say that this is not his usual style of writing. I guess he is testing waters with this new style and I can say that so far, I love it. You should take time to read "a coffin of errors (a short story)" and "The Brand of Cain" by LarrySun. They will get you hooked on him for life. Trust me, I am talking from experiecnce.

3 Likes

Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by dynamo77(m): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2016
Oh larry!!
You never cease to astound with your literary dexterity.. Another nice piece

God bless you sir
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by Pdizzle(m): 8:46am On Aug 25, 2016
Wow, i love this.
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by yorhmienerd(m): 10:27pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nice 1
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by ritababe(f): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
lol a curious case indeed, give us long story Sir.
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by LarrySun(m): 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
ritababe:
lol a curious case indeed, give us long story Sir.
There is a long story going on. It's titled Black Maria.
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by classbooks: 5:15am On Oct 09, 2016
LarrySun:
There is a long story going on. It's titled Black Maria.
larrysun,give me a call or whatsapp me.......av got a work for u. 08151548765
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by DRISKLEF(m): 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
classbooks:
larrysun,give me a call or whatsapp me.......av got a work for u. 08151548765

Larrysun where art thou?
Has he called you, bro?

Hmmmm.
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by classbooks: 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
DRISKLEF:

Larrysun where art thou?
Has he called you, bro?

Hmmmm.
Yea sure......thanks bro, we are cool
Re: The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) by TheBlessedMAN: 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2017
Larrysun the absolute boss. You are mekolically mouthed bro. Weldone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apply For 9mobile Prize For Literature 2018 / A Very Short Christian Story: "Talitha Cumi" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola / Is “Things Fall Apart” Really Chinua Achebe's Best Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.