Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico (6875 Views)

Samuel Thompson-Mba, UNN Best Graduating Student In The 45th Convocation / Mariam Abbas: ATBWU Best Graduating Student / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by AloyEmeka9: 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2009
A Nigerian, Okebe Jarius-Onwoke, is best graduating student at Alliant International University, Mexico
By Joe Ezuma, Reporter, Port Harcourt

A Nigerian, Okebe Jarius-Onwoke, has emerged the overall best graduating student at the Alliant International University, Mexico. Jairus-Onwoke from Benue State, was of the Department of International Business Studies and was honoured with "Cum laude award",by the management of the institute.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/sep/27/406.html

According to online message to Sunday Independent, Jarius-Onwoke was the first African to win such since the foundation of the school over two decades ago.

The Nigerian Ambassador to Mexico, Lawrence Nwuruku, who was guest of honour during an event to honour Jarius-Onwoke, described as fulfilling the record of the young Nigerian.

Nwuruku with concurrent accreditation to Panama, Guatemala and Costa Rica, described education as the paramount for the growth a nation and its government.

E-mail Article Printable version Most Popular
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by trekkie: 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2009
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by bawomolo(m): 11:22pm On Sep 27, 2009
why should cnn carry the news?
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by AloyEmeka9: 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2009
bawomolo:

why should cnn carry the news? 

Because it's rare for Nigerians to choose Mexico of all places for tertiary education. My cousin studied pharmacy in Brazil though.
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by Nchara: 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2009
He got a Cum Laude (70%) in Mexico, a developing country (with relatively lower quality), and it became hot news. I got a Magna Cum Laude (85%) in Europe (this is true) and I consider myself not so hot, since I did not make a Summa cum laude (the highest grade). When will Nigerians stop being mediocres and celebrating second rate?
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by MrCrackles(m): 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2009
trekkie:

this is good. cnn no go carry this one. only negative news. perhaps someone should alert madam rebrander?
When Nigeria is in the news a million more times for similar reasons as this one, then CNN can be prompted. . . cheesy
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by DisGuy: 11:40pm On Sep 27, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Because it's rare for Nigerians to choose Mexico of all places for tertiary education. My cousin studied pharmacy in Brazil though.

CNN Really? How exactly does it concern 250million americans who cant locate Nigeria on the surface of the earth?

Why aren't the local stations running with this, AIT,NTA etc etc they are busy showing us madam dora's wedding

big Kudos to the guy/girl  cool
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by MrCrackles(m): 11:42pm On Sep 27, 2009
Nchara:

He got a Cum Laude (70%) in Mexico, a developing country (with relatively lower quality), and it became hot news. I got a Magna Cum Laude (85%) in Europe (this is true) and I consider myself not so hot, since I did not make a Summa cum laude (the highest grade). When will Nigerians stop being mediocres and celebrating second rate?
Maybe CNN or AIT should carry this perhaps undecided
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by trekkie: 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2009
and if they feel nigerian news is important enough to send a reporter to the niger delta in nigeria i might add, to cover kidnappings,millitancy etc, i think they can cover something positive about the country happening in their own backyard.
granted the story has limited appeal but it will help to boost a positive image of the nation that is why i added that madam rebrander be alerted. we all know the power of the media.
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by AloyEmeka9: 11:46pm On Sep 27, 2009
Dis Guy:

CNN Really? How exactly does it concern 250million americans who cant locate Nigeria on the surface of the earth?

Why aren't the local stations running with this, AIT,NTA etc etc they are busy showing us madam dora's wedding

big Kudos to the guy/girl  cool

CNN internal no dey? . Don't mind me jare. The CNN request was funny. Isn't it time for us to make our NTA become popular like CNN so we can strengthen our image using our own media?
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by trekkie: 11:48pm On Sep 27, 2009
MrCrackles:

Maybe CNN or AIT should carry this perhaps undecided

grin hehehehehe ahhh
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by DisGuy: 11:49pm On Sep 27, 2009
trekkie:

and if they feel nigerian news is important enough to send a reporter to the niger delta in nigeria i might add, to cover kidnappings,millitancy etc, i think they can cover something positive about the country happening in their own backyard.
granted the story has limited appeal but it will help to boost a positive image of the nation that is why i added that madam rebrander be alerted. we all know the power of the media.

What happened to our own media, shouldn't they take a break from talking about politicians and some corrupt money bags
they can also take a break from showing us 'society' weddings every weekend!
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by MrCrackles(m): 11:52pm On Sep 27, 2009
trekkie:

grin hehehehehe ahhh
Abi. . . grin
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by bibiking1(m): 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2009
really, would any of you not think CNN was raving if they gave 1 seconds coverage to that piece of news?
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by trekkie: 12:01am On Sep 28, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

CNN internal no dey? . Don't mind me jare. The CNN request was funny. Isn't it time for us to make our NTA become popular like CNN so we can strengthen our image using our own media?
Dis Guy link=topic=329552.msg4622435#msg4622435 dat e=1254091774:

What happened to our own media, shouldn't they take a break from talking about politicians and some corrupt money bags
they can also take a break from showing us 'society' weddings every weekend!
bros i gree. i only mentioned cnn cos of the international nature of the news. not to go off topic but what can they do you saw the thread about the assasinated guardian reporter. apart from that even when there is something newsworthy going on here our pple will prefer to be interviewed by cnn rather than nta. that is a popular complaint by our journalist. i wonder why that is.
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by AloyEmeka9: 12:02am On Sep 28, 2009
Shouldn't we be more worried that this guy left  Nigerian schools  for studies in Mexico?. Are we that bad?. Somebody will soon graduate in Somalia with Egwuofor-Cum- laudae.
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by MrCrackles(m): 12:05am On Sep 28, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Shouldn't we be more worried that this guy left  Nigerians schools  for studies in Mexico?. Are we that bad?. Somebody will soon graduate in Somalia with Egwuofor-Cum- laudae.
Unfortunately we are that bad and as far Egwuofor-Cum-Laude or Mapomeji-Magna-Cum-Laude, we are waiting till it happens! grin
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by SeanT21(f): 12:06am On Sep 28, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Shouldn't we be more worried that this guy left  Nigerians schools  for studies in Mexico?. Are we that bad?. Somebody will soon graduate in Somalia with Egwuofor-Cum- laudae.

~~LMAO~~Anyway, Bless his soul.Congrats to him~~
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Sep 28, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

[size=14pt]Shouldn't we be more worried that this guy left Nigerians schools for studies in Mexico?. Are we that bad?. [/size] Somebody will soon graduate in Somalia with Egwuofor-Cum- laudae.

Roflmao!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by bibiking1(m): 12:16am On Sep 28, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Shouldn't we be more worried that this guy left Nigerian schools for studies in Mexico?. Are we that bad?. Somebody will soon graduate in Somalia with Egwuofor-Cum- laudae.

lol, grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy wink cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by trekkie: 12:18am On Sep 28, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Shouldn't we be more worried that this guy left  Nigerian schools  for studies in Mexico?. Are we that bad?. Somebody will soon graduate in Somalia with Egwuofor-Cum- laudae.
MrCrackles:

Unfortunately we are that bad and as far Egwuofor-Cum-Laude or Mapomeji-Magna-Cum-Laude, we are waiting till it happens! grin
grin grin hehehehehehe aahh
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by AloyEmeka9: 1:49am On Sep 28, 2009
Why una dey laugh. BecomeRich never show una his cum laudae from google earth Canada?
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by SEFAGO(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2009

Agree, but if I say am some idiot would come and start calling me a pompous person. lol
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by phemygee(m): 11:22am On Sep 28, 2009
Thank God Nigerians that succeeds abroad are well recognized. If they had studied here in Nigeria and excelled, nobody would have known these students. Is it a good thing for Nigerians to leave their fatherland and succeeds outside? Yes, but does it really speak well of us, since we can't recognize our own successful students?
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by nethacker(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2009
phemygee:

Thank God Nigerians that succeeds abroad are well recognized. If they had studied here in Nigeria and excelled, nobody would have known these students. Is it a good thing for Nigerians to leave their fatherland and succeeds outside? Yes, but does it really speak well of us, since we can't recognize our own successful students?
u hv spoken well. Let d guy come back here for job,him no go do apt test but his counterparts frm 9ja universities(those wey no get leg) go dey beg ordinary gatemen to gain entrance in2 d exam venue.too Bad embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by Sagamite(m): 2:05am On Sep 29, 2009
SEFAGO:

Agree, but if I say am some idiot would come and start calling me a pompous person. lol

Be careful, son.
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by chiogo(f): 2:16am On Sep 29, 2009
LOL na wa for some people sha. what's with the hating?? shiorr.

As for the question, "Is Nigeria that bad?" or something like that. . .yes it's that bad.
This news is a big deal because it's not easy assimilating into a new environment and coming out at the top of your class with the majority of your classmates
indigenous people of the place. What stopped them from doing better having lived there their whole lives? Abeg joo, it's not mediocrity.
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by SEFAGO(m): 2:32am On Sep 29, 2009
Be careful, son.

haha relax mate, relax, abeg relax

By the way, I told you, I don't have time for you,  grin grin grin, go and slink into your little corner on the internet and FILE (no long thing)
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by SEFAGO(m): 2:38am On Sep 29, 2009
This news is a big deal because it's not[b] easy assimilating into a new environment[/b] and coming out at the top of your class with the majority of your classmates.

I do have to agree, with the culture shock and everything, well not mediocrity persay, but neither excellence. Excellence is Chinua Achebe, non-excellence is the rest of us  wink
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by Sagamite(m): 8:08am On Sep 29, 2009
SEFAGO:

haha relax mate, relax, abeg relax

By the way, I told you, I don't have time for you,  grin grin grin, go and slink into your little corner on the internet and FILE (no long thing)

You really need to cool down.

I met a junior relative of a friend in London who knows you and told me who you are, even your name. So calm down as I now know your level and stop boasting around, as I can spill the beans on your "achievements".  grin
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by SEFAGO(m): 8:47am On Sep 29, 2009
Man, I am actually beginning to get creeped out , with your obssession, if it is a girl, I would not be worried  grin, but if you know me that is fine, a lot of ppl do on nairaland actually, as I said I have bigger concerns rite now, "you spilling the beans" on my so-called achievements is the least of my problems right now, definitely 0 in priority rite now- please do so if you must- undecided, that doesn't mean I wouldn't insult you when u say somethin stupid or disturb me  grin.
Re: A Nigerian Is Best Graduating Student In Mexico by Sagamite(m): 8:51am On Sep 29, 2009
SEFAGO:

Man, I am actually beginning to get creeped out like mess, with your obssession, if it is a girl, I would not be worried grin, but if you know me that is fine, a lot of ppl do on nairaland actually, as I said I have bigger concerns rite now, "you spilling the beans" on my so-called achievements is the least of my problems right now, definitely 0 in priority rite now- please do so if you must- undecided, that doesn't mean I wouldn't insult you when u say somethin stupid or disturb me grin.

Just watch your attitude, little boy. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

University Top 6 Courses That Can Standout In The Face Of Unemployment / Kogi State University Pre-degree And Diploma 2011/2012 Is Out / Yemi Osinbajo To Attend Opening Session Of Law Teachers Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.