Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:15 AM

Roman Polanski Arrested - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Roman Polanski Arrested (853 Views)

Chelsea Boss Roman Abramovich's Daughter Shows Off Sexy Figure In Swimsuit. / The Ostenatious Lifestyle Of Chelsea Owner, Roman Abramovich (pictures) / Nicki Minaj Admits Being Possessed By Demon Spirit (roman) Illuminati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Roman Polanski Arrested by AloyEmeka9: 12:23am On Sep 28, 2009
Roman Polanski Arrested -- Finally
Posted Sep 27th 2009 9:37AM by TMZ Staff
Roman Polanski will not be able to attend the Zurich Film Festival -- which was set to honor him with a lifetime achievement award -- because he got arrested for that whole statutory rape thing he's been fleeing from for the past 30 years.

The famed director was taken into custody by Swiss authorities trying to enter Switzerland yesterday.

Polanski pled guilty in 1977 to having unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor (she was 13) but then fled the United States before he could be sentenced. Polanski has lived in France ever since to avoid being arrested.

There has been no timeline set as to when or if he will be extradited back to the U.S.

UPDATE -- According to Sandi Gibbons, spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County district attorney's office, the U.S. Justice Department worked in conjunction with Swiss authorities in securing the arrest. According to the LA Times, they had come close to arresting Polanski several times over the past decade.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/27/roman-polanski-arrested/
Re: Roman Polanski Arrested by trekkie: 1:01am On Sep 28, 2009
1977 at he would at least 30 yrs old then.shame .and see now when the applause is greatest for this acclaimed film maker na im the crime come wait for am. but swiss authorities sha! them no close the file after all these years.kudos to them. do you think he went deliberately to switzerland to be arrested? he had to know that the warrant for him was still active after all he plead guilty.
Re: Roman Polanski Arrested by AloyEmeka9: 1:09am On Sep 28, 2009
He was 44 then. A 44 year old man sleeping with a 13 year old girl  is an abomination in my books. I am sure he will use lawyers to beat this case. @76, this is the last thing he wants to deal with and he ought to know that Switzerland has extradition agreements with the US unlike France. The abused girl/woman thinks his arrest is ridiculous and they should leave him alone and some people think he probably gave her some money to forgive and forget, after all he is Roman Polanski. I don't know why he didn't run to Naija, even the father of the raped will protect him here for a fee. Coincidentally, Susan Atkins, the lady that murdered his wife(Sharon Tate) died on 24th after staying almost 40 years in prison.
Re: Roman Polanski Arrested by trekkie: 2:20am On Sep 28, 2009
argh! he was 44? then he deserves a more crude and babaric punishment involving his genitals. if the girl/woman says they should leave him alone maybe at the time she agreed to it. stranger things have happened. but something like that money is more likely the motive.

Aloy.Emeka:

b] [font=Lucida Sans ]I don't know why he didn't run to Naija, even the father of the raped will protect him here for a fee.[/b][/font] 

grin grin grin
had no idea his wife was murdered. calculating from the dates. you say atkins had been jailed 40 yrs? he was married when he had sex with that 13 yr old.shameless old goat.
Re: Roman Polanski Arrested by AloyEmeka9: 11:10am On Sep 28, 2009
His wife was murdered in 1969, almost 10 years prior to the rape.
Re: Roman Polanski Arrested by spikedcylinder: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2009
Where's Charles Manson sef? Is he still alive?
Re: Roman Polanski Arrested by trekkie: 5:17am On Sep 29, 2009
ok so they wife was dead by that time coucld that account for his deranged behaviour? i read on yahoo that he will like get off because before the lawyers sort out extradition laws and all that, that this could lead to his freedom.

charles manson? not sure but i hope that he is six feet under. that was one sick guy
Re: Roman Polanski Arrested by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2009
If this man were black the police would have had his ass in jail before the trial and sentence. *Shakes my head at the double standards* America needs to do better.
Re: Roman Polanski Arrested by bawomolo(m): 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Where's Charles Manson sef? Is he still alive?

chilling in jail for the rest of his life.

Ebonyeyes:

If this man were black the police would have had his ass in jail before the trial and sentence. *Shakes my head at the double standards* America needs to do better.

oh STFU, r kelly na oyinbo?
Re: Roman Polanski Arrested by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 11, 2009
bawomolo:

chilling in jail for the rest of his life.

oh STFU, r kelly na oyinbo?
Didnt your mama tell you not to swear at girls? tut tut tut cheesy
Re: Roman Polanski Arrested by mamagee6(f): 10:02pm On Oct 11, 2009
Finally, Justice will soon be served. cool

(1) (Reply)

Madonna Sued For Shakin' Her Groove Thang? / It is now very easy to become a presenter / Send Gifts To Loved Ones This Season With Your Phone : Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.