Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC (2044 Views)

Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos / Uniabuja SUG President “okoye” Suspended For Looting Millions - 9jaflaver / The Polytechnic Ibadan 2017/2018 ND And HND Admission Processing Thread Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by ishowdotgmail(m): 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
The Polytechnic Ibadan Students' Union Government's President, comrade Esho Joseph Oluwatosin, has been impeached!

At the parliament meeting on Wednesday, July 20, 2016, the Student Representatives Council (SRC), through its Disciplinary Committee, Impeached the Students' Union Government's President, comrade Esho Joseph, along with the Treasurer, comrade Adeniran Tolulope Comfort; and gave 4 weeks suspension to the General Secretary, comrade Oladejo .O. Glory.

The president, comrade Esho Joseph, was impeached on the following charges among others:

* Running the Union Unilaterally;

* Embezzling more than two million (N2,000,000) union's fund;

* Violating Students' Union oath of office;

* Insulting and stabbing one Ademarati at the Students' Union Building through an unofficial Chief Security Officer;

* Organizing a program christened 'Koseleri' with a whooping sup of N800,000 without any benefit to the students.

* Transferring one million naira (N1,000,000) to one Mr. Mukaila's GT bank account.

He was given an ultimatum of 92 hours to refund all the money he embezzled. And the SRC, in furtherance, said the Independence Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) would be engaged should the President fails to set matters right by refunding the money before the lapse of the ultimatum.

Following the lapse of the ultimatum, men of the economic of financial crime commission (EFCC) recently stormed the school and arrested the president with another person in connection with the loot.

The Polytechnic Ibadan Press

Cc: Lalasticlala

Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by thesicilian: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Students politics is sometimes worse than what goes on at the national level

1 Like

Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by jaymejate: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
[size=14pt]Hahaha grin
Make dem no release am to do his final exam o.
They collected money from us yet we can't see anything they used it for. Well Op, he is an ex president.
We don do election for another Tenure[/size]

Weytin pain me pass be say, he go use the money to buy Micra grin . It was too plain
Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
Well done oo. FUTURE DASUKI

1 Like

Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
jaymejate:
[size=14pt]Hahaha grin
Make dem no release am to do his final exam o.
They collected money from us yet we can't see anything they used it for. Well Op, he is an ex president.
We don do election for another Tenure[/size]

Weytin pain me pass be say, he go use the money to buy Micra grin . It was too plain

Yea I know u av a new from OTM dept....
Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by Tolexander: 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
thesicilian:
Students politics is sometimes worse than what goes on at the national level
if these SUG excos were given the chance to govern at the national level, they would perform scandalously worse than the politicians!
Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
FUTURE GEJ
Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by power900: 7:23pm On Aug 18, 2016
future "Lucky Igbenedion"
Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by thesicilian: 8:29pm On Aug 18, 2016
Tolexander:
if these SUG excos were given the chance to govern at the national level, they would perform scandalously worse than the politicians!
Exactly. That is why I don't see any hope for this country in the nearest future.
Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by pwettiejay(f): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2016
Everyone wants to eat from the national cake
Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by Sirme411(m): 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nyc1 frm the school Authorities....i tot this issue was goin to be settled d normal way....were he z nt allowed to Graduate untill he Pays the money which looks too soft to me....atleast diz will instill Fear into Edema nd Any oda Future SUG official....
Re: The Polytechnic Ibadan SUG President Arrested By EFCC by jaid23: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
And we agitate and cry for good governance. Where d F** does good governance starts if not from we the youths.. undecided

He shld to jail to serve as a deterrent to others willing/doing same..

Whats now the wailing of youths being the leaders of tomorrow after all? **pissed**

(1) (Reply)

Meet Omotoyosi Craig _nigerian Student Who Won A Prestigious South African Award / UNILAG – University Of Lagos Undergraduate Admission Requirements / I Need Help For My Medical Student Boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.