Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels (5807 Views)

5kva Solar Inverter And 8 Solar Panels SOLD / Calabar Boy Generates Power From Butter Containers & Damaged Solar Panels (Pics) / How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by SolnergyPower: 8:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
Configuration.

a. 3.5kva, 24v Inverter
b. 2 * 165Ah Batteries
c. 4 * 130w Solar Panels
d. 24v Charge Controller

The system is to power a farm house. The major load is a 1.5hp water pumping machine.

See images below.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by SolnergyPower: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
More...

Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by bigtt76(f): 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
What inverter brand and model did you install?
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by SolnergyPower: 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2016
Bluegate 3.5kva 24v.

bigtt76:
What inverter brand and model did you install?
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by Tastemoney(m): 11:04am On Aug 19, 2016
What is the name and the price of the best inverter for installation.
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by DMerciful(m): 2:17am On Aug 21, 2016
This setup seems small to power a pump for appreciable time as may b required in a farm
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by SolnergyPower: 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2016
This is a bit relative, please get someone who is an expert that you can meet in person to make your first few purchases for you.

Also ensure that you buy products that have manufacturer's warranty.

Tastemoney:
What is the name and the price of the best inverter for installation.
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by jt2016(m): 5:30am On Aug 22, 2016
The question is very important.. what is the best inverter to rely upon.. irrespective of its price. To save cost of purchasing separate MPTT charge controller is it advisable to go with an inverter with inbuilt mppt?
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by Debesther: 10:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
Hello expert in the house,
I want a 3.5 KVA solar +battery.
Let's talk
Whatsapp me on - 08074463525
Or email- brightame009@yahoo.com
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by jaz(m): 10:17am On May 14, 2017
How much would it cost to power 2 1hp borehole water pumps round the clock
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by SolnergyPower: 12:22pm On May 14, 2017
Please give a breakdown of how the pumps will work because I doubt if any water pump works round the clock!

jaz:
How much would it cost to power 2 1hp borehole water pumps round the clock

1 Like

Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by jaz(m): 4:09pm On May 14, 2017
True it will work for a few hours a day about 6-7 hours. But I'm trying to have a fail safe system which I can call on anytime I need the power.
SolnergyPower:
Please give a breakdown of how the pumps will work because I doubt if any water pump works round the clock!

Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by SolnergyPower: 8:01pm On May 14, 2017
Options:

a. Solar pump with battery backup at night. You can use this at night and during the day. This is more efficient but most expensive.
b. 3.5KVA 48V inverter plus 8 batteries (4x2). You can use this at night and during the day.
c. 3.5KVA 24V inverter plus 2 batteries. You can use this only in the day. Least expensive.

jaz:
True it will work for a few hours a day about 6-7 hours. But I'm trying to have a fail safe system which I can call on anytime I need the power.
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by greenermodels: 4:26pm On Apr 29
SolnergyPower:
Options:

a. Solar pump with battery backup at night. You can use this at night and during the day. This is more efficient but most expensive.
b. 3.5KVA 48V inverter plus 8 batteries (4x2). You can use this at night and during the day.
c. 3.5KVA 24V inverter plus 2 batteries. You can use this only in the day. Least expensive.

if I have only a single 1.5hp pump, can I use it at night with the c option (3.5kva with only two batteries)?
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by SolnergyPower: 10:47pm On Apr 29
Except it's an emergency and the batteries are fully charged otherwise we won't advise you to.

greenermodels:
if I have only a single 1.5hp pump, can I use it at night with the c option (3.5kva with only two batteries)?

1 Like

Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by greenermodels: 4:35am On Apr 30
SolnergyPower:
Except it's an emergency and the batteries are fully charged otherwise we won't advise you to.

but can 3.5kva with two batteries serve an average Nigerian family?
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by SolnergyPower: 9:52am On May 02
It is the load that's in question and not size of the family.

What do you want to power?

greenermodels:
but can 3.5kva with two batteries serve an average Nigerian family?
Re: Installation Of A 3.5kva Inverter And Its Corresponding Solar Panels by greenermodels: 10:05am On May 02
SolnergyPower:
It is the load that's in question and not size of the family.

What do you want to power?

normal family requirements, mostly fridge, freezer, pumping water, television, microwave, ironing of clothes,home theatre, television etc. No plans of air conditioners for now due to personal reasons but it can change in the future. The planned doesn't have electricity yet but electric pole is less than 2 kilometres away

(1) (Reply)

Information Marketing Business / How To Get 3GB Free Data On Airtel TV / New Methods To Download Youtube, Facebook Videos Using Savefrom.net Helper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.