Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

I Almost Wiped My Phone This Morning..almost - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Almost Wiped My Phone This Morning..almost (634 Views)

Why I Would Not Be Upgrading To A New 2018 Flagship Phone This Year. / How To Win A Gionee Phone This Independence Day / Dear Nairalanders, Help Me Buy A Phone This Fasting Period (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Wiped My Phone This Morning..almost by DesChyko: 8:20am On Aug 19, 2016
I woke up tonight to carry out some downloads on the Airtel Night Browsing Data Plan. I left my phone on last night so when I woke up to a fluctuating mobile data service that goes off for some minutes after it comes on, I suspected the phone had developed a fault. I tried another airtel line in another phone, and it had a stable browsing network and I became convinced that the phone had an issue.

i quickly subbed on the other line and googled what the problem could be. The solutions bordered on 'wipe cache', 'soft reset' and 'factory reset'. I tried the first two but it didn't solve it. I was unwilling to factory reset and lose all my data, and since my device is not rooted, backup to restore was going to be a full time job.

I googled more and came upon this set of solutions whose first step was for me to contact my service providers and confirm that there is no problem at their end. Just then, I remembered that I put 'Airtel' messages on blacklist. On checking it, there was a message stating specifically that there will be an upgrade within the early hours of today, which explains my problem. Choi! What a sigh of relief.

I have since removed Airtel from my blacklist. Shout out to those who experienced the same problems and those prepared to call Airtel a scam this morning. grin

Have you downloaded Google's own video calling app, 'Google Duo'.. It was available for download on google play yesterday. Install and spread the word. It was a nice experience. Available only for Android devices

#WaitingForAllo
Re: I Almost Wiped My Phone This Morning..almost by thecultivateur(m): 8:25am On Aug 19, 2016
Funny how we act when our precious little ware goes coocoo grin Glad you realised that on time though

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Wiped My Phone This Morning..almost by Emmaway(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
DesChyko:
I woke up tonight to carry out some downloads on the Airtel Night Browsing Data Plan. I left my phone on last night so when I woke up to a fluctuating mobile data service that goes off for some minutes after it comes on, I suspected the phone had developed a fault. I tried another airtel line in another phone, and it had a stable browsing network and I became convinced that the phone had an issue.

i quickly subbed on the other line and googled what the problem could be. The solutions bordered on 'wipe cache', 'soft reset' and 'factory reset'. I tried the first two but it didn't solve it. I was unwilling to factory reset and lose all my data, and since my device is not rooted, backup to restore was going to be a full time job.

I googled more and came upon this set of solutions whose first step was for me to contact my service providers and confirm that there is no problem at their end. Just then, I remembered that I put 'Airtel' messages on blacklist. On checking it, there was a message stating specifically that there will be an upgrade within the early hours of today, which explains my problem. Choi! What a sigh of relief.

I have since removed Airtel from my blacklist. Shout out to those who experienced the same problems and those prepared to call Airtel a scam this morning. grin

Have you downloaded Google's own video calling app, 'Google Duo'.. It was available for download on google play yesterday. Install and spread the word. It was a nice experience. Available only for Android devices

#WaitingForAllo
Issokay...
Re: I Almost Wiped My Phone This Morning..almost by duwdu: 8:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
@OP, Google Duo was launched for Android and IOS simultaneously, so it's available on both platforms.

P34c3

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gurus In House, Please Help Me Root My Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime.g530h. 4.4.4 / Help!! My Airtel Bb Subcription Is Not Working / Reason Why Some Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Explodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.