Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 (4043 Views)

Poll: Who Grabs The Three points?

Apeol Fc: 27% (5 votes)
Chelsea: 72% (13 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Midtjylland Fc Vs Manchester United :Europa League (2 - 1) On 18th February 2016 / Liverpool Fc Vs Manchester United (0 - 1) On 17th January 2016 / QPR Vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 12th April 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by mukina2: 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2009
[img]http://www.abacus.com.cy/cache/cfx_imagecr3/4698de5f18d9217db6d212a3f244a7f4.gif[/img] Vs

Not much is known about the team from Cyprus. APOEL are the champions of Cyprus after winning their league pretty comfortably last term, losing just one game all of last season. It does appear that the APOEL manager has brought in some reinforcements over the summer with one of those being a Polish striker by the name of Adrian Sikora. The 29 year old scored a brace at the weekend as APOEL strolled to a 3-0 victory at home to Doxa, and that was the ideal result to take into such a daunting and yet exciting fixture with English giants Chelsea.APOEL have struggled to live up to their champions tag, winning just one of four fixtures this season. That solitary win being their weekend victory at home to Doxa and it could be possible that the players sheer excitement ahead of this fixture spurred them onto their first victory of the season at the weekend. However, prior to that win, APOEL had drawn two on the spin, both being very dull affairs, and when you consider that they spent most of the game with Athletico Madrid on the back foot, it’s clear that APOEL tend to play in a defensive manner in a bid to nick a share of the spoils.

Chelsea’s preparations ahead of this rare trip to Cyprus are far from ideal after they received a big blow when their unbeaten start to the season came crashing to an end on Saturday. Carlo Ancelotti isn’t used to losing at Chelsea, what with Chelsea previously winning every single game under the new management of the former AC Milan gaffer, eight in all, but will their recent defeat away at Wigan Athletic leave the Chelsea players slightly low on confidence and derail the early momentum Chelsea had built up under the Carlo Ancelotti reform.Even with that defeat away at Wigan, Chelsea still find themselves in a prominent position back in the Premiership and, in all fairness, they won’t need to be at their absolute best to beat APOEL. However, for the very first time this season, we started to see chinks in the Chelsea armour. Wigan were rampant at the weekend and they overran a usually enthusiastic Chelsea side. The dismissal of Petr Cech midway through the second half certainly didn’t help their cause but, to be brutally honest, Chelsea didn’t deserve to get anything out of a game they never played well in and Ancelotti must perform his first recovery act of the season. The big worry for Carlo Ancelotti will be the departure of Ashley Cole grin grin grin against Wigan when the England full-back limped off cheesy in the dying minutes of that defeat. grin grin He looks a doubt for this trip to Cyprus and that could mean Branislav Ivanovic or Juliano Belletti will have to deputise at left-back. Joe Cole has made his return to first team action after he captained Chelsea to a 1-0 win earlier in midweek in the Carling Cup, but he wasn’t even a named substitute on Saturday, but, considering the stature of their opponent, Joe Cole could get a run out at some point against APOEL.
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by FBS: 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2009
Ever biased preview. Bush girl. tongue
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by mukina2: 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2009
how so? grin

abeg na cashley part sweet me pass grin cheesy
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2009
chelsea will win.have placed my bet already
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 28, 2009
Ceteris paribus,
Chelsea will win this.
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by jalether(m): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2009
mukina2:

how so? grin

abeg na cashley part sweet me pass
grin cheesy

Ashley already has a wife cheesy, so get off his back tongue
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by jalether(m): 8:27pm On Sep 28, 2009
This should be a stroll in the park for us, Ancelloti must be retarded not to start atleast 8 fringe players for this match
to keep the squad fresh for the liverpool game
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by mukina2: 10:58pm On Sep 28, 2009
come who send you message tongue

me? love cashley?

God forbid bad thing angry

waka oh angry
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by bigfather(m): 11:26pm On Sep 28, 2009
This just gonna be a WALK OVER !
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by theviper1: 12:33am On Sep 29, 2009
ALL chelski fans made us to believe that wigan was a walk in the park. am begining to hear that again. hpe u wont come bck to console urselves here that u will do better nxt time. if Ancelotti looses this one,his ass will be on romans firing pin for sure. chelski fans can take that to the bank.
GO GUNNERS
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by pansha(m): 5:00am On Sep 29, 2009
well said cool
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by FBS: 6:44am On Sep 29, 2009
mukina2:

how so? grin

abeg na cashley part sweet me pass grin cheesy
You love to see players injured eh? don't worry very soon, it will reach your avenue.
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by Onyeasi(m): 9:11am On Sep 29, 2009
I'm already celebrating our winning with the six points ahead.cos i know CHELSEA is the ULTIMATE club despite losing against Wigan.CHELSEA Kwenu iya, CHELSEA Kwenu iya, CHELSEA kwezue iyooöö, [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by chrisical(m): 9:12am On Sep 29, 2009
Chelsea will win this.
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by call4shola(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2009
Chelsea should take this on a good day, i hope they do cos the fans will start calling for Ancelotti's sack it by any chance they lose this one, should end 0-2 in favor of the Millionnaires cheesy cheesy
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by mukina2: 11:10am On Sep 29, 2009
FBS:

You love to see players injured eh? don't worry very soon, it will reach your avenue.
please is cashley's leg broken forever? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by adebayo201: 11:15am On Sep 29, 2009
:p :p

Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by kabiru10(m): 11:57am On Sep 29, 2009
chelsea should have an easy win over apoel unless they want they wigan defeat to bring them down
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by nethacker(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2009
adebayo201:

:p :p
this is not Man U forum ok? angry
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by FBS: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2009
mukina2:

please is cashley's leg broken forever? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
something you would have loved to see abi? shameless girl!  tongue
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by mukina2: 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
FBS:

something you would have loved to see abi? shameless girl!  tongue
i wish some mean defender can end his career cheesy break his legs cheesy
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by Onyeasi(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2009
Sorry FBS who is this shameless girl dat u hav been shaming all the way 4rm de top.but any way shaa she derserve it.unfortunatly i would love to know she is
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by oluomo12(m): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2009
stevo4shiz:

chelsea will win.have placed my bet already

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i will advice you go and collect your money back lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by MrCrackles(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
oluomo 1:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i will advice you go and collect your money back lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Buahahahaha. . .
It is too late for the poor fella! cheesy
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by Borat1: 9:18am On Sep 30, 2009
its always good to bounce back from dissapointing defeats like the one we suffered last week at the hands of lowly wigan.
And what better way than to carry out our frustration on minnows apoel, angry grin
It was never in doubt that we'll qualify for the next round cool
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by SMSguru(m): 9:45am On Sep 30, 2009
Chelsea haters won't find a creek to hide their eye sockets
after the game tonight.
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by waledoy(m): 10:58am On Sep 30, 2009
Mikel (Knee), Ballack (Calf) and Alex injured
A Cole in but nt 100% fit.

Blues all d way.
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by cbjonstage(m): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2009
the viper:

ALL chelski fans made us to believe that wigan was a walk in the park. am begining to hear that again. hpe u wont come bck to console urselves here that u will do better nxt time. if Ancelotti looses this one,his ass will be on romans firing pin for sure. chelski fans can take that to the bank.
GO GUNNERS

if common Kano pillars (wigan) wipe chelski ass, i wonder how Apoel fc will trash chelsea at home to compare what wigan did to them
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by dyabman(m): 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2009
get a life
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2009
We must WIN this.
Expected line up:

Cech

B. Ivanovic      J. Terry      R. Carvalho     Y. Zhirkov

J. Cole     F. Lampard      M. Essien       F. Malouda       S. Kalou

N. Anelka

Subs:

Hilario
Hutchinson
Alex
Belletti
Sturridge
Borini
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by mufasa(m): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2009
@bluediva your line up is interesting but i think Cech should sit this one out and let give Hilario some match time to prep him for Sunday's game.

Is Alex now fit? tot he was out and Sturridge too?

My starting today will most likely be  this

-----------------Hilario----------------------
Ivanovic--Carvahlo--Terry----Zhikov
-----------------Essien-------------------
J.Cole---------Lampard------------Malouda
---------Borini-------Anelka--------------

grin grin grin And i'm not crazy, Borini upfront with Anelka. The young lad deserves to build some mileage too.

Subs
Kalou
Turnbull/Cech
Hutchinson
Belleti
Alex
Sturridge
Ashley Cole
Re: Champions League: Apoel FC Vs Chelsea ( 0-1) On Wednesday30th September 2009 by jalether(m): 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2009
mufasa:

@bluediva your line up is interesting but i think Cech should sit this one out and let give Hilario some match time to prep him for Sunday's game.

Is Alex now fit? tot he was out and Sturridge too?

My starting today will most likely be this

-----------------Hilario----------------------
Bosingwa--Carvahlo--Terry----Zhikov
-----------------Essien-------------------
J.Cole---------Lampard------------Malouda
---------Borini-------Anelka--------------

grin grin grin And i'm not crazy, Borini upfront with Anelka. The young lad deserves to build some mileage too.

Subs
Kalou
Turnbull/Cech
Hutchinson
Belleti
Alex
Sturridge
Ashley Cole

Has bosingwa completed his Uefa ban undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Standard Liege Vs Arsenal (2-3) On Wednesday 16th September / Arsenal (4) Vs Wigan Athletic (0) On Saturday 19th September / Football Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.