Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

EFCC Arrests Man For Duping ‘wife’ Of N6.7m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Man For Duping ‘wife’ Of N6.7m (345 Views)

EFCC Arrests Man For Duping A Viatnamese Woman Via Love Scam / EFCC Arrests Man For Duping ‘wife’ Of N6.7m / EFCC Arrests Man For Duping An Irish Businesswoman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Man For Duping ‘wife’ Of N6.7m by JoelNkantaBlog: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2016
Punch reports that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, has arrested one Chike Nnaemeka, for allegedly tricking an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps into marrying him and paying for the wedding.
Nnaemeka, aka Dr. Justified, was said to have duped his victim, Nkechi Ani, of N6.7m.
The EFCC, in a statement by its spokesman, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, said Nnaemeka, who claimed to be a gynaecologist, allegedly collected the sum under different requests. The victim was reportedly introduced to him by one of her classmates at the Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra State.
The suspect was also said to have tricked Ani into marrying him and they were joined in a traditional wedding on June 6, 2015, without informing her that he was married with three children.
In her petition, the complainant said, ‘‘During the wedding preparation, Justified brought up so many stories bordering on cultural issues that I or anyone from my family is not supposed to visit his home town until after my marriage. He also said that the tradition of his place as a lone prince demanded that I sponsored every financial aspect of the traditional marriage, but that he would refund me to the last one naira I spent.”
According to the commission, the suspect continued to deceive his victim and even claimed to have property that both Zenith Bank Plc and Diamond Bank Plc were purportedly interested in buying.
The suspect was said to have shown the complainant some documents of the property, and requested her to raise some money to enable him to complete the process.
The complainant allegedly transferred (Click on the link below to read more)
<[url: http://www.primeviewsng.com]>

Re: EFCC Arrests Man For Duping ‘wife’ Of N6.7m by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 19, 2016
name checkers will soon be here...

(1) (Reply)

Man Pours Sniper (insecticide) In Co-tenant's Soup Over Insult! / Police Boss Orders Mental And Drunkenness Tests For Lagos Policemen / Sokoto State Police Command Debunks Gay Marriage Claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.