Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

What Has Happened To Our Ability To Be Respectful - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Has Happened To Our Ability To Be Respectful (575 Views)

December Culture : What Happened To Knockouts And Bangers? / I Agree finally, Yorubas Are Respectful / Is The Yoruba Tribe Really The Most Respectful Tribe In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Has Happened To Our Ability To Be Respectful by sibepoc(m): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2016
I was born and brought up in Lagos, and while i was growing up I was made to understand the yorubas are the ones with the greatest level or respect and discipline, and even in greeting these people can greet for Africa but now it is a whole reverse situation, those days when you bear a kid not only you would train the kid, it is believed other elders would train the kid in discipline. As a result of that when you do something wrong outside and you are scolded for it you wouldn't dare try to report to your parent cos your parent would follow you to the elder, get an explanation and would say you didnt beat him well next time beat him more in short when he gets home i will handle him. While you are even heading back home with your mom she would hold your ears you would wonder if there was fire in her hand as ur ears would feel so hot. This would strike fear into the kid's heart and would learn to be more respectful when outside his/her home. But now, reverse is the case no respect whatsoever from our kids, no discipline, a kid would see you in the morning and can't greet, a kid would talk to u anyhow, a kid you once taught in school as a teacher would see u on the road and throw away face like he/she never knew you. When you try scolding the kid, the kid runs home reports to his mother and the mother comes to fight you and warn u never to touch his/her kid ever again right there in the presence of the kid, fueling the kids capability to be rude. This is so wrong, we need to bring back that discipline of old cos right now with the way the society is going I can't even imagine calling our younger generation future leaders. Cos we all know Nigeria, the worst and most ill-mannered tends to be more popular and hence, would garner more votes if they were ever in elections.

That is why Davido can sing 'Dele na my boy, Dele na my boy' and u know what, that is the part majority of us love the most

(1) (Reply)

Season Greetings! / Photos : Emir Of Kano Appointed Grand Patron Of Children And Women Health / #yorubanews Iru Idajọ Wo Ni Ile-ẹjọ Fẹ Da Fun Seun Egbegbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.