Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

A New Type Of Online Scam - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A New Type Of Online Scam (540 Views)

How Do I Get This Type Of Google Ads On My Website / I Will Design/code Any Type Of Website From Scratch / What Type Of Php/website Script Are You Looking For? Pay After Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A New Type Of Online Scam by Freakypinky(f): 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
Just giving everyone fair warning . . .

A friend of mine noted that their friends have had their profiles cloned but caught in time - the requests came via Facebook Messenger so you wouldn't notice anything suspicious.

A lot of accounts are being cloned. Your profile picture and your name are used to create a new Facebook account and then they ask your old Facebook friends to add them, your friends think it's you and accept the friend request thinking it's you.

From this moment, these criminals can write what they want under your name with the hope of scamming your friends!! .....

Lalasticlala

Re: A New Type Of Online Scam by Netcontactsng1(m): 11:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Not new shaa ... Lala come and see

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why You Should Use Wordpress To Run Your Business Website / Facebook Group With 72K Members Up For Sale / Ten Things Every Blog Must Have To Be Successful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.