Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:29 AM

Brown Babies - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Brown Babies (352 Views)

UI Senate Orders Immediate Closure Of Alexander Brown Hall / Did You Even Know These Animals Existed – Let Alone Them Having Such Cute Babies / Popular Slangs In Uyo And Their Meanings By Iddy Brown... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brown Babies by isikefelister: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
For a while now, many products that lighten or tones the skin have been holding sway. Did I say 'a while now', erase that and replace it with 'for a long time now'. The belief that being light complexioned or white equals beauty is absurd. Black is beautiful; it should be re-echoed again and again for generations. However, the black box which has evolved through time, tells a different story (black box being television). From Jamaica to Nigeria the bleaching epidemic has taken over, and I do believe that it still has its roots from the inferiority/superiority complex and different fallacies that ladies (and guys too) have chosen to believe.

Some weeks ago Reuben Abati did an article on it, and Fela (God bless his soul) echoes it relentlessly through the evergreen song 'Yellow Fever'. This leads me to my chosen topic or perspective Brown babies, which is a goal for most white ladies. From the effect of ageing on the white skin, not being a great story to tell and young whites scramble for sunscreens during summer. It uses, and effects, as seen in tans, are amazing. While the black skin is 'all weather' or should be called 'all season'.
Moreover, is it the sight of rash on a white skin or some funny skin diseases they have, that dermatologist could do well to explain as related to the absence of melanin, that my beautiful black sisters are bleaching/toning away. However, the white ladies are laying traps to get some melanin into their families by birthing brown babies. My unsuspecting brothers, who think that they are the man by going after white ladies for fun, should know that some of them, are on a mission to get their brown baby. Stories abound of such ladies getting pregnant then not informing the father, afterwards deliberately losing contact with him. To enable her totally claim her treasured gift.

Did I hear you say 'story', 'alo', 'akiko'. However as absurd as it may sound it does happen, and it is still going on. Let's digress a little and remember the hazards associated with bleaching/toning. ( I do remember, the stench from perspiring bleachers. 'Kai' pray never to sit close to one in a Lagos bus). Also the short and long term economic cost.

God never does an incomplete job in creation. You are perfect in your complexion. Don't play god in changing what does not need to be changed. While some people desire what you have but nature or fate does not avail them the opportunity to effect change, but they make do by trying to get a piece of what you have in getting what they call 'brown babies'.

www.felisterisike..com

Author
Chukwunwezie Yalokwu

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed All Nairalander Comment / Edu-edu-edu Re Focus Cation / How Some People Survive In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.