Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,247 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Who Knows How To Locate Deleted Files In Windows 8+ - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Who Knows How To Locate Deleted Files In Windows 8+ (1399 Views)

3 Easy Steps To Recover Deleted Files In Windows With Free Tools / How To Recover Deleted Files On Android / How To View The Deleted Files In The System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows How To Locate Deleted Files In Windows 8+ by arize99: 11:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
I have come across a folder that contained deleted files in my system while I was playing aorund. Then I though I could always locate, but I found my self in desprate need of a file I deleted even from the recycle bin. I tried locating that folder again but I obviously ran out of luck. I couldn't see it again. I know of some softwares that u could run and get the files. But I want to know how to locate that folder so that I can always navigate and recover.

Also I showed hidden folders while I was looking.
Re: Who Knows How To Locate Deleted Files In Windows 8+ by dxdiag(m): 10:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
Goto my computer
right click and open C:/ drive on ur hard disk
locate SYSTEM.OLD folder and search through to see if u can find ur file.
Or find a data recovery software installed on ur system, be patience as u scan tru the hard disk to detect ur file
Re: Who Knows How To Locate Deleted Files In Windows 8+ by arize99: 12:10am On Aug 23, 2016
dxdiag:
Goto my computer
right click and open C:/ drive on ur hard disk
locate SYSTEM.OLD folder and search through to see if u can find ur file.
Or find a data recovery software installed on ur system, be patience as u scan tru the hard disk to detect ur file
thanks
Re: Who Knows How To Locate Deleted Files In Windows 8+ by arize99: 6:39am On Aug 30, 2016
It didn't work...I couldn't find the folder. I think a way is to install the Recovery software. But I don't want to adopt that method. Windows has hidden it very well.
Re: Who Knows How To Locate Deleted Files In Windows 8+ by Temituokpe: 1:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
Your best bet would be to use a file recovery program/software to get your data back. i really don't know of any system.old or a place where a computer happens to store deleted files. Although i know for a fact that when u delete from recycle bin or use the command Shift + Delete, it just renders that particular file unreadable by the computer and makes the space which it occupies available for another file to be saved there. so if u know the folder where the deleted file used to be saved in, simply right click on it(the folder) and select restore previous versions. This mostly works if a restore point was created as at the time the file got deleted. if not just use Recuva software. If recuva or any other file recovery program dsnt work, its because another file has occupied the space location of the deleted file
Re: Who Knows How To Locate Deleted Files In Windows 8+ by arize99: 4:27am On Sep 02, 2016
Temituokpe:
Your best bet would be to use a file recovery program/software to get your data back. i really don't know of any system.old or a place where a computer happens to store deleted files. Although i know for a fact that when u delete from recycle bin or use the command Shift + Delete, it just renders that particular file unreadable by the computer and makes the space which it occupies available for another file to be saved there. so if u know the folder where the deleted file used to be saved in, simply right click on it(the folder) and select restore previous versions. This mostly works if a restore point was created as at the time the file got deleted. if not just use Recuva software. If recuva or any other file recovery program dsnt work, its because another file has occupied the space location of the deleted file

You are right, but these recovery softwares might come along with a virus, or a thirdparty. But since you mentioned Recuva. I will check that out.

(1) (Reply)

UK Used HP Elitebook Core I5 Laptop For Sale / 512gb Solid State Sata Hard Drive Forsale 35k / Dell Core I3 For Sale In Surulere Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.