Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) (1166 Views)

Team Nigeria For Global First Robot Olympics In Washington (Photo) / Nigeria’s 4x400m Women’s Relay Team Banned From Rio 2016 / Mikel Obi Donates N11m To Rio Olympics Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by Lescalier: 2:36am On Aug 20, 2016
Team Nigeria can now only finish with a bronze medal at the end of the Olympics. And that is if we will the bronze medal match in men football.

Our performance in this Olympics was utterly awful.

We deserve to be banned from the next Olympics.

1 Share

Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by rummeh: 3:24am On Aug 20, 2016
Back to back
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:16am On Aug 20, 2016
cool cool cool u go see say people go blame buhari
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by Rossikki: 5:21am On Aug 20, 2016
Bro, to even be on that field of the last 8 countries in the Olympics relay shows we are a major athletics power. Do you know how many countries there are in the world? Nearly 300! And we're in the top 8. And you're saying they should ban us from the next Olympics? Bros chill abeg..

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by btoks: 8:25am On Aug 20, 2016
Rossikki:
Bro, to even be on that field of the last 8 countries in the Olympics relay shows we are a major athletics power. Do you know how many countries there are in the world? Nearly 300! And we're in the top 8. And you're saying they should ban us from the next Olympics? Bros chill abeg..
I think OP has only used hyperbole to describe the situation.
Coming 8th in the final is nothing to be proud of and we are not a major athletics power any longer, considering our woeful performance at other events.Actually, It's debatable whether we've ever been a major power at world level.

Our performances have been in decline in recent decades and we need to do something about that rather than our typical lack of preparation and support. (then relying on miracles!!)
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by sathel(m): 9:19am On Aug 20, 2016
Gosh...i hate diz country
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by Litmus: 9:20am On Aug 20, 2016
43:21 shocked

lOL,

I haven't watched it but my guess is that they either dropped and ran back to retrieve baton before finishing race or they were being cynical.

...i don't know but wonder if part of our problem has to do with some sort of cliqueism....meaning there is an in-group of athlete or people who mearly want to monopolies going to Olympics and top competitions abroad at the expense of young fresh talent in Nigeria. Sure, qualifications need to be met but who are given opportunity to meet qualifications and how is information disseminated around the Nation to enable promising young people to attend competitions

we need to clear house. None of these faces should appear at next Olympics -perhaps except for the canoe girl and some table tennis guys (out of nostalgia and sentiment)
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 20, 2016
the certificateless cow rearer is indifferent to sports. He is too busy tendering his to “150 cows”

President Buhari To Rehabilitate 414 Grazing Reserve Centres Nationwide
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/buhari-rehabilitate-414-grazing-reserve-centres-nationwide/

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 20, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
Is he not the president of Nigeria?

If team nigeria performed well and won medals, he would have received some accolades, so why trying to shield him from blames when the team is failing to deliver?

You people should be logical, at least for once!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by Litmus: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2016
Nigeria qualifying time: 42.55

Nigeria Final: 43:21

Do you know that every team improved on their qualifying times except Nigeria that deproved. Had Nigeria merely matched their qualifying time they would have come in forth. Any improvement, which is the least we should expect, would have secured us a medal.
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by kokoA(m): 11:27am On Aug 20, 2016
Rossikki:
People that came 1st, 2nd and 3rd, do they have 2 heads?

1 Like

Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by omar22(m): 11:29am On Aug 20, 2016
Rossikki:

I think if am correct Nigeria beat GB at last years commonwealths game in Glasgow in the 4x100 relay race, coming second to Jamaica in a less competitive competition, 12 months on GB manages to win a Bronze medal at the highest stage whereas Nigeria comes last, am sorry I dont celebrate mediocre performance, what happened between 2015 and 2016?
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by Lescalier: 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2016
count8*
Rossikki:

If what you are saying was the case, I will accept. There were only 16 countries that participated.

Mind you, out of all the athletics events, we got into only 2 finals. This relay and then long jump. And then u say major athletics power.
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by mriyesecnerwal(m): 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
Nothing concern buhari and rio ooo...if u like perform, if you like don't perform..he's not interested! I'm wondering if they didn't train before going for the race.
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by Litmus: 12:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
Litmus:
Nigeria qualifying time: 42.55

Nigeria Final: 43:21

Do you know that every team improved on their qualifying times except Nigeria that deproved.[s] Had Nigeria merely matched their qualifying time they would have come in forth. Any improvement,[/s] which is the least we should expect, would have secured us a medal.

my eyes were so red I must've been seeing things - our qualifying time would have seen us 7th not 5th, The rest still stands for me though.
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by Lescalier: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:

Pls answer: can we at least blame him for the soccer team getting stranded in Atlanta and the countries kits getting to brazil towards the end of the competition?

Then we can wait for next Olympics to blame him after we get no medal.
Re: Rio2016 Olympics - Team Nigeria Comes Last In Relay Final. (photo) by Lescalier: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2016
Litmus:

my eyes were so red I must've been seeing things - our qualifying time would have seen us 7th not 5th, The rest still stands for me though.

Funny enough, with our qualifying time, we ranked 5th before the final.

(1) (Reply)

All EPL Matches: Liverpool vs Everton 1:30pm (Live) / Should Victor Moses Play At Right Back For Nigeria? / Algeria Insults Nigeria, Storms Uyo With Their Own Food, Water And Beddings…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.