Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Not All That Gliters Is Gold - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Not All That Gliters Is Gold (1350 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Not All That Gliters Is Gold by Alphasunday(m): 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
So I wanted to try out a new phone with a different brand,I had a few phones on my mind,
So, was searching for a smartphone to pick as my primary device. I wanted something with a lot of power under the hood but that wouldn’t require me to steal a bank building. After searching and searching, one of my shortlisted devices was Infinix Mobility’s Zero 3. It ticked all the right boxes. Well, almost.
It has one unforgivable trait – Infinix Mobility’s lack of taste in the design department. Apart from being all tepid plastic, I just won’t be caught dead carrying about a phone with such a bland look as the Zero 3.
Then, recently I heard that the Hot S was on its way and would be an all-metal phone. With excitement, I said to the rest of the team, “It looks like Infinix is finally going to give us a beautiful device!”
The Hot S manages to look exciting on the rear end….
Then we got to see the phone and our excitement died out. How Infinix Mobility managed to make a metal design look as unexciting as this beats me. But they pulled it off. Finally, I am convinced that the brand needs to overhaul its design team, if any exists.
...but flip it around and the front is typical infinix Mobility bland.
I will take the TECNO Camon C9 a hundred times over the Hot S, though they are in the same price range. The C9 is a good looking phone. Infinix has produced smartphones that get the low-end market well. But low-end doesn’t mean it has to be bland. But a N40,000 – N50,000 smartphone isn’t low end anyway. There is no valid reason why the Zero 3 or the Hot S should be the bland plastic and metal designs that they are.
I have owned over 160 phones since 2001. While I have reviewed lots of Infinix smartphones and spoken glowingly of many of them, not once has an Infinix smartphone been my primary device. I have used phones by Nokia, Samsung, Apple, BlackBerry, Sony, TECNO and others as primary devices at different times. Never an infinix. I got to thinking about it. Infinix Mobility product design is why. It was why I passed on the Zero 3. It was why I passed every other competent smartphone of theirs.
PS: Speaking of design, did the local shaman also divine to Infinix Mobility that if they put Gorilla Glass (or alternative) on their phones (at least the flagship grade models), the sky would fall and the world come to an end? So I would just stick to buying itel it1556 or as I heard itel is about lunching a new phone maybe I will wait for it next month is here any ways
Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2016
you must learn to be smart...ok?

Tecnotelecoms now known as http://transsion.com/ is the owner of

1. Infinix
2. Tecno
3. Itel

unless you're a mischievous marketer ... and owning 160 phones since 2001 is just bull crap unless you're into fraud

2 Likes

Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by stalyf(m): 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
NgcoboP:

1. Infinix
2. Tecno
3. Itel

unless you're a mischievous marketer ... and owning 160 phones since 2001 is just bull crap unless you're into fraud

Wait first, you mean one person own the 3 companies??
Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
one firm....

stalyf:

Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
one firm....yes

stalyf:

Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
NgcoboP:

1. Infinix
2. Tecno
3. Itel

Wrong. Yes tecno, infinix and itel belong to the same parent company Transssion holdings which also own carlcare, the same customer support the 3 companies use. However the 3 companies run their production independently. They have different design teams, different marketing teams, etc. They can share parts and care centre, doesn't mean they are the same.

It is the same thing with volkswagen group. They own audi, soda, bugatti, lambourghi, porsche, Bentley, vw commercial vehicles, etc. But each unit is a different company with different design teams, each have the class of vehicles they make. Again a vw car can share parts with an audi, but doesn't mean they have the same management.
Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
NgcoboP:
owning 160 phones since 2001 is just bull crap unless you're into fraud
160 phones? He must be a scammer
Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
greenhulk:

Wrong. Yes tecno, infinix and itel belong to the same parent company Transssion holdings which also own carlcare, the same customer support the 3 companies use. However the 3 companies run their production independently. They have different design teams, different marketing teams, etc. They can share parts and care centre, doesn't mean they are the same.

It is the same thing with volkswagen group. They own audi, soda, bugatti, lambourghi, porsche, Bentley, vw commercial vehicles, etc. But each unit is a different company with different design teams, each have the class of vehicles they make. Again a vw car can share parts with an audi, but doesn't mean they have the same management.
What message 'r u now insinuating?

1 Like

Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by blessedvisky(m): 4:01pm On Aug 20, 2016
Alphasunday:

I have owned over 160 phones since 2001.

2 Likes

Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
fados4sure:

That tecno and infinix have different design team, different management.
Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by dasphinx1(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2016
fados4sure:

What he means is that Tecno Infinix and Itel are under a holding company, but each brand run their operations independent of each other. Hope you understand wink

1 Like

Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by Norman4real(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
This post is so misleading, I actually doubt if you've held any of these phones... The Zero 3 is not plastic, it's an has a glass body, and it's a gorilla glass.
The hot S looks metallic but it's actually mostly plastic
Personally I have a c9 but to be fair the hot S has a better design.
Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by Youngpo413: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2016
The write-up looks familiar...

2 Likes

Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by kowalsky: 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
NgcoboP:

1. Infinix
2. Tecno
3. Itel

What the
Never knew dat
Re: Not All That Gliters Is Gold by heezey(m): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
There are 5 things you need to know before purchasing the Tecno Camon C9.
Click here to find out: Tecno Camon C9 Review

(1) (Reply)

How To Know Fake/original Infinix Phone And Battery / Iphone6 For Sale / Check Out Tecno Camon CX Limited Edition Specs, Images And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.