Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,612 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Official Report Of How Taiwo ( Funaab) Student Was Shot - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Official Report Of How Taiwo ( Funaab) Student Was Shot (630 Views)

A Student Was Expelled From School In Kenya For Drawing This / Black Student Was Asked To Give Up His Seat In Class (See His Epic Response) / Funaab Student Attacks The VC Church, DHBC And Set Cars On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Official Report Of How Taiwo ( Funaab) Student Was Shot by johnjones243: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
Read Eye Witness Report of How Police Shot Taiwo and How He was Saved and Taken To FMC. This report was sent to us on Facebook by Engr Ademola Olayinka Dosumu, it is very detailed and explains how everything happened. Look past the typographical errors there and take your time to read, we decided not to edit it so the truth wouldn't be mixed up. "A REPORT ON THE BRUTALITY BY OFFICERS OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE ON ARMLESS PROTESTING NIGERIAN STUDENTS Everyone envisage a normal thursday like the usual peaceful ones, before the attack by unscrupulous men on the students catting away their various valued properties and was allegedly wounded. This ugly incident over night led to an unplanned solidarity confrontation just to let the cat out of the bag as previous acts of robbery, rape and physical assault has been well ignored by the school authority, concerned security personnel's. Its on this note and reportedly rumors that an unidentified student was axed and reportedly dead during the course of the robbery attack that the teeming progressive students of the Fabulous Funaab took to the Street to agitate and this led to the successful blockage of the Federal high way. With this I the Director of Students Welfare was called upon around 8:35am to intervene and plead with the protesting students. I got to the venue around 9:00am, met some other students leaders at the venue (NANS state chairman inclusive), after exchanging pleasantries I went with my appointed assignment to persify and calm the going haywire students. The students agitation was that a Police post be situated around the school environment since the school authority cannot profer needed solution to the robbery attack and frequent assault on the armless students, since the Obantoko police station is already saddled with large responsibilities and wider coverage and Odeda police station is also far with much responsibilities. These request were reasonable and promised to be looked into and something fast and urgent will be done to these requests. As the students were moving back the Assistant Police Officer on ground (reportedly the new area commander) and a senior officer gave an order to disperse the students which was obeyed and all the students dispersed away for fear of been killed or wounded. At camp Junction a senior police allegedly gave an order to his men to shoot at the students and I approached them saying that only tear gas should be used not gun shoots but this advice wasn't taken instead. Suddenly convoys of mobile police officers coming from Oyo state came in firing at the mob, this acts provoked the students the more. At this period when the Aluta demonstration was going on a vigilante officer called Fele tried to arrest the shoot victim Taiwo Abisoye, this act was quickly resisted by other students and led to a confrontation when a mopol (a CSP by rank) also tried to join the arrest, during this confrontation the mopol officer fell, the mopol's ADC shoot taiwo and immediately went down, the ADC laughing also tried to fire another shoot as the students tried to get hold of this officer, but was prevented and left the scene immediately, at this I carried the shoot victim who was already in a pool of his own blood on a motorcycle and on getting to the police head quarters I requested for an audience with the C.p to be given an ambulance which I was denied, Taiwo at this time was lying cold outside the head quarters I was prevented and beaten by officers of the mobile police and later attended to after screaming outside the police head quarters. A good Samaritan assisted me and we later moved him to FMC for an emergency care, we taught he was dead because he was shoot at the head, but later regained consciousness as he was seriously attended to be the doctors on ground. The S.A on students matters to the governor came in, after been briefed he appealed for calmness and requested for contacts at the scene to calm the situation, this was abortive as all contacts were not going through. I left the hospital premises immediately to camp, I saw the damages done by the hoodlums and big boys to the properties of people around (Funaabites are known to be peaceful and not destructive). I saw the vigilante who was responsible for Taiwo's shooting, I approached him and attacked him but ran away seizing his uniform. I approached the mobile police men and they changed the story that they didn't shoot anyone, which I argued and was given a slap and asked to sit down. A superior officer the DC came in and he was disappointed with the happenings and I was arrested and taken to the force head quarters, after their investigation was released based on self recognition."

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways New Jamb Registrar Has Promises To Change Jamb / Inspiring! A Young Nigerian Boy Passes His WAEC Exams With All ‘A’ Result / Ekiti Beats 35 States, FCT; Records Best 2016 June/july NECO Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.