Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India (821 Views)

4 Killed As Car Coming From Lagos Lands Into A Ditch After Its Tyre Burst (Phot) / A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) / Patos Oghenevwede Lands Plane Without Front Tyre (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by ANSOM: 2:12am On Aug 21, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d_XTIoeKVw

A MEMBER OF ANAMBRA STATE ONLINE WHO LIVES IN INDIA JUST SENT THIS VIDEO WITH THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE....

"Dear Admin, my name is Nnabuike and i come from Orumba South in Anambra State. I currently work in a tyre packaging factory in New Delhi, India with my cousins and other Igbo guys mainly from Anambra, Abia and Enugu State."

I graduated from UNN with a Degree in Political Science in 2008 and my inability to get a job after 3 years made me relocate to India in search of greener pastures.

In the morning as early as 4:00 am, we leave for work at the back of trucks belonging to farmers that rear pigs in the city capital because the white Indians do not allow Black Indians or Africans to board City Buses." This is due to the popular belief in india that black people are outcasts."

We have to pay the Pig Farmers who are taking their pigs to the slaughter house in the cold morning 120 rupees (about $2) to our place of
work."

"We don't have our bath at home because bathing in the house and then sharing the carriage of a truck with Pigs on your way to work is not a good idea."

On getting to the factory, we strip and use a hose to spray water on ourselves from a tank filled with trapped rainwater. Then we wear our shorts and begin to work as early as 6:00am and work all through the day until 6:30pm with just 30 mins break in the middle of the day."

Our job is very tedious in nature depending on the department or unit. The condition in the workplace can be best described as not fit for humans but heavy duty machines."

My own task with some others as you can see in the video is to deflate the tubes before fitting it into the tyres of trucks and buses (WHICH BLACKS AND AFRICAN MIGRANTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BOARD) before they are inflated again and rimmed for inspection and distribution."

We are paid based on input and not wages. This means the number of tubes you stuff into the tyre determines your take home for the week."
The process of stuffing a tube into a tyre is by sprinkling it with water, depressing the tube, stuffing the tube into the tyre and then rolling the tyre to the pick point which after passing the check on inspection successfully amounts to 5 rupees per tubing which is equivalent to 7cents (20 naira)."

The deflation is by depressing it with your knees and foot. If in the process of deflating for insertion and it bursts, 10 successful stuffings are deducted from your work log as punishment."

It was discovered that sometimes, the machine that inflates the tube erroneously calculates the volume of air and this causes the tubes to burst but our employers don't care so while working, you just pray to your God that you don't burst or damage a tube."

Rolling the huge tyres before and after tubing is another daunting task as they are very big and heavy! Just one tyre can weigh as much as 45kg (Almost the weight of a bag of Rice)."

Most times, we sustain various degrees of injury while working. There is no Insurance Cover for us as workers, no benefits or sick leave."

Not deterred by this, we work hard so that we will be able to gather enough income to fend for ourselves and send something down home to our families who look up to us."

Some of us tube over a 100 tyres per day. There was even a day i tubed up to 220 tyres just to have enough money to send to my sick mother in the village."

Though some of our Indian employers are good, most of them are cunning and wicked."
When they see that you are very hard working and have done a lot of overtime for you to earn more for the week, they go to the work log and reduce your input so that your salary reduces automatically."

You dare not complain or protest because if you do, you may not make it back home alive or you might be set up."
We are not allowed to speak to each other during work hours and not allowed to use our phones as they are collected from us at the start of work."

Though this particular factory where i work is owned by a kind man and there has not been any reported case of maltreatment from anyone towards the migrant workers but in some other places, some of us are not lucky like one of my cousins called Ebuka."
As i write this, Ebuka is currently in prison as he was set up by his employer in the Fertilizer Manufacturing plant where he worked from 2012 till 2014 before he was detained."

His offence was simply because he decided to work overtime and after being owed by his boss for close to a month, his work log was worth well over 37,000 rupees which is about $450 which his boss had no intention to pay him. When he complained, his boss secretly planned with some men and they used a 15yr old indian girl to set him up with claims that he attempted to rape her."

That was how was sent to jail and has been there for almost 3 years now. The worst part is that his family does not know he is in prison because his mother has High BP and telling her might kill her because he is the only son."
Now i am working overtime too with some of his friends who agreed so as to raise the money which we can pay to secure his release before December. My cousin is not the only Nigerian languishing in prison. There are so many other Nigerians there in various prisons all over the country and most of them were set up."

When you work so hard and earn a lot of money, they become envious of you and they either plant hard drugs in your apartment without your knowledge or accuse you of rape. Then they form a mob, come to your house and lynch you or the police gets to arrest you and you go to jail if you are lucky."

I was able to get this video from the supervisor's phone after he recorded it with the intention of showing it to the factory owner to prove that the tyres were being loaded into the containers which you can see in the video as he was instructed."

He left the phone on his table afterwards and went to inspect the rubber smelting section of the factory and since i have good knowledge of the internet, i secretly uploaded the video to My Dropbox without his knowledge. I was lucky i wasn't caught."

My reason for sending the video is for you all to know what is happening here so as to be aware of the predicament we Nigerians go through in this place."

I wanted to gather what i have saved so i can come back to Nigeria and invest but i was told that the economy in Nigeria presently is in very bad shape and not favorable for investment."

I urge you all to pray for us that God will continue to bless the works of our hands and to let Nigerians at home know how most of us work hard to earn a living to become useful to our families."

Nnabuike U.

SOURCE: www.facebook.com/AnambraOnline

1 Like

Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by ibkgab001: 2:25am On Aug 21, 2016
Now we know

Anyway lalasticlala will be sleeping by the hour of the day after partying hard yesterday
Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by ojnnaco(m): 2:53am On Aug 21, 2016
I know too well the the Children of hate won't like this thrend .

See as this niqqas are hustling on the low,when they finally hammer and come back to naija the children of hates will term it RITUALS . Na only thunder from Sango go fire anybody wey misyarn

Lalasticlala Pls do the needful by pushing this to frontpage

1 Like

Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by signature2012(m): 3:20am On Aug 21, 2016
Menh............Am just short of words.I feel for this guys.Their was a country called NIGERIA.
Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by Slimflame(m): 3:29am On Aug 21, 2016
No where dey easy o,dis why some of my brothers go dia and do drug trafficking...want to hit high cus dey can not work hard
Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by Destined2win: 3:53am On Aug 21, 2016
This is a very touching story.
Some of this guys caught for drug peddling might just be very innocent.
Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by NaWetinDey(m): 4:28am On Aug 21, 2016
This is the experience of most Nigerians abroad, especially those in Asia, south America, and some parts of Africa. Apart from those few who have the means to study in these areas, others are languishing. That's why drug peddling and internet scam have carried the day. I pity Nigerians. For those who watch white Indian girls on tv and think sweetly about India, just know that India is a piece of craps compared to Nigeria. I pray that God saves our children.
NB. Please make thorough investigations before deciding to travel and where to travel to abroad. Better still, do not travel to these areas if you are seeking for greener pastures.

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by Decryptor(m): 2:15pm On Aug 21, 2016
OP, you made a mistake. If you had written Snake or Bush meat in any portion of this story, it would have been on frontpage by now. Perhaps, Lalasticlala might still be in church tho.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by Ugosample(m): 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2016
Why doesn't this thread make front page?
But if na drug matter now, you go see them...

Hypocrisy on nairaland smh

1 Like

Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by nek12: 11:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
Imagine but in Nigeria they are treated like golden egg.

Honestly, these guys should leave that country for good.
Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by otokx(m): 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
The story makes no sense, doing vulcanizer work in Aluu road is much more lucrative than this.
Re: Video Of Hardworking Nigerian Guys In A Tyre Plant In India by nek12: 11:18pm On Aug 21, 2016
otokx:
The story makes no sense, doing vulcanizer work in Aluu road is much more lucrative than this.

Is what they are doing there vulcanizing? Is that the only thing you could pick from the write up? Why doesn't the story make sense to you? Just curious. Or is there something else you know that we don't know?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Accident In Lokoja, Before And After Pics(graphic pics) / VISA Free-2018-list Of ALL Countris Nigerian Passport Can Get You Into Visa-free / Wonders Of Ekiti State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.