Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

The High Price Of The Nigerian Rice - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The High Price Of The Nigerian Rice (758 Views)

Nigerian Rice Supplier Needed / Real Price Of PALM OIL In Akwa Ibom State per keg. / Bill Gates Funds Nigerian Rice Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The High Price Of The Nigerian Rice by Mrbigman2: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2016
Good day people.

I went to the market yesterday to get some groceries but i came back wailing.

Five thousand Naira left me with just some dropped of items. I couldn't even get up to half of what I went to buy.

Issorit.

But I happened to see the celebration of Nigerian rice in the market, I too was happy but the funny part of the celebration was, I asked how much and the rice was just two thousand Naira lower than the foreign ones.

In warri yesterday, foreign rice sold for 21-22 thousand Naira per 50kg and the local rice was 19-20 thousand Naira.

My question is, how does the local rice intend to chase away the foreign which our taste buds have lived with for generations if the prices are matching up together? Because there are still some Thai rice that are way cheaper.

Abi is there no price regulatory agencies or subsidy to this things for the main time to achieve its aim?

Anyway, am just observing and watching everything go wrong.

1 Like

Re: The High Price Of The Nigerian Rice by theodavid: 7:37am On Aug 21, 2016
God help us.
Re: The High Price Of The Nigerian Rice by Dullahi(m): 7:44am On Aug 21, 2016
Quite an important point you raised here and I must say i agree with you that the government has to do more in terms of price regulation.

That being said, I'm hopeful that the price will eventually come down.
Re: The High Price Of The Nigerian Rice by Tallesty1(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2016
Change has killed us officially.

1 Like

Re: The High Price Of The Nigerian Rice by Mustack: 8:02am On Aug 21, 2016
Bro calm down its just a matter of little time. By the time dangote and cocharis rice hit the market that when you'll see the beginning of wisdom

Re: The High Price Of The Nigerian Rice by Nobody: 8:17am On Aug 21, 2016
Subsidy on petrol turned out to be a disaster. Now you want subsidy for rice? Issorite.

The high price you observed is simply a reflection of the market obeying the age long economic law of demand.

If there is scarcity, prices will go up
If demand is high, prices will go up

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Buy Moringa Seeds In Large Quantities / Over 200crate Of Eggs Need Weekly From Farms Owners Not Middleman Please. / Plastic Mulching And Irrigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.