Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? (861 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Giving Of Tithe, Offering, First Fruit Is A Personal Decision - Dr. D.k Olukoya / Young Men On The Pulpit Driven By Tithe, Offering Honorarium - Gbile Akanni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by timawoku(m): 8:41am On Aug 21, 2016
i recently followed a friend to an orphanage (it was his birthday and he decided to spend it with the less privileged) he made both food and cash donations, truth is; i have been infected by compassion to help these people, i was touched and moved by the joy that was on their faces and appreciation that emanated from the donations. i am limited in spending for now. the question is; can i substitute my tithe offering for charity donation? any pastor in the house?

Cc; seun , lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by Tallesty1(m): 8:53am On Aug 21, 2016
You know the right thing so do it
Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by SUPERPACK: 8:59am On Aug 21, 2016
The tithe is made for the poor and needy, so u gave it directly to those that need it.

2 Likes

Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by annunaki2(m): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2016
Jesus placed a lot of emphasis on giving to the poor and the needy. He NEVER taught tithing.
Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by sunnyfats: 9:39am On Aug 21, 2016
I will say you should pray for God to lead you, charity is very good and there are lots of blessings attached to it. meanwhile, it is a clear instruction from God,that your tithe should go to the house of God, it is the church that will put ur tithe to good use.our problem these days is that we feel that the church is not rightly utilising our so called tithe and offering. But we are not their judge as we know,they are responsible to God.
However, charity work should be done out of your own pockets, this is our obligation to love our neighbours. It is not totally right to think you have to use Gods money to help his pple, that is not our responsibility, I only hope you ll get my point(I'm just beign honest). Its because most of us don't understand why we have to pay tithe, that's why we agree with pple when they say pastors are stealing our money. And that usually becomes the reason why we feel we should divert the money to other means.
So in summary, it is not wrong to use your tithe for charity, but if you can,pls avoid it
May God help us all

1 Like

Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by timawoku(m): 9:55am On Aug 21, 2016
sunnyfats:
I will say you should pray for God to lead you, charity is very good and there are lots of blessings attached to it. meanwhile, it is a clear instruction from God,that your tithe should go to the house of God, it is the church that will put ur tithe to good use.our problem these days is that we feel that the church is not rightly utilising our so called tithe and offering. But we are not their judge as we know,they are responsible to God.
However, charity work should be done out of your own pockets, this is our obligation to love our neighbours. It is not totally right to think you have to use Gods money to help his pple, that is not our responsibility, I only hope you ll get my point(I'm just beign honest). Its because most of us don't understand why we have to pay tithe, that's why we agree with pple when they say pastors are stealing our money. And that usually becomes the reason why we feel we should divert the money to other means.
So in summary, it is not wrong to use your tithe for charity, but if you can,pls avoid it
May God help us all
thank you bro, but please can you shed light more by telling us where particularly God instructed us to pay 10 percent as tithe offering? tithing might have just been misconstrued dont you think? God bless your endeavors.

1 Like

Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by timawoku(m): 10:01am On Aug 21, 2016
Tallesty1:
You know the right thing so do it
tallest tallesty how u dey? seriously i don't know what to do o, i have asked some men of God and they seem to have different opinions. personally i wouldn't mind doing charity only, this is because i derive joy from it and it also goes with my wife's work, i just want to know if i would not be going against rules by not tithing...wish you a rejuvenated day ahead!!!
Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by orisa37: 10:05am On Aug 21, 2016
Pray to tell God every step you are talking.

1 Like

Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by timawoku(m): 10:14am On Aug 21, 2016
my thoughts exactly, since we are now following the new testament. thanks for your contribution.Godspeed to you.
annunaki2:
Jesus placed a lot of emphasis on giving to the poor and the needy. He NEVER taught tithing.

1 Like

Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by oglalasioux(m): 11:12am On Aug 21, 2016
Hmmm! How do you expect your pastor to keep up with his swag and rich lifestyle if you stop paying tithes? Don't do harm to God's prophet o. You'll burn in hell even if you give all you have to the orphanages and fail to pay for the maintenance of your pastor's private jet. Be warned!
Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by annunaki2(m): 11:44am On Aug 21, 2016
sunnyfats:
May God help us all

Can you show us from scriptures how God defines his tithes? Also is it right as a christian to twist or change God's word?

1 Like

Re: Tithe Offering Or Charity Donation, Can It Be Interchanged? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2016
sunnyfats:
May God help us all
Sorry sir, where exactly is the house of God? Because the Bible also say that our body is the temple of God.
God leaves inside us.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

"Unclad" - My Story Of Changing From A Pagan To An Atheist / Karma: / Earth- A Pale Blue Dot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.