Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

The Current Crop Of Most Nigerian Doctors - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Current Crop Of Most Nigerian Doctors (676 Views)

How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths / Isha Sesay, CNN Journalist Commends Nigerian Doctors And Nurses / Man Injured Near His Manhood Saved By Nigerian Doctors - Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Current Crop Of Most Nigerian Doctors by don4real18(m): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2016
I should have written this a long time ago but I thought things are going to change for the better, yet, so many years have passed since the April, 2009 but all is I see is a wrecked present and a bleak future.
I still don't know if I should post this in the political section or the education section because this is a case with vines in several sectors.
Many may have started wondering of the date and may have started a web search to avoid reading every detail I have written... it's expected.
The state of the economy is a bad one and the health sector have gone to the dogs but before I move further, I will love to make an apology to all doctors that have put in much effort to help patients for I have families and friends who are in the profession.
Growing up, I hated injections but loved the white jacket worn by docs as they carried this aura of professionalism and you couldn't help but put your faith in them as you would to God whenever you are ill.
But all that have changed now... Many of the doctors we have today are incompent, murderers and a mere show... They are products of "cramming to pass exams" and students of crammers.
They are hardly ever updated of current trends and instead of using the internet to equip themselves, they will rather just post selfies of the once honorable white jacket for mere likes and comments.
How did we get here?
Have you ever wondered why blood samples aren't sent to our labs for testing and vaccine production in the case of a major disease outbreak, even if it is in West Africa?
we have several teaching hospitals and government hospitals yet it is hard to get a bed and if you eventually do get one, the doctor is nowhere to be found... Many of them are either owners of private hospitals or consultants there where one is required to cough out a lot of money to treat common cold talk less of a more severe syndrome.
And when the government owes them, they carry placards and forget about the little attention they are giving the patients.
My boss had scabies but all the doctors he met gave him topical treatment for mosquito bites until it got worse and had to be diagnosed by a Russian doctor who gave him the right medication.
His wife was diagnosed by a foreign doc and it was discovered she would SOON grow goiter and she should go for its treatment quickly but our doctors who couldn't see what he saw said otherwise until it grew, became a major problem and had to be removed surgically.
So how then, will you describe the present crop of doctors we have.
So many other people have suffered in their hands all because they entrusted the wrong people with their lives. A mistake my family did that resulted in HIS death in April 2009.
I am not a doctor but I read a lot... I knew he had cancer like 6 months before OUR doctor discovered it. He had the symptoms of rectal CARCINOMA in its early stages but the team of professional doctors called it HEMORRHOIDS.... When I shared my fears with a doctor in his case, he laughed it off and when I was hell bent that I wasn't mistaken, it caused a major scene btw me and my family.
Well, I didn't have the last laugh cos I am still crying for my loss.
My advice to you all is to become your own doctor before you meet a professional.
Read and make use of the internet....
Do not make the same mistake we did...
by putting all your trust in a ________ doctor.
NB. I am not a racist
Re: The Current Crop Of Most Nigerian Doctors by Abraham4christ(m): 7:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
You are right "Our doctors do not know what the dnt know"

2 Likes

Re: The Current Crop Of Most Nigerian Doctors by Biodun37: 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2016
This is enlightening, thanks
Re: The Current Crop Of Most Nigerian Doctors by don4real18(m): 6:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Biodun37:
This is enlightening, thanks
you are welcome
Re: The Current Crop Of Most Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 22, 2016
Cramming to pass. You got that point right.
Re: The Current Crop Of Most Nigerian Doctors by nelszx: 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
Reason for this trend is that our own doctors have failed to recognise the multidisciplinary approach to patient care. They still believe in the orthodox knowledge which is outdated. Like you have clearly stated,no matter how good a doctor is if he fails to utilise professionals from the laboratory and radiography den he's as good as a native doctor. OP blood samples are sent to the lab and diagnosis is confirmed but the vaccine production went so bad when people who contributed little or nothing corrupted the system.

Truth is, a simple laboratory analysis or scan can give a marker for goitre before it degenerates but when all dese aren't utilised and you just prescribe unwanted drug it won't achieve therapy. Check all these countries with good clinical atmosphere you find out that patient care has shifted from unidiscplinary to multidisciplinary reason being that everyone has something to bring to the table.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Home Remedies To Prevent Saggy Breasts And Keep Them Perfectly Perky / Can Hiv Spread Via Kissing? / Chemicals And Raw Material Supplier.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.